Huddersfield (A) 29th September - 3pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t get a chance to see any of the game as I’m in Prague. Did we play well? Taking the goals away, did Kane look like the Kane we love?
Kane looked more like the Kane of old. Still not at his peak, but getting there.

My personal take is that we played well in large chunks but it was an odd game since we mainly played on the counter and allowed Huddersfield to keep the ball and we just capitalized on their mistakes. First half was the more shakey one imo since Dier and Dembélé did not work that well in midfield but it got better in the second when Winks and Wanyama took over and Dier moved into the backline. Still had some defensive errors and we could be more clinical in front of goal but all in all an okay performance.

Just okay, not great

kane and Sanchez were immense. We have sort this midfield issue out. I am sorry but Dier cannot give the ball away as much as he does. Still great win and on to Barcelona.

Great result . Glad for Kane to bag a couple . Gazaniger looks really decent .

Great support from their fans . Dier just really sloppy again .
It’s good to be getting these wins but the football is so slow and unimaginative.

90 miles from home and wish I was already in doors. Steady performance, did enough to get the points. Personally I thought Sanchez was fantastic and the gorgeous Paolo made two super saves. Harry looked close to being at his best, and to be fair, he is fouled left, right and centre, so not easy for his game to flow.
Have to give it to their supporters, they made a lot of noise right to the very end, really created a fantastic atmosphere.
Hopefully, Jan being taken off so early was just a precaution so he can be OK for Wednesday.
All in all, a good day at the office, so to speak.

Last edited:
Does make you wonder what this message board would have been like in the 90,s, early 00s, when we were proper shit lol
Just imagine the 1930s!

"no fucking games on TV"
"everything's black and white"
"bloody Sunderland buying the league"
"too many cunts with those new fangled rattles at games"
"I saw some woman trying to get into the ground, bloody cheek"
Oh, and we were in Division 2

Just seen the goals. I was complaining about our lack of movement off the ball the other day, especially down the flanks. Check out the penalty we won and how vital Roses movement was instead of just waiting for it back and crossing it. That movement causes defenders all sorts of problems and our fullbacks or attacking players need to do it more frequently in my opinion. Great to see one of our players take a risk worth taking and getting his rewards for it

Things might not be quite clicking perfectly but this team has just ground out three important results. It’s an important quality. Any idiot still calling for Kane to be dropped? Rested? Do one. You never drop your prime goal scorer unless you’re having a Mourinho-esque meltdown. It’s all about form and rhythm with strikers. Game time is the only way. Barcelona will be fun. We can definitely beat them. I’ll be shit faced. COYS.

Things might not be quite clicking perfectly but this team has just ground out three important results. It’s an important quality. Any idiot still calling for Kane to be dropped? Rested? Do one. You never drop your prime goal scorer unless you’re having a Mourinho-esque meltdown. It’s all about form and rhythm with strikers. Game time is the only way. Barcelona will be fun. We can definitely beat them. I’ll be shit faced. COYS.
Great player with no pre season plays himself into great form shocker

Ha ha , pathetic response .
Now spend the next 2 hours of your worthless existence trying to backup your persistent doom merchant label.
Sorry had you confused with someone else. My apologies

I don't disagree that Kane could do with a rest but I disagree that he's playing badly or that it's a surprise he looks better as he builds up sharpness after no preseason.

He's scored more at this stage than ever. He didn't even look like he had a niggle out there today

Missed the second half. Messy performance by most accounts but the results what matters just now and the seasons back on track.

So, a happy weekend everyone and hey, SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur , come celebrate with me hun

FrighteningIdleHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

Call him Schmoods and ask nicely

Back
Top Bottom