Huddersfield (A) 29th September - 3pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Kind of a ho hum win, lots of niggley fouls slowed the pace.
2. Harry may be the best PK taker in Europe. Nothing but bullets in to side netting. Unstoppable even if the keep dives correctly. Beautiful header today, and his passing continues to amaze.
3. Back line today was nearly flawless, Dier filled in well for Verts
4. Gaz played well again. #2 over The Worm in my mind.
5. Poor Llorente can’t even get in for Kane with a 2-0 lead, and staring at Barcelona in a few days
6. Huddersfield will be dropped
7. Huddersfield continually presented gifts in their own half but Spurs couldn’t capitalize. The need to be less selfish IMO in order to cash in more. (See H. M. Son) Could of had 4 or 5 if finishing were better. Can say that about nearly every match this season.
8. The Rose PK call was weak. He’s lucky that wasn’t a no call, because he gave up even when gone to goal. Some may call it smart, but I’d just as soon see him show what he can do in that kind of space.
9. Nice to see Winks and Wanyama get in. Winks should be in the 11 for me.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m an optomist, but outside of the first 10-15 minutes I thought we played fine. Kane is looking better and better over the past few games.

Not as comfortable as the scoreline looks. 1 mistake and they were back in it and throwing everything at us. Fair play to them they beat us on Possession and did not sit back. Main worry was they scored all their goals this season from set plays and we have a poor record with set plays. However we were much improved in this respect and the clean sheet was much appreciated. Thought we should have killed it with a 3rd from the many opportunities in the 2nd half. Gazza had another good game. Minus point is Verts out of Barca match?

Missed the second half. Messy performance by most accounts but the results what matters just now and the seasons back on track.

So, a happy weekend everyone and hey, SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur , come celebrate with me hun

FrighteningIdleHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

I’m behind the team, fella. I’m more concerned about tougher tests than the one bottom of our league. We are NOT playing particularly convincingly at all - and whilst winning at your best is usually a benchmark of “champions” we are picking up injuries left, right and centre. I’m worried about future matches.

I get that, always remember when united used to play poorly in the 90s and still get wins and it was labelled the mark of a good side.

We are not playing that well, have injuries and have just recorded our third win in a week.

Every game is a big game, today was a great three points on the road and we will be up for Barca
I

Quite drunk watching that, enjoyed what I saw. Kane back to his true form finally! Fucking yes please.
Bold subs at half time from Poch.
Lovely to see Winksy doing a spot of balling, he was looking tidy.

Scared the crap out of me when Jan was on the deck, of all our players I fear him getting injured the most.

Ref really bad, and seriously Kane must be made from iron or have cyborg legs. Just shakes off dirty shithouse tackles like they were nothing.

Barcelona to look forward to now.

COYS
:tobyarm:

Positive:
3 points despite the fact that none of our 3 creative midfielders played

Negatives:
Dier. needs to be dropped
CM - we need to spend, it's not looking well
Jan injured.
Not quite sure on Moura and Son playing together.

Come on - this was Huddersfield. Bigger tests await us.
Kane - much better although if he scores two per game, I don't care how he plays.
Dier - appalling until he was hidden away in defence under the watchful eye of Sanchez and Alderweireld.
Anyone got his first half pass stats? Did any pass go to a team mate?
Lucas - highly suspect decision making but bright enough.
Son/Dembele (I though he was being wrapped in cotton wool, but seems to play in every game) - anonymous.
Everyone else was pretty much OK but it must be measured against a truly awful team that most League 1 sides would give a game and whose biggest weapon is the 50m long throw - which we dealt with perfectly.
You can only beat what's put in front of you. However let's not get carried away.
Anyone know how bad Vertonghen's injury is? Eriksen back for Barca? We need him badly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom