Have we signed Miralem Pjanić yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excuse it all you will, but we displayed the exact same semicircle approach we have in our two competitive games to date. The evidence is overwhelming. AVB managed to convince Daniel Levy to part with 30 million pounds on a player at the position, while Baldini was being sent to pursue Pjanic from Roma and rumors abounded about our interest in Eriksen. I can't believe people can watch what we've already seen and say it's enough. Soldado is barely getting any through balls. He's scored two PK's and on two crosses after Tbilisi were already mentally out of the game. He can be an absolute monster if he gets just a little more.
Well considering even if we do buy anyone now they wont be able to play them. We can see what this team can do against a decent opposition in Swansea.

Think its pretty clear from the Willian attempts what we're after, a 10 that plays on the wing:gylfi:...:harryblow:but has pace and drive. Pretty hard thing to find.

@ BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES @ cahspur cahspur I can't imagine bringing in Willian and playing him on the left. Led's knees do you think if Willian (or a very similar type player) comes in he will play on the left? I'd see him playing in front of a midfield trio.

Gk - Lloris/Friedel/Gomes
RB - Walker/Naughton/Kaboul
CB - Dawson/Kaboul/Vertonghen/Chiriches(?)/Capoue/Fryers(?)
LB - Rose/BAE(?)/Fryers(?)/Vertonghen
CDM - Sandro/Capoue
CM - Dembele/Paulinho
CAM - Holtby/Sigurrdsson(?)
LW - Chaldi/Siggy/Lennon(?)
RW - Bale(?)/Lamela(?)/Lennon/Townsend
ST - Soldado/Ade/Defoe/Bale(?)

Looking at our squad, I'm agreeing more and more with Cahspur, it appears that possibly by the end of this window the only two spots we won't have two quality players is LB and CAM. With these recent performances i'm starting to hope that Siggy is our number 2 LW instead of being our number 2 CAM. If Bale does stay, I think the only two necessary additions are Chiriches (or another CB, preferably left footed), and a CAM.

Our LB position: Rose - 23, Fryers - 20, Vertonghen in only desperate situations. If we do end up selling Bale and get 93m, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Baines. I can see Baines being a top PL LB for the next 2-3 seasons. 2-3 seasons will give Fryers time to be loaned out, and time to develop, it will also give Rose time to work on his defensive issues and become a top notch LB just in time for Baines to be looking around 30.

I've got a horrible tendency to only do on FIFA what players do in real life. Meaning immediately shooting with Defoe, doing many circles with Parker, get fouled with Dempsey, dummy kick with BAE. This new influx of players has put me right out of joint:paulinho:need to see moar games:carrollwtf:

Dembele is tremendous on FIFA, dont be put off by his overall stats, just fucking get him on the ball and dribble around, nothing more frustrating than somebody you can't get the ball off, Dembele has the strength and pace to make him a right pain in the arse when in possession:dembele:

Dembele is such a good finisher too... On my first Career mode I played a 4-4-1-1 with Lennon playing LM and Bale playing RM. Ade played in front in about 90%of the games with Dembele playing behind him. Dembele had 17 goals and 8 assists in January. Ade had 11 goals and 11 assists in January. Ade sold to BARCA for something over 30mil can't remember the exact number. Dembele sold to PSG for a similar price. I then switched to a 4-3-3 with Bale + 60mil to buy a striker and LW, forget who i bought at that point.

You have to buy the squad update. It comes with a kit update too. But it is still a rip off.
Didn't even know you could do that.

I haven't given EA any money. Bought the game for $25 on Amazon for black friday and sold my UT coins for $150 this summer.

Levy'd that shit. :levystare:

He's fluent in six languages. He would therefore be extremely valuable in European football as we would know what many opposing teams were saying. Bring 'im in, Franco.

Back
Top Bottom