Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fully agree with this! And it's something I notice a lot with Tottenham, i.e., that rather than comment on how they completely dominated the game, the pundits focus on an incredibly small negative. They in this case was Alan Shearer, who I generally think is ok analysis wise, but on this occasion drew attention to heaven forbid allowing Middlesborough one half chance in the 90th minute. That comment followed a dismissive comment about Spurs lack of incisive play up front.

I'm convinced that teams who have won more in the last 50 years (particularly Man United and Liverpool) get better reviews for equal performances (not that either of those teams are managing the same level at the moment.)

Shearer's management record
W...D...L.............Total Win%

So tell me Alan, how could Poch improve us

Would love to see Edwards on the bench here.

With the likes of Lamela, Rose, Nkoudou, Trippier out injured there could certainly be room.

Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Winks, Sissoko, EDWARDS, Janssen.

Obviously depends on the team and if we go 3 at the back. Carter-Vickers may also be replaced by Walker-Peters as Wimmer can play left back as well as centre half.

Plus if we are struggling to break a team down or are even 4-0 up. I'd much rather bring Edwards on than Onomah

The Mendes goal was far more the linesman's fault than Clattenburg's, it would have been virtually impossible for MC to see that it had crossed the line from his perspective. The lino was much nearer the goal and looking at it from an angle instead of straight on.

In any event a mistake or poor game doesn't change his overall career, or else we'd have sold Hugo after City away

How many chances did Son waste today? I mean seriously all he did was pointlessly running up and down the pitch like a headless monkey. He isn't good enough to play in top league. Maybe zoo is a perfect place for him to play, kicking the coconut not the soccer ball.

6 posts, between October and now, and every single one negative towards Son....he clearly fucked your wife didnt he. Oh well

Wanyama and Dembele were first class today, any team would take them playing like that.

Tough to break down a team like Boro today, we're expected to do so nearly every week vs 10 defenders now.

Only disappointment for me was that didn't either get a 2nd or control the last few minutes to make it a comfortable win.

We must be a top team now as Clattenburg is giving us 'home' decisions.....

Back
Top Bottom