Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has to do with this little thing called Japanese Imperialism. Raping, pillaging... all that stuff.

What stuff? I'm not a real historical person. I know, Japs were the axis powers and did some bad stuff but don't really know all the details except the Nanjing massacre.

Please be more detailed.

What stuff? I'm not a real historical person. I know, Japs were the axis powers and did some bad stuff but don't really know all the details except the Nanjing massacre.

Please be more detailed.

Rooster, the Japanese empire was a ruthless killing machine that deserved to get nuked into submission. It is estimated that they may have murdered 10-15 million people throughout Asia (about half Chinese, but also everyone else they conquered). They fought dirty too (the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, kamikaze/suicide attacks, torture, etc). Re: Korea specifically, they’d been trying to invade Korea since the 1500s. In the 1890s, they assassinated the Korean queen and invaded again. They eventually conquered Korea and ruled with an iron fist until they got nuked and surrendered. During their rule, they tried to wipe out the Korean language and culture. They also kidnapped thousands of Korean girls and used them as sex slaves for the Japanese military. Look up “comfort women”. They still pretend like this was no big deal and say sorry not sorry about it. After the war, Korea was then split up by the Soviet Union (North Korea) and the US (South Korea) which is essentially why we have Kim Jong Un today. So the Japs are indirectly responsible for him too.

Rooster, the Japanese empire was a ruthless killing machine that deserved to get nuked into submission. It is estimated that they may have murdered 10-15 million people throughout Asia (about half Chinese, but also everyone else they conquered). They fought dirty too (the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, kamikaze/suicide attacks, torture, etc). Re: Korea specifically, they’d been trying to invade Korea since the 1500s. In the 1890s, they assassinated the Korean queen and invaded again. They eventually conquered Korea and ruled with an iron fist until they got nuked and surrendered. During their rule, they tried to wipe out the Korean language and culture. They also kidnapped thousands of Korean girls and used them as sex slaves for the Japanese military. Look up “comfort women”. They still pretend like this was no big deal and say sorry not sorry about it. After the war, Korea was then split up by the Soviet Union (North Korea) and the US (South Korea) which is essentially why we have Kim Jong Un today. So the Japs are indirectly responsible for him too.

Context .....

The Japanese killed less than 3% of the Chinese population, and less than 2% of the Korean population.

By comparison the US (and it's allies) killed 8% of the German population, and 4% of the Japanese population.

The US lost just 0.3% of it's population ....

So if the Japanese were 'ruthless killing machines' then what the feck does that say about the Americans?

Interestingly despite all the movies about the blitz, d-day, dunkirk because the UK was never actually invaded less than 1% of the UK population were killed by WW2.

World War II casualties - Wikipedia

History is written by the winners, both sides were ruthless killing machines, both sides fought dirty ... the US just did a much better job.

Sorry very off-topic ...

Context .....

The Japanese killed less than 3% of the Chinese population, and less than 2% of the Korean population.

By comparison the US (and it's allies) killed 8% of the German population, and 4% of the Japanese population.

So if the Japanese were 'ruthless killing machines' then what the feck does that say about the Americans?

Interestingly despite all the movies about the blitz, d-day, dunkirk because the UK was never actually invaded less than 1% of the UK population were killed by WW2.

History is written by the winners, both sides were ruthless killing machines, both sides fought dirty ... the US just did a much better job.

Sorry very off-topic ...

USA did not start WW2 did they?
Didn't Japan bombed Pearl harbor first?
USA just retaliated with sheer force. (And most of the casualty was the result of using 2 Nukes on them)
Remember, IF Japan never attacked the US they might have never been in involved in WW2 in the first place. The fact that your talking like Japanese and Germans weren't that bad tells how much you know about history. My grandfather had to go through hell because of the Nazi's during the war. Just stick to Thai history buddy.

Word of advice. Don't post something you got from Wikipedia and act like you know shit, makes you seem even more less intelligent than you already are.

You can’t throw out those numbers without looking at military versus civilian deaths. The Nazis and Japs counquered areas and then mass murdered civilians.

Korea lost only 2% of their population? Doesn’t sound so bad unless you consider they were already conquered by Japan for decades before the war started. So essentially, Japan murdered 2% of their civilian population.

Japan still worships and honors its war criminals. On the other hand, Germans have formally apologized and paid a massive amount of money to victims. I just know all Asians hate each other whether it's Chinese, Japanese or Korean. Enough with this discussion.

Context .....

Sorry very off-topic ...

There are the numbers (yes, war is bad and all sides do terrible things), and then there are the acts that reflect what we're truly dealing with. I'm sure there were American soldiers who did awful things too, but the systematic and state-condoned carrying out of atrocities against the civilian population by the Japanese was on a different level altogether. If your argument is that the Japanese and the Americans were on the same moral playing field and that the Americans, as victors, simply got to write history, I would take exception to it.

