Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last season we were hitting teams on the break and moving the ball quickly. Now we seem to sit back with the ball and let the other team get organised. No urgency. We simply aren't playing to Sons strength. There is no room behind the defence.

Conte's wierd obsession with wing backs is our down fall. We cannot build our creativity around Royal, Doherty, Sess and Peresic.

Exactly this- the biggest difference between this season and last for him is with Perisic playing such an advanced role at WB and occupying his preferred space.

It's sad but Son appears unable to change his game in a way needed to integrate with Perisic, who cannot be faulted as he has been excellent. Conte for his part appears to have been unable to coach this into him either.

It's been a disaster and has absolutely ruined both his performance and transfer value for us.
Was looking at the match report from the Villa match and what you stated appears to be 100% true.
The average positions of Perisic and Son are virtually identical. Conte really needs to sort this out.

Was looking at the match report from the Villa match and what you stated appears to be 100% true.
The average positions of Perisic and Son are virtually identical. Conte really needs to sort this out.

Interestingly enough, a few of us had made this observation earlier this season before he was benched and hit his hat trick.

Strange that all the king's horse and all the king's men can't figure these things out. They get paid a lot to do whatever it is they're doing...

Conte is not here to make changes.
He picked his tactics and his selection months ago, now only serious injuries can alter that.

No other changes. No way!

We used to hold on to out assets and claw the most out of them because it was all we had but we have good buying power now and need to take more risks with big names once they are stagnating.

Ali would've gone for 100 mil at one point, Son the same. We need to sell him before it's to late because he's declined A LOT.

He's put in some world class performances over the years, but those are becoming to few and far between now and he's not scoring the goals he was anymore.

He probably needs a freshen up himself to move on and we need some buying power. Will be awful to lose him but the era or highs is over, its time for the club to knuckle down and try to get serious again, emotion can't play a part in keeping players no longer improving.

Maybe I’m extremely naive but I’m just not ready to give up on Son after 4 months. Wind the clock back 6 months the lad was unplayable!

You can’t just lose it overnight surely? It doesn’t make sense. He’s 30 not 40. Salah still looks as strong and quick as ever and he’s older than Sonny.

His touch seems a bit off and he’s not getting the same opportunities to shoot. I’m sure he can get back to his old self

:sonmask:

Interestingly enough, a few of us had made this observation earlier this season before he was benched and hit his hat trick.

Strange that all the king's horse and all the king's men can't figure these things out. They get paid a lot to do whatever it is they're doing...
There's been SK fans on the internet absolutely shrieking at Persic they blame him (hysterically) almost entirely for Son's decline. They want Sessingnon reinstated post haste. As you say odd the coach can't see the issue.

How the hell has Persic made Son shit ? Talk about clutching at straws
If you look at the space they occupy on the pitch and their heat maps, it makes some sense. They constantly get in each others way. However, that doesn't explain why Son can't make a 5 yard pass or control a ball anymore.

Maybe I’m extremely naive but I’m just not ready to give up on Son after 4 months. Wind the clock back 6 months the lad was unplayable!

You can’t just lose it overnight surely? It doesn’t make sense. He’s 30 not 40. Salah still looks as strong and quick as ever and he’s older than Sonny.

His touch seems a bit off and he’s not getting the same opportunities to shoot. I’m sure he can get back to his old self

:sonmask:
salah doesnt looks as vibrant as a year or two ago no way

I think move him over to the right hand side, especially whilst Kulu is injured.
He has played well there before and something really isn’t working on the left at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom