Have we signed Hulk yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

May I check something here? You appear unsure as to what position Hulk plays, yet have also seen enough of him to know Lamela is better?

How does that work then?

It was just a weirdly worded observation mate. They're both winger forwards (mainly) and I didn't say Lamela was better. He is, however younger, and most likely on substantially lesser wages and has yet to be known as a troublemaker (as far as I know)

Hulk, on the other hand, has been acting like a proper cunt in Russia (problems since day 1) and even though he was brilliant in AVB's (amazing) Porto side, I have failed to be impressed by him since. Also, Lamela's age will eventually lead to Real paying £300 billion for him. Hulk will not gather the same fee due to his age!

Considering kaboul and sandro were out for the 2nd half of last season, the way I see it is that we're more or less switching michael jordan and the looney tunes for the team they play against in space jam?

If he's available for the same fee as Willian then id take him. Big strong pacey rocketbooted dude with a cool name, whats not to like? You dont get in the Brazil squad if you arent a bit tidy. Plus the manager has worked with him before

Aren't his problems in Russia mainly to do with the disgusting abuse he has to put up with from his own fans?

Yes, a fair point. Absolutely. His wages did cause some rifts within the squad though. Which isn't his fault though. So I guess my point is moot.

EDIT: However, I do prefer Lamela for reasons listed above if we have to pick! Obviously, Hulk would be a stellar signing, I'm not an idiot. But to me, Lamela fits the mould better! I am a bit biased as a mate of mine is an avid Roma fan, so I've seen (and heard) quite a bit of Lamela and my mate is not happy with him possibly leaving!

I thought we already signed Hulk...

sandro.jpg

He would surely fit our team of absolute beasts. Imagine Capoue, Dembele, Pauliho, Hulk, and Chadli in the midfield. Who needs creativity when you can run over them?

Swap Sandro in where you see fit as well.

Poor old Soldado... needs someone to slip him in, rather than pot shots from the beasts 30 yards out.
Great powerful side though, agreed.
I'd rather have Holtby in the side. I think he'll be brilliant when he comes back. Just throwing out the hypothetical though. That is a scary line up to face that would probably be good against a team like Chelsea or Man U.

Back
Top Bottom