Not the kind of discussion I was expecting when I clicked on the thread!

Reading other forums (come on, we all do it) they are utterly desperate to sign Son. Over at the Man U one they appear to want Poch, Toby, Son, Eriksen and Kane in the summer. Jesus, lads, if you are that in love with us why not just start supporting Spurs instead? Liverpool fans too seem to want him (lol).

Anyway, I am absolutely loving the player he has developed into. The man's becoming a real superstar for us. Seems like one of the loveliest blokes in football, too.

Do all those South Korean fans stick around when he eventually retires or are we going to have to buy the next best player from their country?

Word to the wise, if fuckwits like Hitler and Hirohito are gonna throw stones, make sure the other guys don’t have rocks to throw back..whatever the percentage of casualties was in their respective countries, the bloods on their hands not on America’s or the UK’s

Japan still worships and honors its war criminals. On the other hand, Germans have formally apologized and paid a massive amount of money to victims. I just know all Asians hate each other whether it's Chinese, Japanese or Korean. Enough with this discussion.
Japan's complete lack of dealing with what it got up to during WW2 is a serious failing of the country, and is having the rather obvious fall-out of a young generation who think that they were on the right side all along.

Not that kind of party, mate.

Not the kind of discussion I was expecting when I clicked on the thread!

The joy of TFC in a nutshell.

Context .....

Sorry very off-topic ...
That, like Son, we've got a damn good conversion rate?

:wanyama:

TBF, we've had a lot of practice.

The Empire was a pretty fucked period of history. The Comfort Women saga is cringey as fuck and should get way more attention that it does. Japan is still weird as fuck...though Korea is pretty weird, itself.

Son, however, is Korean. If this demands that our defacto stance be "fuck Japan" then so be it, I'm on board. But you'll have to pry the Pentel P207 out of my cold dead hand...sorry.

All is fair in love and war...

The night bombing of German cities and the atomic bombing of Japanese cities were undoubtedly war crimes. Churchill and Roosevelt both have statues and memorial centres. War criminals are honoured in every country. Germany may be an exception, but what Germans of that era say/said in private and public are two different things. The Japanese have apologised for the comfort women and paid compensation, no matter what they do it will never be enough for the Koreans, and I can see why. But black and white thinking is for children

All is fair in love and war...

The night bombing of German cities and the atomic bombing of Japanese cities were undoubtedly war crimes. Churchill and Roosevelt both have statues and memorial centres. War criminals are honoured in every country. Germany may be an exception, but what Germans of that era say/said in private and public are two different things. The Japanese have apologised for the comfort women and paid compensation, no matter what they do it will never be enough for the Koreans, and I can see why. But black and white thinking is for children

If they hadn't of nuked Japan there wouldn't be a Japan you only have to look at the carnage of the Island invasions to see what would of happened if they did a conventional invasion. And although the night bombing campaign by the RAF is controversial now we often forget the Germans started bombing civillan targets first. So to call Churchill and Roosevelt war criminals is a bit harsh.

If they hadn't of nuked Japan there wouldn't be a Japan you only have to look at the carnage of the Island invasions to see what would of happened if they did a conventional invasion. And although the night bombing campaign by the RAF is controversial now we often forget the Germans started bombing civillan targets first. So to call Churchill and Roosevelt war criminals is a bit harsh.
Calling people that commit war crimes war criminals is just dealing with reality. The Japanese had already offered a conditional surrender prior to the atom bombs. The 'he started it' defence has no impact on either the criminality or ethics of the crimes

Anyways, let our Son unite, not divide.

tumblr_mi0hul8Dtw1s5avnyo1_400.gif

Calling people that commit war crimes war criminals is just dealing with reality. The Japanese had already offered a conditional surrender prior to the atom bombs. The 'he started it' defence has no impact on either the criminality or ethics of the crimes

Stop posting things you got from Wikipedia and act like you know shit.
ANYONE can change things in Wikipedia.
The fact that Japs are going around and deleting Sons video everywhere mean they are still shite.

They still deny the Nanjing massacre/comfort women. I just researched this but in their school textbooks it says
"the invasion of other Asian countries was to bring peace to the world" and it depicts Chinese and Koreans as barbarians.

Post something when you actually know the facts. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The conditional surrender was utterly unacceptable. No occupation and no trials for the crimes they committed, and they knew this it was ploy to buy time to sure up Japans defences. And the "he started it" defence is an utterly acceptable defence if your people are dying and you have the means to end there suffering, the UK, US bombing campaign crippled the Reich and cut years of the war. And in the end saved lives despite how horrible that may sound.

And putting Churchill in the same bracket as Imperial Japan who a very strong case could be made for being just as bad if not worse then the Nazis just ain't right.

Back
Top Bottom