Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

72y9t4.jpg

Wonderful moment for him, he was somewhat poor in the game before that and just a couple of moments earlier he was in roadrunner mode looking down and not getting a pass off but he really did well to set up the goal.

Wonderful moment for him, he was somewhat poor in the game before that and just a couple of moments earlier he was in roadrunner mode looking down and not getting a pass off but he really did well to set up the goal.
A bit bizarre how he would have 4-5 south korea players open and dribble into a dead end with his head down but then have almost no one forward with him and look for a pass... but it worked out in the end!

Really happy for him, just shows that one moment of magic is enough to make the difference.

Son Heung Min Koreantaghappy GIF
Selfishly and stupidly I had been quietly hoping S Korea might go out, to give Sonny a break and time for him to heal a bit more.

But clearly that wasn't what he needed, was it? One magical assist and progressing from the group stages has proved to be a marvellous medicine for him.

Selfishly and stupidly I had been quietly hoping S Korea might go out, to give Sonny a break and time for him to heal a bit more.

But clearly that wasn't what he needed, was it? One magical assist and progressing from the group stages has proved to be a marvellous medicine for him.
Likely they lose to Brazil and he gets 20 days rest anyway.

Very happy to see him so happy but his overall performance didn’t do much to change my mind that he’s at the stage of his career where his moments of magic are closer to reminders of the player he used to be rather than a sign of his actual current quality. Almost like how when a flame dies out it flickers a bit before it goes.
Gooner???

Very happy to see him so happy but his overall performance didn’t do much to change my mind that he’s at the stage of his career where his moments of magic are closer to reminders of the player he used to be rather than a sign of his actual current quality. Almost like how when a flame dies out it flickers a bit before it goes.
Same for Kane. I’m not sure he will another shot this season, other than the odd pen

Pochettino appeared as a guest on the BBC’s coverage of South Korea’s shock win over Portugal on Friday. And the Argentine shared a brilliant story about Son’s first training session in north London.

“It was a really tough first season, it was a massive change from Germany. He’s a familiar person, he needs his family around,” Pochettino said.

“I remember in the first training session his father was watching. I had one eye on him and one eye on his father. His father was controlling everything.

“But after he said ‘I am so happy with the way you treat my son, and your training session’ and I was like ‘phew’.”

You don't have to watch the match to realize that this guy is one hell of a leader. Fucking love him. He and South Korea won their World Cup, they should be proud.

Back
Top Bottom