Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele is very, very good at just instinctively beating a man and bursting 10-20-30 yards with the ball when he wins it. That really helps us out the such critical phases.

He also gets in the box a whole lot even then.
It's, dare I say it, Dembele-esque. Having a player in the midfield that can beat a man and commit a defender or two is so crucial for our attacking band members to get that yard of space, as we don't have the paciest bunch. Now that Dembele is back, competition for spots in the attacking band is going to be intense, but based on that performance Sonny has to be in there, if not at Wembley then definitely against Sunderland.

Fully justified his recent run in the team...
We've got plenty of AM options now... Dele, Lamela, Eriksen, Sissoko... and who knows what N'Koudou will bring... Sonny's another one, good to have around, and clearly a popular squad member.

Still think his control on the ball isn't the greatest, sometimes doesn't look like he fully has it under control but he was great toay. RIPPED the full back apart time and time again.

The difference now is Son seems to actually be dribbling past people instead running into them. He is also getting himself into great positions. I still think he lacks a bit of composure but I like what I am seeing. I have always been very critical. Also staying out and clapping the fans off was a nice touch.

It's a stupid thing to do. It's as if he's trying to justify why there were rumours in the summer that Son was going to leave. Kinda like "ohh he wanted to leave it's not me pushing him out". Absolutely no need to say anything right now.
So you prefer being lied to and spun PR bullshit?

Not for me mate.

There was another link/story in the papers this morning about him going back to Germany. By being open about it it's kind of killed the story. He wanted to leave, we convinced him to stay, he has responded with a 2 MOTM performances in 3 games. Poch is such a cunt, he hasn't got a clue, he is out of his depth, what a stupid, stupid fucking thing to do, the consequences of saying this are a disaster, right? Would love to know what you think the consequences are now?

The difference now is Son seems to actually be dribbling past people instead running into them. He is also getting himself into great positions. I still think he lacks a bit of composure but I like what I am seeing. I have always been very critical. Also staying out and clapping the fans off was a nice touch.
Any player that runs at the oppo is vital in a team even if those runs result in nothing, there is allways the 2nd ball to be won when the defence has been turned. Obviously, goes without saying it is a more beautiful thing to watch when they do come off.

Any player that runs at the oppo is vital in a team even if those runs result in nothing, there is alleys the 2nd ball to be won when the defence has been turned. Obviously, goes without saying it is a more beautiful thing to watch when they do come off.
Indeed which is why I liked Sissoko today. Half the time it doesn't come off but at least it stretches the full backs.

So you prefer being lied to and spun PR bullshit?

Not for me mate.

There was another link/story in the papers this morning about him going back to Germany. By being open about it it's kind of killed the story. He wanted to leave, we convinced him to stay, he has responded with a 2 MOTM performances in 3 games. Poch is such a cunt, he hasn't got a clue, he is out of his depth, what a stupid, stupid fucking thing to do, the consequences of saying this are a disaster, right? Would love to know what you think the consequences are now?
No..i just prefer Poch doesn't go and tell the whole world that Son wanted to leave.

His previous comments about us making the decision about players staying or leaving was fine (he also stated how difficult it was for Son last season). Why does he now have to tell us that it was indeed Son who asked to leave? what good will that do (especially after Son is in such good form). Smacks of him trying to justify why Son might have been sold.

Any player that runs at the oppo is vital in a team even if those runs result in nothing, there is allways the 2nd ball to be won when the defence has been turned. Obviously, goes without saying it is a more beautiful thing to watch when they do come off.
I agree with you there. For the game vs Monaco, I previously said Son was not the best when it came to crossing. But, his passes, crosses, and corners looked deadly today. There were many chances he created and he had today. It was dissappointing that the score was 1:0, but certainly well-deserved win! I am happy for his MOTM. He stayed after the game and clapped the fans off, too. What a class!

Indeed which is why I liked Sissoko today. Half the time it doesn't come off but at least it stretches the full backs.
I was pleasantly surprised, I enjoyed his performance. Thought he showed intelligence on the ball and made the right choices with his passing, even if a couple of our supporters didn't. He put in a massive shift too, he was blowing out of his backside around the 70th minute and still made himself available to receive the ball and make a couple more runs.

Loving our options.

Back
Top Bottom