Have we signed Miralem Pjanić yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's fluent in six languages. He would therefore be extremely valuable in European football as we would know what many opposing teams were saying. Bring 'im in, Franco.

So, over Lennon in a 4-3-3?

If we get him I'd prefer he played his natural CAM position, as that's also where I think we could use the creativity the most. I for one, would not be opposed to this acquisition. However, I don't think it'll happen as I believe Roma is pretty bent on keeping him and from his recent quotes this summer he's pretty committed to them. In lieu of this, I'm really hoping Holtby can step up and become a big player for us this year.

Theres another Roma player we should be working on other than Pjanic....

I disagree. I may get my first negative rep points for this, but I do not want the player you're thinking of for the prices being cited. I think he plays ball like a bit of a bitch. Bale's goal against Norwich is exactly why I think Lamela wouldn't be a fraction of a replacement. Granted we all know there isn't a true replacement for Gareth Bale on the planet, but Lamela'd have gone down 30-40 yards prior on that run. No thanks. I'd take him for half the prices being discussed at most. Would much prefer Willian for the preemptive direct replacement. It's almost like it's meant to be with Anzhi having their "firesale."

Back
Top Bottom