Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For sure the strange circumstances affected that finish yesterday, in a normal match he would always score that.
I think thats the best way to put it. He wasn't thinking when he was through "I'm going to miss this" but at the same time it probably had an affect on him.

Where do Ange's comments about fragile foundations fit with making Son captain and recently confirming he is part of our future plans?

If Ange is really all about winning, as he claims, then he needs to bollocks to call a spade a spade and move Son on if he does not fit the system.

All jokes aside. He didn’t try and miss that. He just missed it.

He was dreadful in the second half of the season, as were most of our players in fairness.

Age isn’t on his side and if a suitable offer comes in, we should take it. Got to be ruthless and we cannot be carrying passengers if we’re serious about winning shit. Son certainly isn’t the only one.

Love him to bits, great player in his day, great man. But time catches up to everyone and it seems that’s precisely what has happened with Sonny.

He has 17 premier league goals you complete melter.

Thought both Son and Maddison when they were at their best were getting rested / often going off after 60 mins early in the season. Not sure what happened after, this was a season we were supposed to have more depth, but not ready to say anyone's finished until we see how they do with appropriate rotation.

Also hope I'm still alive for the 2035 Son autobiography when we finally find out his thoughts on THAT miss.

Speaking on TalkSPORT in the wake of the defeat to City, Jordan shared the conversation he had with CAA Base (Son’s agency) during the game about the South Korean.

“It was interesting because I’d spent the afternoon with the head of CAA which is one of the biggest talent agencies who were describing Son as one of the global superstars. One of the most brandable footballers in the world."

He's been world class and we've always been fortunate to have him. He could have easily played, and shone, in Liverpool and Man City's teams over the years. He was that good. On top of that, he's always played with a smile on his face, never complained over anything which included selling our other world-class player to Bayern Munich. Harry was a huge part of the club and also one of Son's best mates. He could have easily kicked up a stink and sulked, but instead he stepped up and showed his passion and love for the club more than ever. When he either retires or finally leaves here he will surely go down as one of the all time greats. I'm just sorry that he never won the trophies a player of his ability and attitude deserves.

Back
Top Bottom