Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said before that the chavs rinsed Madrid for Hazard when they knew he was nearly finished. We should have done that with Son, sure he just won the golden boot but he was patchy as hell last season. Now it's obvious he's dipped big time, we won't have many beating down the door to sign him.
We are run like shit. We couldn’t sell son this summer anyway as we had the whole South Korea trip planned.

Plus some of our supporters would riot… the ones that still think he’ll come good.

Bergwijn would have provided more at LW if he got 14 starts.

We are run like shit. We couldn’t sell son this summer anyway as we had the whole South Korea trip planned.

Plus some of our supporters would riot… the ones that still think he’ll come good.
Yes the fans would be pissed, mostly because we know an unsuitable and uninspiring replacement would be brought in. Zero confidence in the owners handling these situations well
:dempsey:

I said before that the chavs rinsed Madrid for Hazard when they knew he was nearly finished. We should have done that with Son, sure he just won the golden boot but he was patchy as hell last season. Now it's obvious he's dipped big time, we won't have many beating down the door to sign him.
yea that golden boot was a golden chance to fleece a club. but that would take actual football people running the club to pull that off, people that can see things early and dont need it to be made blatantly obvious.

Summits not right with him.... can't put my finger on it, but he hasn't been the same since that 'Beatle-mania' trip to S.Korea pre-season.... did the God like status finally go to his head??

Having said that, if he does go, half the ground will be empty with the dearth of South Korean tourists that make their way over to provide much needed revenue... (probably the only reason Levy hasn't sold him yet?)

His 'telepathy' with Kane is almost non-existent now.... It's more like a cheap end of pier psychic that guesses and hopes for the best!

He was embarrassing today. No effort at all.
I don't think it's lack of effort, but something definitely 'off' with him. The biggest cheer he got was when he threw down his mask. There was a couple of brief glimpses of what he is good at, but these were far outweighed by the times he lost the ball.
Loathe to admit it but think he's past his sell-by date and he needs to leave, sorry Sonny :(

he is done isn’t he ? It’s not a case of been ok and had little luck., He’s been utterly rubbish and does not deserve a place on the bench. Levy must be seeing the plummet in resale value and shitting his pants over it.

I don't think it's lack of effort, but something definitely 'off' with him. The biggest cheer he got was when he threw down his mask. There was a couple of brief glimpses of what he is good at, but these were far outweighed by the times he lost the ball.
Loathe to admit it but think he's past his sell-by date and he needs to leave, sorry Sonny :(
If it was a gradual decline in quality like we‘ve seen with Hugo I’d be more inclined to agree with selling, but it’s such a steep decline that it just kind of reeks of a confidence or mental issue going on. I’m not sure how it gets fixed though and seems like he’s stuck in a downward spiral.

Yes the fans would be pissed, mostly because we know an unsuitable and uninspiring replacement would be brought in. Zero confidence in the owners handling these situations well
:dempsey:
A proper club buys his replacement while he's still here. Then move him on after.

We just keep players until they rot and nobody wants them. We'll do the same with Kane and it's a sign of not really having a long-term plan for squad management.

He looks to have lost a yard of pace. Personally I think Richarlison coming in and him having to fight for his place put him in a dull, his form suffered and now he can’t get over it.

I would say he gets fouled a lot now and gets zero protection from referees. The awful idiot in charge today did nothing to help him getting a kicking a few times.

Less chance for him to shoot because Perisic is so deep in the final third. He has to cover the space for him..

Ex: 7:15.. Son is in the back while Perisic is attacking. Son is not a wingback..

I also notice that he's playing more centrally. He plays better when he's on the side but it's pretty obvious why he has to go to the center.. The heatmap says it all.

But this still does not justify his awful form.. As you pointed out already, something is off for him this season.. and I think many different things are causing it. Tactics, injury, confidence, fatigue, etc..

A proper club buys his replacement while he's still here. Then move him on after.

We just keep players until they rot and nobody wants them. We'll do the same with Kane and it's a sign of not really having a long-term plan for squad management.
He looks to have lost a yard of pace. Personally I think Richarlison coming in and him having to fight for his place put him in a dull, his form suffered and now he can’t get over it.

I would say he gets fouled a lot now and gets zero protection from referees. The awful idiot in charge today did nothing to help him getting a kicking a few times.

I love this....
We DID buy a replacement (Richi) while he (Son) was here ....But in doing so, Son's form has suffered as he apparently can't handle a bit of competition for the first time in his Spurs career....

Either we're a proper club, or not...

Fucks sake, can't have it both ways!

I wonder if his heavy schedule for both club and country over the years has caught up with him. The kind of player as a skillful and speedy forward running at defenders means it's been good fortune he's never really had a serious long term injury. But maybe mentally he is fatigued and it is affecting his play. His best game by far was as a sub against Leicester with his hattrick representing the player we all know and love. I had thought that would have been the jump start to his season but it hasn't happened and perhaps it is time for another appearance from the bench where he offers fresh legs against tired defenders.

Less chance for him to shoot because Perisic is so deep in the final third. He has to cover the space for him..

Ex: 7:15.. Son is in the back while Perisic is attacking. Son is not a wingback..

I also notice that he's playing more centrally. He plays better when he's on the side but it's pretty obvious why he has to go to the center.. The heatmap says it all.

But this still does not justify his awful form.. As you pointed out already, something is off for him this season.. and I think many different things are causing it. Tactics, injury, confidence, fatigue, etc..

Exactly this- the biggest difference between this season and last for him is with Perisic playing such an advanced role at WB and occupying his preferred space.

It's sad but Son appears unable to change his game in a way needed to integrate with Perisic, who cannot be faulted as he has been excellent. Conte for his part appears to have been unable to coach this into him either.

It's been a disaster and has absolutely ruined both his performance and transfer value for us.

Exactly this- the biggest difference between this season and last for him is with Perisic playing such an advanced role at WB and occupying his preferred space.

It's sad but Son appears unable to change his game in a way needed to integrate with Perisic, who cannot be faulted as he has been excellent. Conte for his part appears to have been unable to coach this into him either.

It's been a disaster and has absolutely ruined both his performance and transfer value for us.
He was just as bad for South Korea so hard to place all the blame on Perisic.

Perisic also hasn’t contribute to Sons ability to take players on declining for each of the last 2 seasons before falling off a cliff this season.

He was just as bad for South Korea so hard to place all the blame on Perisic.

Perisic also hasn’t contribute to Sons ability to take players on declining for each of the last 2 seasons before falling off a cliff this season.

-World Cup is different and makes it harder to judge his form based on the talent around him.

-I didn't blame Perisic at all- I said he's been excellent.

-It's hard to say Son has been declining the last 2 seasons when he won the golden boot only last year.

I think Son could still regain form, but if it is to happen at all here, it'll be in a 3-5-2 up top with Kane and Perisic at RWB, or in a 3-4-3 with Kulu and without Perisic at RWB.

Either way, Conte should have rotated him a lot more and given him more to think about. Free starts when he's absolutely been dogging it out there has helped no one, and has only reinforced to him that his bad form is acceptable.

Edit: meant to say 'LWB'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom