Have we signed Krzysztof Piatek?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have we ever signed a player without the rollercoaster of news? Apart from Son, I think no one.

Let's draw conclusions at the end of the window

To the people wincing at the thought of buying a 30m backup striker... let's take a quick look at our competition and their estimated current values in today's market:

1) Liverpool - Divock Origi (20 - 30m)
2) Man City - Jesus (40-50m)
3) Chelsea - Giroud or Batshuayi (10-20m)
4) Woolwich - Two strikers who have a value of around 30-40m each
5) Man U - Martial (40-50m)

I have been intentionally low on my estimates of the 'bigger' players who could well go in excess of the above.
So really it wouldn't be out of the ordinary at all. We need squad depth at this position as Kane is seemingly an injury prone player now so we really need to be prepared (and to have a fucking plan B for once!)

Good work and conservative approach. Jesus would go for 75+ million given his age.

Have we ever signed a player without the rollercoaster of news? Apart from Son, I think no one.

As if people haven't learned from past transfer windows. The media will throw everything they have at us during this time, most of which will be bollocks. What matters is that we don't start acting like melts and that we actually end the window getting in some of the players we need.

I don't recall anyone jumping the gun on any transfer info recently...

hqdefault.jpg

:levywtf:

He's an absolutely vital signing if Mourinho is going to complete his project here. Bringing in players that reduce the chances of pesky youth players getting minutes is a big part of José's philosophy. This could be a great move for Parrott too, just look at the influence José had on De Bruyne and Salah.
At the very least Parrott should have had around 30 minutes vs Middlesborough. Its mental to not even give him that. Imagine if we hadnt done that with Kane. Not like Kane was doing anything majorly brilliant before the great Tim Sherwood gave him a proper run in the side.

As if people haven't learned from past transfer windows. The media will throw everything they have at us during this time, most of which will be bollocks. What matters is that we don't start acting like melts and that we actually end the window getting in some of the players we need.

Just ask Hercules

Back
Top Bottom