@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hoping for a reaction from Sundays debacle. Let's play some football and put this over rated bunch to bed.
Another stupid kick off time, but I just hope the players show the fans that they have some passion and our feelings mean something to them.
Do these in style and it will go a long way to ease the pain of last Sunday.

Not sure if he is completely gassed or just having a run of poor form ....maybe both. Either way , Paulinho should sit vs United. Dembele should start in his place and his smooth ability in possession should be more useful vs United

Adebayor is never going to play off the shoulder, he naturally drops deep and drifts out wide. Having said that he's far more of an attacking threat than Holtby and is more likely to connect with Soldado.

I would have said no chance a few weeks back, but now ?
On the fence since we're so desperate on the attacking front and getting that link to Soldado which Ade could properly provide

Still though, Holtby's energy at home and pressing ability would be useful. He just needs to do much more on the attack since he will basically be the operating CAM

I dont think AVB needs to switch up too much from the City fixture.

Swap Dembele for Paulinho.
Move Lamela to RW
Swap AL for AT and let him provide the natural width on the left that is needed.

If AVB does make a change where he resorts to that Siggy / AT inverted wing pairing.....PHS Meltdown. Sort of.

giphy.gif

I would fuck AVB off in a second if we could get R2Dour manager.

Imagine the post match interviews! So sweary it all gets bleeped.

"I don't want some johnny come lately facking robot at my football club trying to tell me what I should enjoy. Wanker's only been in six films. You think this club is known for some bullshit robot football. Fack off. R2D2 out. Too young, too shiny, too beepy and not English enough to understand premier league football. Should we just be satisfied with non-title winning robot football? Is this what our club deserves. I implore you to not accept this mediocrity. R2D2 out."- some Spurs fan after R2D2 loses the first preseason friendly in charge.

Doesn't anyone think the City game showed how much we need Townsend? No matter how much some fans seem to hate him he brings us forward. Him on the LEFT and Lennon on the RIGHT and we'd be deadly :townhmm:

[formation="4411, Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Fryers, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Adebayor"][/formation]

Soldado for Adebayor is a possibility, I just think Ade deserves a start at some point and Soldado certainly hasn't secured his place in the starting 11. Also Lamela for Siggy if we're losing. I just think he needs more time and a smaller game to have his second start in the league.

Last edited:
Serious question, if I sing like a madman during the game even if very few/none of the people around me are doing so, will the stewards have a hissy fit? And how many 1882 guys are going to the game? Because our team needs our support more than ever, just a shame Anji isn't tomorrow.

Serious question, if I sing like a madman during the game even if very few/none of the people around me are doing so, will the stewards have a hissy fit? And how many 1882 guys are going to the game? Because our team needs our support more than ever, just a shame Anji isn't tomorrow.
If you're singing while sitting down, and aren't singing anything offensive, then I don't think they can do anything. Where are you sat? Cos let's be honest, if you're in West, North or the northern half of the East then you'll probably be told to shut up by people around you. But don't let that stop you!

I'm there... (Shelfside)

If you're singing while sitting down, and aren't singing anything offensive, then I don't think they can do anything. Where are you sat? Cos let's be honest, if you're in West, North or the northern half of the East then you'll probably be told to shut up by people around you. But don't let that stop you!

Yeah, unfortunately very North of East stand so I'll have to deal with that. From now on though if we can't got South of East or South stand I won't bother because as much as I love Spurs it was sh!t with the moaning pillocks around me.

Here's a thought... whilst they probably won't designate an 1882 area any time soon, what about designating an 'all those who were just singing in the Pub pre-match, stand here' area... 'cos every time I come out of the Brickies, my ears are ringing... then I wonder why all those singers never seem to make themselves heard IN the ground (probably summit to do with the fat bloke on the stage having a Paxton Road season ticket! I wonder what they make of him in there??)

Back
Top Bottom