Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sentimentality which has allowed the likes of Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Davies, Lloris etc. remain at the club for far too long.

It starts from the club and filters down to the fans until it becomes normal to accept declining standards and "well isn't he a great guy".

He's a fucking weirdo PR machine who is controlled by his dad at 30 odd years old and never fingered a bird. Move on.
spot on!! one of the best posts ive seen on this site!

It's very cliché but I think he's just physically exhausted mixed in with his body just simply getting on. I don't think his body will allow him to do what he wants to actually achieve.

This guy has played a monstrous amount of football for club and country for the past decade. Barely ever gets a rest, barely ever rotated.

A player of his profile was always going to slow down after 30 - the thing with Son is, you could always rely on him to score regardless of his overall game. But nowadays, he almost seems scared to shoot, which means all you get is someone who is quite easy to mark out of a game, doesn't take players on and if he's not shooting, he might as well not be playing.
I don't think he is "scared" to shoot... I mean why would he be? I think its more Ange ball than anything.

I mean how many goals did we score outside the box since Ange came? It seems like we always want to make the extra pass to score inside the box. Trying to create that perfect goal...

Shit like that only works in SPL.

Didnt really try to beat his man while playing on the wing...yea simply not good enough.

TBH a players of Son's profile was always going to decline in his 30s....this season he has been great prior to the asia cup...since then...not so much.

I don't think he is "scared" to shoot... I mean why would he be? I think its more Ange ball than anything.

I mean how many goals did we score outside the box since Ange came? It seems like we always want to make the extra pass to score inside the box. Trying to create that perfect goal...

Which is completely different to how we played in the first few months of the season...

Faded at the end of last season too.

We all love him but he's not a player that helps you challenge for titles anymore. Another player who spent his peak years wasted under Levynomics

I’ve said it before but wasting the peak years of Kane-Son (two legitimately world class footballers who had a wonderful understanding/balance) instead of trying to capitalise and build a top team round it is fucking criminal.

We only signed VDV when Kane left. A CB the club has needed for years. Only finally accepted Lloris was on his last legs too. The club used Kane/Son to achieve the bare minimum for years.

A third great player up top to compliment them, an elite defender, keeper and midfielder whilst they were at their best and we could’ve won stuff. But instead we treaded water. Then one left, the other declined and we signed some decent players.

Fucking take Levy to the moon and leave him there.

A third great player up top to compliment them, an elite defender, keeper and midfielder whilst they were at their best and we could’ve won stuff.
you have a short memory. we had the best back 4 or one of in the world. we had dembele and eriksen who everyone raves about and a dele alli who for 2 years everyone thought was going to be the best thing since sliced bread....we won fuck all!

he's also afraid to take on a academy fullback playing his 2nd PL game. he's afraid to go for a header. he's afraid to put in a tackle unless hes trying to break someone's leg.

He used to be my fav player, but he's playing like a total coward.

To me, he seems to care more about his image of being a "good guy" or maintain image of being an "unselfish player" than being a real winner.
He's a forward who refuse fight physical battle inside of box, refuse to take a shot, and he's zero threat to opponent because all he does is pass backward.

I'm seriously done supporting this guy, and it's not just because he's playing bad, I'm really sick and tired of his cowardly mentality. I've seen little girls play more aggressive and brave football than Son.

Last edited:
Agreed. He still has great technique but I think his contributions fail to outweigh his negative impact on our overall play.
Son is very limited player - world class in the right system but otherwise …

Son is world class at

1. Running into space and finishing long balls over the top and through balls -

2. Curling long shots from outside the box into the top corner.

Neither of these are things under Ange-ball. So he’s USELESS for us. We should get rid since Ange isn’t going anywhere this summer.

Frankly not sure how he has 16 goals and 9 assists. He’s been completely useless recently now that Ange ball principles are now fully ingrained and other managers have adjusted to neutralize Ange-ball.

I’ve said it before but wasting the peak years of Kane-Son (two legitimately world class footballers who had a wonderful understanding/balance) instead of trying to capitalise and build a top team round it is fucking criminal.

We only signed VDV when Kane left. A CB the club has needed for years. Only finally accepted Lloris was on his last legs too. The club used Kane/Son to achieve the bare minimum for years.

A third great player up top to compliment them, an elite defender, keeper and midfielder whilst they were at their best and we could’ve won stuff. But instead we treaded water. Then one left, the other declined and we signed some decent players.

Fucking take Levy to the moon and leave him there.

We had peak Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld as well. Dembele at his best too

Levy doesn’t deserve the support this fanbase has given him and the fanbase doesn’t deserve the repeated batterings it’s got from his negligence of the football team

Son is very limited player - world class in the right system but otherwise …

Son is world class at

1. Running into space and finishing long balls over the top and through balls -

2. Curling long shots from outside the box into the top corner.

Neither of these are things under Ange-ball. So he’s USELESS for us. We should get rid since Ange isn’t going anywhere this summer.

Frankly not sure how he has 16 goals and 9 assists. He’s been completely useless recently now that Ange ball principles are now fully ingrained and other managers have adjusted to neutralize Ange-ball.
we all know what son can do, So why doesn't ange
He clearly hasn't looked at match videos for past seasons to see how players play
we all know Son does not like to be bished and bashed So why play him at CF
he works best with balls over the top So why Doesn't romero play early balls over the top
Its all down to the manager

service? what service is he meant to get? he played wide today hes meant to provide the service! when hes striker hes not in the box to receive service cos hes a pussy who dont want to head the ball or compete ( use chelsea second goal for reference).
You're clueless. You think he didn't head the ball for the second goal because he was scared of heading? Have you ever played football? How are they heading that ball unless they are much taller?
Son and PEH were the only two actually trying to defend and for that they are criticized by some retards. Where were the defenders in that situation?

Son getting the rough end of the stick when he is in the twilight of his career is a bit rich to stomach.

If 25 g/a in 31 games is shit, I'd love to know what qualifies as a pass for us?

Where are the goal contributions from Midfield? Romero has more goals than the lot of them bar Kulu.

Back
Top Bottom