Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hercules said:
STRIKERS
I do not have any intel on Llorente 1 year proposal. But we do not want to spend good money on a ‘back-up’ (word I don’t like). Whilst Troy may not be ready, and the potential of the kid which we signed from Notts County. I am hearing that we are concerned about spending large in that department.

Tentative inquiries have taken place on experienced ‘back-ups’, but proving challenging, as quality experience have options. If a very good and attractive deal is there near the end of the window, we look at it.

This is my opinion now! All down to Llorente I would say.

Sounds like accurate itk. :sonpoint:

Hercules said:
STRIKERS
I do not have any intel on Llorente 1 year proposal. But we do not want to spend good money on a ‘back-up’ (word I don’t like). Whilst Troy may not be ready, and the potential of the kid which we signed from Notts County. I am hearing that we are concerned about spending large in that department.

Tentative inquiries have taken place on experienced ‘back-ups’, but proving challenging, as quality experience have options. If a very good and attractive deal is there near the end of the window, we look at it.

This is my opinion now! All down to Llorente I would say.

Sounds like accurate itk. :sonpoint:

I want us to sign Dybala just to see that mug try and dig himself out of that hole lol.

There's nothing to this at all. There's more stories linking him to Man Utd than us. The only people who've benefited from this are the bookies as he's been backed down to 3/1. If there were any truth he'd be odds on. He'll still be at Juve no question come September. Very much a Sarri type player.

There's nothing to this at all. There's more stories linking him to Man Utd than us. The only people who've benefited from this are the bookies as he's been backed down to 3/1. If there were any truth he'd be odds on. He'll still be at Juve no question come September. Very much a Sarri type player.
A Sarri type player? Really? Probably doesn't fit the profile as a Sarri striker, who likes a proper number 9, he's ineffectual out wide, and he's not a CM. I doubt he fits Sarri's 4-3-3 at all. Seems to play his best football in a role similar to Dele's, as that number 10/second striker type

The interesting bit of information that came out late last night was "we've been holding discussions for a few weeks" so this must have been known by Poch before a lot of his recent press conferences. There was a lot of Media about Dybala for Pogba around the end of last month, just maybe Dybala for Eriksen is what's on the cards ... have to say I'd take that in a heartbeat ... good for us as we get an 80m player on a five year contract not one an 80m player who's leaving on a free in 12 months, and good for Eriksen he gets to win some trophies in a new country.
All 2+2=5 but the fact we've been talking about it for weeks (DL kept that nice and quiet) and it's now come out in the media either means that a deal is close so get the PR working, or that it's not happening so why keep it secret anymore ... at least we won't have long to find out.

The interesting bit of information that came out late last night was "we've been holding discussions for a few weeks" so this must have been known by Poch before a lot of his recent press conferences. There was a lot of Media about Dybala for Pogba around the end of last month, just maybe Dybala for Eriksen is what's on the cards ... have to say I'd take that in a heartbeat ... good for us as we get an 80m player on a five year contract not one an 80m player who's leaving on a free in 12 months, and good for Eriksen he gets to win some trophies in a new country.
All 2+2=5 but the fact we've been talking about it for weeks (DL kept that nice and quiet) and it's now come out in the media either means that a deal is close so get the PR working, or that it's not happening so why keep it secret anymore ... at least we won't have long to find out.
And the fact that we’ve been ‘talking about this for weeks’ and none of the ‘itk’ have picked up a whiff tells me how very fucking little they actually know.

I can’t see a Dybala move been sanctioned by DL without similar funds coming in from elsewhere - which means Eriksen heading off. And like you, I would take Dybala in for Eriksen out - so long as Lo Celso comes from Betis.

A Sarri type player? Really? Probably doesn't fit the profile as a Sarri striker, who likes a proper number 9, he's ineffectual out wide, and he's not a CM. I doubt he fits Sarri's 4-3-3 at all. Seems to play his best football in a role similar to Dele's, as that number 10/second striker type

Whether or not he's a Sarri type player isn't something I'm gonna over think because I've got no doubts it's a non story. Credible Italian sources would be all over it if there were any truth to it. This thread's a bit too Spurs Community already and all we need now is Hercules and fucking Trix to come and tell us we're in discussions with Juve and it "could go down to the wire and Juve are insisting that Onomah is included in the deal".

Cancelo, a right back, is the player we want and need from Juve.

Whether or not he's a Sarri type player isn't something I'm gonna over think because I've got no doubts it's a non story. Credible Italian sources would be all over it if there were any truth to it. This thread's a bit too Spurs Community already and all we need now is Hercules and fucking Trix to come and tell us we're in discussions with Juve and it "could go down to the wire and Juve are insisting that Onomah is included in the deal".

Multiple sources across the football world are saying we've made an approach - Argentina, Italy and the UK all reporting very similar stuff ... this has clearly been 'leaked' by someone very probably at Spurs ... might just be a bargaining chip to get the Le Celso deal done ... but just maybe there is some tiny truth it's nice to be linked with top class players even if we don't sign them all ...

Multiple sources across the football world are saying we've made an approach - Argentina, Italy and the UK all reporting very similar stuff ... this has clearly been 'leaked' by someone very probably at Spurs ... might just be a bargaining chip to get the Le Celso deal done ... but just maybe there is some tiny truth it's nice to be linked with top class players even if we don't sign them all ...

Clubs make discreet enquiries all the time. We've sounded out countless players that we'll never even know about. There isn't the plausible dynamics that exist in a likely transfer though in this case.

As has already been said, it's more likely to do with brinkmanship with Betis. They want 70M Euros but we don't really wanna pay more than 50. We know they now have to sell as they've committed to Fekir and want some striker called Borja Inglesis, and we're now giving them something else to think about - I.E. We could pursue other targets, then you can't bring in Inglesis and could be left with a player that doesn't wanna be there. These are the transfer dynamics of a realistic transfer.

Back
Top Bottom