Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deary me, pleb, I was so hoping you were serious about putting me on ignore.

Anyway, you useless wee cunt, the poster you refer to has posted a grand total of six times and each one is defined by the egregious errors of a footballing imbecile. In a vacuum, his posts would be meaningless. But in the context of yours and cretinousgoat cretinousgoat 's boyish disgust, I found them most amusing.

I expect it is the work of a deft troll. Bravo
I like your replies they are so so inept, but I guess that comes from you looking in the mirror every morning and looking at what you have got and dreaming about what you will never have. Opposite of wee cunt old boy!
(Off ignore fun time!)

We're 2nd in the league(above scum!) with 50 points from 24 games and a 30+ goal difference. Unless you were around in 1961, that's the best run we've had in the league in your lifetime.

We just won a game after dominating heavily(without conceding a single shot on target). Meanwhile both Woolwich and Liverpool lost their games. If you cannot be happy right now you really are a miserable person.
I'm happy!

The only issue I have with Tottenham is how dull it has made this forum. I miss the good old days: 'Levy out!, Sherwood out! Ade is a cunt!' There is nothing to complain about anymore, nothing to debate,
Levy - building a fantastic stadium and finally got the right manager in.
Poch - truly world class and our only worry is holding on to him
The squad - a mix of outstanding academy players and young extremely talented foreign stars.
Anyone that is still complaining is clearly either an idiot or a troll, and either way should just be pitied or laughed at.
Back to 'off-topic' for me. It is the only place to get a decent argument these days.

Ok Mick, nice move. If I respond with any hostility when you come after me, I'm proving your point. You nearly had me there.

Tell you what, why not come to me with a Tottenham related post and see how I respond. Failing that, just continue with your basic and bitter attempts to traduce me. Not a single fuck will be given.
I'm attacking your posting style. I have only commented on what you post
And the general demeanour of your interaction with other posters
Not all, admittedly.
Traduce. How twee.

The only issue I have with Tottenham is how dull it has made this forum.
I forward the motion for a forum name change.
The Chilled Out Cock.
Frozen%20chicken%20_3.jpg

The only issue I have with Tottenham is how dull it has made this forum. I miss the good old days: 'Levy out!, Sherwood out! Ade is a cunt!' There is nothing to complain about anymore, nothing to debate,
The squad - a mix of outstanding academy players and young extremely talented foreign stars.
Anyone that is still complaining is clearly either an idiot or a troll, and either way should just be pitied or laughed at.
Back to 'off-topic' for me. It is the only place to get a decent argument these days.

You obviously haven't seen next season's uniforms then!

Got a few penalty statistics here
We've been awarded 11 penalties in all competitions this season and converted 9 with Janssen and Kane missing 1 each.
We've had 4 penalties awarded against us, with 3 being scored

The only games where we've picked up points with penalties are the Woolwich draw and today's win.
We also got penalties in the 4-3 win against Wycombe and the 3-2 win against West Ham but they also scored a pen in both games.
The other goal scored against us from the spot came from liverpool in the 1-1 draw in august

Jansen hasn't missed a pen? Was Lamela who missed against against man shitty.....

Just watched MOTD and they did what I thought. Shown nothing off the incident from Valdes on Alli and only talked about de Roon's chance by the end, making it look like a lucky win. They tried blatantly to avoid it, but Lineker had to state the fact that we are the team closest to Chelsea at the top.

What an absolute shitshow :sonpoint::sonlol:

No it isnt

Overall another win against a side like so many others who come to Spurs, sit deep and defend in numbers. It's a compliment to this team of Poch's that teams come to WHL with the mindset that they simply cannot compete with our system, game and tactics. This in a nutshell is what Poch has created, then opponents come to WHL with a siege mentality and game plan.

Poch recognizes this, has the players recycle the ball for long periods and though this can appear to be repetitive it's no different to what you see in Span and Germany week in week out. The difference being that there are more sides in the PL with better squads that away from home offer us a bigger challenge.

I have never seen a better side at Spurs in over thirty years and have witnessed many false dawns, but anyone in here who is complaining about this weeks results need their fucking heads testing.

As for Son, and his critics, he is now hitting form similar to that when he was at Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburg. Yesterday he gave everything, takes the heat off Kane and was pulling the Boro defence sideways. His best days are in front of him and not unlike Lamela took time to settle in.

Finally let us not forget that Woolwich lost more Premier League games in a week than we have all season, and thats something to cherish.

Fuck the moaners, whiners and soothsayers in here, because i for one after forty five years of supporting Spurs am as happy as a pig in shit.

Last edited:
Just watched MOTD and they did what I thought. Shown nothing off the incident from Valdes on Alli and only talked about de Roon's chance by the end, making it look like a lucky win. They tried blatantly to avoid it, but Lineker had to state the fact that we are the team closest to Chelsea at the top.

What an absolute shitshow :sonpoint::sonlol:

Fully agree with this! And it's something I notice a lot with Tottenham, i.e., that rather than comment on how they completely dominated the game, the pundits focus on an incredibly small negative. They in this case was Alan Shearer, who I generally think is ok analysis wise, but on this occasion drew attention to heaven forbid allowing Middlesborough one half chance in the 90th minute. That comment followed a dismissive comment about Spurs lack of incisive play up front.

I'm convinced that teams who have won more in the last 50 years (particularly Man United and Liverpool) get better reviews for equal performances (not that either of those teams are managing the same level at the moment.)

Fully agree with this! And it's something I notice a lot with Tottenham, i.e., that rather than comment on how they completely dominated the game, the pundits focus on an incredibly small negative. They in this case was Alan Shearer, who I generally think is ok analysis wise, but on this occasion drew attention to heaven forbid allowing Middlesborough one half chance in the 90th minute. That comment followed a dismissive comment about Spurs lack of incisive play up front.

I'm convinced that teams who have won more in the last 50 years (particularly Man United and Liverpool) get better reviews for equal performances (not that either of those teams are managing the same level at the moment.)

Shearer's management record
W...D...L.............Total Win%

So tell me Alan, how could Poch improve us

I thought the ball movement was superb yesterday, box to box. However, we seemed to hit a wall when we got to their penalty area. This always is the case for the Spurs against teams that pack it in. Son comes close, but we need another attacker with more quickness, that can break teams down such as Middlesbrough.

I thought the ball movement was superb yesterday, box to box. However, we seemed to hit a wall when we got to their penalty area. This always is the case for the Spurs against teams that pack it in. Son comes close, but we need another attacker with more quickness, that can break teams down such as Middlesbrough.

I think we were just unlucky yesterday, we had enough chances but weren't clinical enough, could have easily been 5-0, there keeps having a cracker as well,didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom