Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Klinny is a bit of a whining git isn't he?

But, he is one of the genuinely world class players to have played for us in my time supporting (since 84):

- Hoddle
- Lineker
- Waddle
- Gascoigne
- Klinnsman
- Sheringham
- Bale
- Modric
- Kane

Who else would make that list? Son? Dembele? Vertonghen? Walker?
Berbatov?
Rafa VDV?

Sonny looks distraught and a bit shell-shocked to be fair...

To be expected after an extremely gruelling, frustrating and disappointing 4 weeks...

Sonny like the team feel real shame for what happened and exasperated from being severely hindered by Klinsmann ....

He does need a few days to mentally recover

To be expected after an extremely gruelling, frustrating and disappointing 4 weeks...

Sonny like the team feel real shame for what happened and exasperated from being severely hindered by Klinsmann ....

He does need a few days to mentally recover
...and what better way to get Klinsmann out of his system, than a big Ange hug!

I say he plays some part Saturday!

I believe Henry said Taribo West was the toughest centre back he ever faced.

Think his words on King were that he was simply the only defender he faced who would tackle fairly. No shirt grabbing etc.
I'm not trawling gooner swamps, this is the direct quote I'm referencing. Which to my mind is in line with what I wrote. I suppose we could get into the semantics of Toughest as opposed to "best" I have little inclination to.

Thierry Henry: "Ledley King was the best defender I've played against and the only one that didn't have to foul me to get the ball."

I'm not trawling gooner swamps, this is the direct quote I'm referencing. Which to my mind is in line with what I wrote. I suppose we could get into the semantics of Toughest as opposed to "best" I have little inclination to.

Thierry Henry: "Ledley King was the best defender I've played against and the only one that didn't have to foul me to get the ball."

Fair enough.

I thought it was common knowledge that quote was made up and taken out of context

Either way, it's nice to know King is held in such high esteem. I always hear pros on their podcasts big him up and how good he could have been. Probably heart breaking for him, but shows how highly he was rated and where he could have gone

Fair enough.

I thought it was common knowledge that quote was made up and taken out of context

Either way, it's nice to know King is held in such high esteem. I always hear pros on their podcasts big him up and how good he could have been. Probably heart breaking for him, but shows how highly he was rated and where he could have gone
If you can bare listening to the prat, it is on video so clearly not made up and it's repeated a few times on different occasions. West I think he means was the most physical and WOULD assault you if need be ( bit like Cuti!!). But he's such an insincere prat that it's hard to believe anything he says. That said I recall Ledley having a great game against France( ultimately won by a last minute Zidane freekick). And in the post match BBC interview Henry went "Ledley King...WOW!" So it probably is genuine.

Last edited:
Klinny is a bit of a whining git isn't he?

But, he is one of the genuinely world class players to have played for us in my time supporting (since 84):

- Hoddle
- Lineker
- Waddle
- Gascoigne
- Klinnsman
- Sheringham
- Bale
- Modric
- Kane

Who else would make that list? Son? Dembele? Vertonghen? Walker?
Carrick.

Unreal player, don't know how he didn't play more for England!

Son too, can't have Kane without Son and vice versa.

Cant really drop Rich at the moment in his scoring form, my guess is Son slots back in at LW with Werner/Johnson/Kulu all fighting for the RW berth. Nice to have some varied options
It shouldn't be beyond them to swap around fluidly during the game, sure they can nominally be selected as Rich up top and Son on the left, but no need to stick rigidly to that.

Switching about as and when could cause more trouble for the opposition, and allow both Rich and Son to bag their share of goals.

Back
Top Bottom