Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love how this morning is barely given this guy a second thought. Now I'm checking my phone every 2 minutes to see if we've signed him yet and getting all excited.

I have to admit though that I was rather underwhelmed before I read some of the comments on here bigging him up. I've heard he's a decent player but there aren't many Asian players who have really shone in the premier league.
That Ki at Swansea is decent. Yoshida at Southampton not bad. Probably the best performer was park Ji at United for a couple of years. But only really for his stamina and workhorse attitude. Our own Lee Young Pyo was a little hit and miss and was never really thought of as a top player. Anyone else I'm forgetting?

(Bar Toda obviously)

Kagawa? :vdvhmm:

If only Man Utd played him in the right position ey? I'd still take Kagawa in a heart beat. Plus in the light of South Korean talent who have come to the Premier League, Park Ji Sung is one of the most underrated footballers in the leagues history.

Kagawa just couldn't seem to adapt to the prem. Son, on the other hand, is taller, faster and stronger so he seems way more suited. Having said that, the BL isn't exactly a cakewalk so who knows maybe they just cater better to their Asian players off-pitch needs?

but there aren't many Asian players who have really shone in the premier league

This is what worries me here. If we were talking 5m or so id say OK lets give the fella a go, take a chance. But 20m on a bloke who isnt even actually a centreforward, and has never played prem football? Reasonable return of goals comsidering he isnt a "proper" striker... but ive got misgivings about this one. Hope im wrong if he comes.

Oh please.... come on..... we've had enough eating dogs and dvds and ching chong issues back in the days when YP Lee was at Spurs... and those threads actually made Spurs fans notorious for being racists in S. Korea. Spurs is famous worldwide and us yellow people dont feel those "humours" are humourous.

btw.... Son is regarded as the most talented player in the national squad. Apparently he's got very good sense on learning foreign languages; his German sounds almost perfect, apparently. Think he will be quickly settle in (hopefully).

Hey,just a question. Does he speak english at all or just korean and german? Does anybody on spurs speak german?

I went to school with a fuck ton of Koreans.

In that entire time I gathered that "shibalomah" is cursing someone the fuck out.

Im only asking because didn't lamela have a hard learn the system because he couldn't understand english? I only know english and if I went to another country I'd be proper fucked

Hey,just a question. Does he speak english at all or just korean and german? Does anybody on spurs speak german?

watch him interviewing in English! bit funny lol

as a Korean, learning and speaking German is way harder than English so I dont think he will struggle on that matter.

Didn't Arcspace out you as Joe Clash?

:chadliwtf:

www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/things-that-annoy-you.5547/page-250

This board is going to get a racist reputation. Not good.

You think Ledley was over sensitive when confronting John Terry after calling him a bl••k ba***rd?

It's not our place to point out yellow this and dog that?

Don't be so daft.

Stick to endless pages of football manager stats and leave the grown up stuff well alone. You're not doing yourself any favours.

Don't be so daft.

Stick to endless pages of football manager stats and leave the grown up stuff well alone. You're not doing yourself any favours.

Calling bullshit on yellow and dog eating comments aimed at a new Asian Spurs player is childish?

You think despicable shit like that is over sensitive?

How about you explain since you are so grown up?

Back
Top Bottom