Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having just peeled myself down from the ceiling (it's like getting the ecstasy of opening the exact Christmas present you wanted as a kid) it really does show that the players have bought into what is happening at Spurs. They must be very confident that we are going to achieve some great things, because let's face it, Hugo Lloris would walk into the number 1 spot at most clubs around the world. He must believe he can win medals here, or he'd have been off to any one of god knows how many suitors who could offer him a high probability / opportunity to win trophies.

The second point I think is worth mentioning is that it doesn't matter if we sign anyone in the window. Committing our stars to new contacts is without doubt more important. And it's all been done & dusted before Christmas.

Anything in the window will be a bonus but I, for one, couldn't be happier than I am right now with the way the club is going about its business.

Buzzin.

Last edited:

17257678.gif

The fact that we have one of the best keepers in the world, happy to be here and locked up for 6 FUCKING YEARS....wow man, what a feeling!

Something that probably doesn't hurt: where would he want to go instead of staying at Spurs?

The big one was Man U (if they were to sell De Gea) but despite all their spending this summer, they're still behind us in the league (as of this moment).
Other top clubs in Europe all seem sorted in terms of goalkeeping - perhaps excluding PSG who play in an inferior league anyway.

We're a club consistently moving forwards, with one of the best stadiums in the league arriving in just 18 months (man that's starting to feel close). I used to hope players would see our promise and want to commit to the club long-term, and it's a joy to finally see them doing just that.

You have to love the Woolwich trolls who pop up on Spursofficial tweets like the Lloris contract one. It must really fucking sting to compare us with their player discontent.

Something that probably doesn't hurt: where would he want to go instead of staying at Spurs?

The big one was Man U (if they were to sell De Gea) but despite all their spending this summer, they're still behind us in the league (as of this moment).
Other top clubs in Europe all seem sorted in terms of goalkeeping - perhaps excluding PSG who play in an inferior league anyway.
I'm a little worried about Man City, with Bravo struggling and Hart probably burning his bridges, but even that's a longshot.

Kane to Utd
Walker to City
Rose to Chelsea
Dier to Bayern
Alli to PSG
Vertonghen to Inter
Eriksen to Juve
Lloris to Madrid

I guess that means only Wanyama, Toby, Lamela and Dembele will be sold off by The Press this window then

Didn't realize I was holding my breath until I exhaled at the news. This is fantastic! I'm so excited at the signings, players are buying in and that's huge. Dear God, please, Poch stay.

Kane to Utd
Walker to City
Rose to Chelsea
Dier to Bayern
Alli to PSG
Vertonghen to Inter
Eriksen to Juve
Lloris to Madrid

I guess that means only Wanyama, Toby, Lamela and Dembele will be sold off by The Press this window then
According to Sky Sports today, PSG are interested in Son.

Such great news. Think back to before Hugo and all the shit or inconsistent keepers we had, all those mistakes and lost points, the anxiety it caused our defense. It was a nightmare, it is the hardest position in any team to get right. I could see him going into management one day too, so who knows, if we do have success and he finishes his career here then who knows...I love the fact all the opposition fans on social media are all like "oh, he's throwing his career away" etc. The jealousy and disappointment is palpable.

The weird thing about this is it almost identifies us - Spursy - Walker, Keller, Robbo, Gomes!

This is great news. Now please vote for him for "player of the season" at the end of this season. He is well overdue for that accolade. Just watch the "best saves" video on the last page if you are wavering.

This is great news. Now please vote for him for "player of the season" at the end of this season. He is well overdue for that accolade. Just watch the "best saves" video on the last page if you are wavering.
Looking more and more that he'll be fighting the full backs for that honour - Walker and Rose have been outstanding.

Would be quite the turnaround from our fanbase hounding Danny Rose off twitter, to the meltdown over this tweet:

To then becoming player of the season a couple of years later.

Though never forget...

danny-rose.jpg

They'll be concentrating on Poch instead.

Didn't realize I was holding my breath until I exhaled at the news. This is fantastic! I'm so excited at the signings, players are buying in and that's huge. Dear God, please, Poch stay.

I think the reason so many of our players have committed to the club is most probably because Poch has made it clear to them he's not going anywhere...

The stuff that Hugo has said on the OS recently tells you he (and the players) are choosing to stay as much because of Poch, as the training ground/New stadium...

From the OS:
Hugo told us a couple of seasons ago that he felt a 'family' vibe here, so with so many players playing so many games and committing their futures, did he feel that the Club meant more to this group of team-mates?
"Yes, I feel that every day, every day I close the door in the training ground I can feel this atmosphere and that’s very important for this Club, the way we want to play, the way we want to work, the atmosphere is very important in the team and that’s thanks to the gaffer and his staff who brought this feeling and without that, you cannot reach great things," he stated.

"Step by step we will arrive where we want to be, where we want to go and we just need to be passionate, to work hard and be ready to compete against the best teams."
You can't help but feel the love!
:pocheyes::pochsmirk: :llorishuh: :pochlol: :llorishowudoin:

I love hearing things like whats quoted above. Really shows how far we've come. That is why I'll always back Pochettino with the majority of his decisions.

I feel we have what other clubs, fighting for the same thing we are, don't have. That family connection and that for me will get us alot further in future.

I love hearing things like whats quoted above. Really shows how far we've come. That is why I'll always back Pochettino with the majority of his decisions.

I feel we have what other clubs, fighting for the same thing we are, don't have. That family connection and that for me will get us alot further in future.
I can't help thinking that the Leicester love in around the country last year bonded our team Into a family like unit. Everybody wanted us to fail & that created a unity. All the lads seem happy, they've almost all extended their contracts & as cheesy as the fancy dress thing was, it shows they get on well with each other off the pitch.
Lovely stuff

I can't help thinking that the Leicester love in around the country last year bonded our team Into a family like unit. Everybody wanted us to fail & that created a unity. All the lads seem happy, they've almost all extended their contracts & as cheesy as the fancy dress thing was, it shows they get on well with each other off the pitch.
Lovely stuff

Didn't Vertonghen just give an interview saying Dembele was his only real friend at the club?

Didn't Vertonghen just give an interview saying Dembele was his only real friend at the club?
Dunno. But there is a difference between being mates & being like a family. He seems to be a quiet, likeable man. He doesn't need to be the life & soul of the party to be a valuable "family" member- as long as he looks after them on the pitch.

Dunno. But there is a difference between being mates & being like a family. He seems to be a quiet, likeable man. He doesn't need to be the life & soul of the party to be a valuable "family" member- as long as he looks after them on the pitch.
If Lloris were to give a candid interview, I'm sure he'd say something similar to Vertonghen. Both seem to be rather modest family men who get on with everyone at the club but are quite private.

Still turn up and be absolute beasts for us on the pitch, mind.
:vert::llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom