Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched him play for South Korea in the Asian Cup earlier this year,
He's fast, good on the ball, scored in the final to equalise in the 91st minute

Son looks sharp:
That last Aussie goal where the fullback got nut-megged brilliant:
You can bet that the play will used by coaches advocating put the ball out at all costs!

12-14-son.jpg

We'll want to make sure he doesn't take any advice off our current midfield, who seem to be convinced that their heads will explode the second they set foot in the box.

Edit: 1000th post, whooop!

Last edited:
P.S. Great, another player where no one has any idea of what their best position is?!

:pochfacepalm: :townhmm:

I think the idea is that he will fit nicely into the positions behind the lone striker (LW/CAM/RW) as these positions rotate frequently under Poch. It is a system used to confuse opposition defences and keep them honest and it works best if the three behind can play all three positions. If anything Son being able to play all three is a bonus rather than a hinderance...

12-14-son.jpg

We'll want to make sure he doesn't take any advice off our current midfield, who seem to be convinced that their heads will explode the second they set foot in the box.

I don't know what the deal is. AVB would not let players outside a zone. And Poch seems to be doing a trio of AM's with free roles loosely central, left and right and none of them know when to stick or twist going forward. There is so much hesitancy that you can only put it down to bad coaching.

Agree. Dogs isn't as bad but still think it would be similar to us signing an African player and saying he chucks spears cos you know a few people in Africa used to chuck spears.

Anyway, back to the thread...........

Where are the ITK's on this one and how many youtube hits has Ming-Son had today by people frantically trying to pretend they know who he is?
I'm not not gonna lie, never heard of him until 3 hours ago
If you don't have BT Sports, maybe you should watch ITV4 then.

I don't know what the deal is. AVB would not let players outside a zone. And Poch seems to be doing a trio of AM's with free roles loosely central, left and right and none of them know when to stick or twist going forward. There is so much hesitancy that you can only put it down to bad coaching.
If that's the case how come Lambert, Lallana and Rodriguez did ok? SFC looked ok. It's just the players. For instance, you rarely see Dembele pass and run into space.
In fact, you really see him make a reverse pass to his right.

If that's the case how come Lambert, Lallana and Rodriguez did ok? SFC looked ok. It's just the players. For instance, you rarely see Dembele pass and run into space.
In fact, you really see him make a reverse pass to his right.

Southampton never beat us with Poch or MS in the prem. Koeman had a weaker team in the season after Poch left and he did better than Poch in the prem.

Saints did OK under Poch. Just like Spurs did OK under Poch. IMO the weak link is not our players. Our team shape and slow starting lineups point to coaching/management.

Southampton never beat us with Poch or MS in the prem. Koeman had a weaker team in the season after Poch left and he did better than Poch in the prem.

Saints did OK under Poch. Just like Spurs did OK under Poch. IMO the weak link is not our players. Our team shape and slow starting lineups point to coaching/management.

These are professionals playing at the highest level. The manager needs to remind them to get off to a fast start?

I guess our manager needs to remind these professionals about playing defense on the ensuing kickoff after we score a goal?

This is where having a young inexperienced side hurts us IMO. We already have a mentally weak side, but we're being exposed in all the places youth and inexperience hurts a team.

These are professionals playing at the highest level. The manager needs to remind them to get off to a fast start?

I guess our manager needs to remind these professionals about playing defense on the ensuing kickoff after we score a goal?

This is where having a young inexperienced side hurts us IMO. We already have a mentally weak side, but we're being exposed in all the places youth and inexperience hurts a team.

I agree. I posted that after the sucker punch regarding us having a young team didnt help regarding the goal from kickoff.

The trouble is, Poch did that last season.

I do think this team has a good mentality though. We have not laid down like some claim. (not you)

IMO there are a lot of future captains at Spurs. Mason, Dier, Toby, Bentaleb, Kane etc have that bulldog in them.

Last edited:
P.S. Great, another player where no one has any idea of what their best position is?!

:pochfacepalm: :townhmm:

Well I think thats whatPoch wants, what has been terrible about our 4-2-3-1 is the lack of pace and flexibility of the 3 behind Kane, they are stifling attacks and not creative

The only time it worked was the Chelsea game when for some reason they actually did interchange and was a fucking nightmare for them to defend, hopefully with Son and Clint they can actually move, create, interchange and actually shoot too, exactly what you need

Think of the utimate, which is De Bruyne, sterling, silva behind aguero, that movement creativity. We just have Chadli doing bits and pieces but excellent at finding space to score, Eriksen under performing and Lamela useless, so these two will really start to get things "moving"

With a lot of modern players, you still have to remind them where the stadium is, and what day we're playing there!

Back
Top Bottom