Hopes for the 2023/24 season? 🤔

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopes for 2023/24?

• Total voters
As for hopes

-Top 6

- Enjoyable to watch

- Actually seeing some sort of progression throughout the season, both in terms of the team becoming more fluid, but also individuals clearly getting more confident and their game changing.

- A genuine go at the FA cup.

Actual expectations: A highly disappointing, 'make do' transfer window, some entertaining games when it clicks but a lot of haphazard performances still, and 8th/9th.
I agree with all the above - with the addition of seeing either a breakthrough youngster or the fortunes of a written off player converted under Ange

Fuck all this hopes and expectations shit...my only hope is for enjoyable football, if that's covered then the rest of the bullshit will look after itself...

My hopes for next season ? We win the league by 20 points by playing football that makes peak Barca look like peak Wimbledon, and complete a domestic treble with us beating Woolwich 7-0 in the FA Cup Final.

What do I think will happen? Levy refuses to stump up the necessary cash for the rebuild and we go into the season with a handful of inadequate replacements along with Sanchez and Dier still starting at CB. Big Flange loses his job around Christmas and we appoint the Make a Wish Foundation Kid, Ryan Mason instead. We get tonked by the rest of the big six and finish 11th.

My hopes for next season ? We win the league by 20 points by playing football that makes peak Barca look like peak Wimbledon, and complete a domestic treble with us beating Woolwich 7-0 in the FA Cup Final.

What do I think will happen? Levy refuses to stump up the necessary cash for the rebuild and we go into the season with a handful of inadequate replacements along with Sanchez and Dier still starting at CB. Big Flange loses his job around Christmas and we appoint the Make a Wish Foundation Kid, Ryan Mason instead. We get tonked by the rest of the big six and finish 11th.
No relegation?

You are getting cheerier.

Winning the Heinken Cup in front of our home fans?
GIF by Connacht Rugby

It's the optimism that kills ya!

To some degree, all I really want, is change.

I'm so sick of so many players. And the worst part is, they're usually starters. It's precisely the reason we've been horrible to watch and in decline.

Make no mistake, they'll do the same for Ange

Was talking to some other sours fans I know in the pub the other day. Their expectations were simply ridiculous, and I'm concerned a lot of other fans will be too. There are genuine expectations of challenging for a cl spot.

Over 50% happy to just see good football and a few new players.
Good Lord. This losing culture Antonio talked about runs deeper than I thought..

If ever a fanbase deserved it's laughing stock status . :ange-facepalm2:

Good Lord. This losing culture Antonio talked about runs deeper than I thought..

And again, this is another one of your tropes - twist a limited option poll to suit your agenda.

Every single Spurs fan wants to win something. Just because they selected this poll option doesn't mean they're stopping wanting to win anything.

It's not 'just' good football. It's that they want that as a minimum. They want to be entertained. The last few years have been awful to watch.

To some degree, all I really want, is change.

I'm so sick of so many players. And the worst part is, they're usually starters. It's precisely the reason we've been horrible to watch and in decline.

Make no mistake, they'll do the same for Ange
Tosspot PEH

I would take that based on where I think we are heading

Back
Top Bottom