Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'll know more about his abilities than we do I think it's safe to say. On a scale of 1-10 where do you see his ability as a footballer right now and on a scale of 1-10 where do you see his ability to take his game to better levels playing in the Premier League?
Pfff...That's difficult. I am quite sure he won't be the second Hazard but he will certainly make Spurs stronger. He is really, really fast and (as he is from the Ajax academy) has more than enough technical skills too.
Any disadvantages? Absolutely! He is not very stable in his performance (he can be invisible sometimes), he should score much more goals and yes, he IS a trouble maker (so definitely needs a Mourinho as a coach). He left the Ajax academy because of a conflict too (when he had to sit on the bench his father, who didn't agree, started waving with a white handkerchief in front of the coach during a youth competition game). That's how it started and he was quick to sign to the PSV vultures .

Last edited:
I'm not overly impressed with this guy. He's okay but £30m? Our scouting team is shite.
Where would this leave Moura? Out the door I reckon.

I'm not overly impressed with this guy. He's okay but £30m? Our scouting team is shite.
Where would this leave Moura? Out the door I reckon.

True. We should be able to find 50 thousand pound layers. And God forbid we have competition for places.

I wonder if Mourinho needs scouts.

That stadium of 6 thousand is no theatre for players to star in and with us only being the tenth biggest club by income we can't be overspending can we.

If it's true this fella, what's his name, Odemwinge? Is in London ready for a medical pending a price being agreed, he obviously never saw the N'Koudu saga. Or to be fair, any Spurs transfer saga.
Is he in the same hotel room as Leandro?

All about what's available. The quality available at centre forward, for example, doesn't look great. We could end up signing another Grzegorz Raziak if we aren't careful.

This guy has a lot of talent and is available for a good price. Prioritising quality over the short term needs of the squad is fine with me.
A second striker is a long term need mate. But yes no one wants a Raziak.

Pfff...That's difficult. I am quite sure he won't be the second Hazard but he will certainly make Spurs stronger. He is really, really fast and (as he is from the Ajax academy) has more than enough technical skills too.
Any disadvantages? Absolutely! He is not very stable in his performance (he can be invisible sometimes), he should score much more goals and yes, he IS a trouble maker (so definitely needs a Mourinho as a coach). He left the Ajax academy because of a conflict too (when he had to sit on the bench his father, who didn't agree, started waving with a white handkerchief in front of the coach during a youth competition game). That's how it started and he was quick to sign to the PSV vultures .
The attitude is a bit worrying. Style-wise, anyone you'd compare him to in the prem? Seems strong and quick. Sadio Mane, Adam Traore??

The attitude is a bit worrying. Style-wise, anyone you'd compare him to in the prem? Seems strong and quick. Sadio Mane, Adam Traore??
A bit like Sadio Mane, but not as good. On the other hand: I expect Mane to be more expensive. PSV is desperate at the moment and they will be eager to sell Steven. Levy should know this, so any price above 30 million would surprise me.

I would rather have us buy Ebrechi Eze instead. He would be cheaper and he probably qualifies as a homegrown player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom