If Spurs were to buy suarez, is it wrong that I don't think I'd support the club anymore?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would take a great deal to stop me from supporting the club. Short of it condoning racism or being complicit in war crimes the club is in my blood now. It is part of who I am. The spurs cockerel is more important than any one player, and for the same reason that I feel that way when a player behaves like Berbatwat or Ratboy did, I would feel that way about a player coming in. Every adult human being is responsible for their own actions. That applies to players as well. As long as a player is disciplined for his transgressions and otherwise respected the club and fans then I would have no problem.

I do think that with Suarez some of the stuff he's done is relatively mild to the likes of John cunTerry and Joey Barton.

It would take a great deal to stop me from supporting the club. Short of it condoning racism or being complicit in war crimes the club is in my blood now. It is part of who I am. The spurs cockerel is more important than any one player, and for the same reason that I feel that way when a player behaves like Berbatwat or Ratboy did, I would feel that way about a player coming in. Every adult human being is responsible for their own actions. That applies to players as well. As long as a player is disciplined for his transgressions and otherwise respected the club and fans then I would have no problem.

I do think that with Suarez some of the stuff he's done is relatively mild to the likes of John cunTerry and Joey Barton.

good post, couple points

-While I'd agree that its relatively mild compared to some other actions, he doesn't seem especially sorry for doing it, he generally claims to be a victim and then will go and do something again, so in a way, would we not partially condone racism if we were to buy him?

-While its crushing to see players behave the way berbatwat and ratboy did, when that happens, we're dealing with a situation that wasn't inevitable. Where as with suarez, we'd be buying him fully aware of his reputation.

-While its crushing to see players behave the way berbatwat and ratboy did, when that happens, we're dealing with a situation that wasn't inevitable. Where as with suarez, we'd be buying him fully aware of his reputation.
According to Levy, Berbatoss made the first request to leave aftyer his first year, and we don't need to discuss the "Chelsea summer" with Ratty. But still they featured for a whole extra season before being sold so I'm no so sure how accurate it is to say we didn't know what we were dealing with. .

According to Levy, Berbatoss made the first request to leave aftyer his first year, and we don't need to discuss the "Chelsea summer" with Ratty. But still they featured for a whole extra season before being sold so I'm no so sure how accurate it is to say we didn't know what we were dealing with. .

As in it wasn't inevitable when we brought them in, I'd say theres a difference bettween managing difficult players which have emerged at the club and bringing in difficult players. Again, though, perhaps this is a grey area where it really is a matter of opinion where you choose to draw the line.

I'd love it. Both the scouse and the goons would be in pieces....would weaken our nearest rivals.

could you imagine

---------------------Soldado----------------
---------Suarez-----------------------------
Chadli---------------------------Lennon
----------Sandro--------Pauline------

f@ck!!!

BRICK

The fact that you would even CONSIDER switching for any reason speaks volumes. To be frank, if you are like that then you can fuck off right now for all I care. The only loyalty left in football is with fans and if you want to fuck off and support another club then just do it and stop looking for reasons to change your team - cunt.

BRICK

The fact that you would even CONSIDER switching for any reason speaks volumes. To be frank, if you are like that then you can fuck off right now for all I care. The only loyalty left in football is with fans and if you want to fuck off and support another club then just do it and stop looking for reasons to change your team - cunt.

He didn't say he was switching teams. He said he wouldn't feel right supporting a side with that cunt in it and would follow the spurs youth team instead.

I think I would feel uncomfortable but would just about tolerate it as long as a big effort was made to make him more likeable. You have to think that being at a club like Liverpool has something to do with the pr disaster around his previous transgressions. I'd like to think that if a spurs player had done that we'd have handled it much better and Suarez wouldn't be public enemy number one right now.

Saying all that, if we signed John terry I'd frame to go to the lane until he fucked off. Fuck paying £800 a year to contribute even one penny to that cunt's lifestyle

I wouldn't compromise.

Support the shirt and all that but, simply put, the man would be a disgrace to the shirt. I wouldn't want him if we got him for free, with him paying us 100k per week.

The game is about glory, not about shame, racism, and biting. Would give me serious pause about supporting the club while he wears the shirt.

Don't think it's going to happen, though.

If a member of your family does something wrong, really bad even and dispicable, you still care about them.
When a player puts on the shirt, they are family in a similar way. You can't just not support them because they are a cunt. It doesnt mean you like them, or agree with what they do, have done, or whatever, but you do have to support them still.
So, if this happened (which it wont) then I would not like it one bit, not like him one bit, but I would support him and hope against liklihood that he didnt fuck up again. Would I love him in the same way I love Bale, Holtby, Dawson, etc...? No. But I would not withdraw my support either.

Anyway, as it's not going to happen, I can just watch him join Real when they finally realize that Bale aint leaving here, and then I hate him all I want, to the fullest degree that he deserves! And I can hope and look forward to him doing someone terrible again, knowing that Real will suffer the consequences not us.

I'd love it. Both the scouse and the goons would be in pieces....would weaken our nearest rivals.

could you imagine

---------------------Soldado----------------
---------Suarez-----------------------------
Chadli---------------------------Lennon
----------Sandro--------Pauline------

f@ck!!!

Looks strong, except for Pauline - don't think the ladies are strong enough for the first team.

As for Suarez, well I agree with people who say it's not much different to having Adebayor, except Suarez can at least score in between being a dick

Back
Top Bottom