Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
Looks like it's gonna happen. Pretty happy. My 2nd choice after LvG.

Ajax are to Spurs what Spurs are to Real Madrid (or United in the past).

Im getting the "its on!" vibe but it is by no means certain.
He could just as easily be announcing his availability as it seems LVG was...

That said, I think we can offer him what he needs, I think he can offer us what we need - all in all its a really good fit

This was on HITC earlier...

"Spurs? I know nothing,โ€ was the brief response offered to the Dutch news provider when quizzed on the potential for a move to White Hart Lane...

:freundgoal:

"I will talk and I will listen" + "I will want to make sure people can say this is a club under the hand of Frank De Boer"
Let's then hope that if he gets the job, Levy has learnt from what happened with AVB that he will need to give FDB more control... Otherwise it's just gonna end up being the exact same story..

Still would prefer LvG. There has to be a certain amount of caution with FdB. He's potentially AVB all over again. Big success with one club, but not much else. That pales in comparison to LvG's CV. But, that said, I'd still prefer FdB to most of the other coaches that have been suggested.

That said, I think we can offer him what he needs, I think he can offer us what we need - all in all its a really good fit
I liked the way he's said he'd rather go to a Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle type club (describing them as sleeping giants) rather than a quick fix like Monaco who are also keen. Suggests his mentality is in the right place.

Also, it means Eriksen will be number 10. As he should be all season long.

Still would prefer LvG. There has to be a certain amount of caution with FdB. He's potentially AVB all over again. Big success with one club, but not much else. That pales in comparison to LvG's CV. But, that said, I'd still prefer FdB to most of the other coaches that have been suggested.
I agree, but I would suggest that he's done it season after season, rather than a single season. Suggesting he is adaptable. Especially losing his best players every year (Vermaelen, Verts, Eriksen etc.). Well suited I feel.

Fingers crossed.

We should remember he's young and the dutch league isn't as competitive as our own, but he's now my first choice (certainly over Pochettino), advantage on LvG is he'll have a whole pre-season too.

Let's hope all our players at the world cup go out in the group stages.
:avbpray: :kaboullol::akabusi:

Understandable why you might say that but De Boer has had four years of success at Ajax as opposed to AVB's one. Also not to diminish AVB's incredible season with Porto but he had four players who sold for well over 30m euros in Falcao, Hulk, Rodriguez, and Moutinho. Also Freddy Guarin has been excellent at Inter. De Boer's best two players in his Ajax tenure now wear lilywhite. Furthermore, Ajax has been a cradle of coaching since the 1970's and there have been numerous legends who have developed and learned as managers there. It has to be one of the most tactically prestigious places to develop in world football. Look no further than the footballing minds of Vertonghen and Eriksen, in terms of seeing the field you can tell they are streets ahead of everyone else. Of course it might not work out, but on paper I think De Boer has more going for him than AVB. He was also a great player which the players clearly respect.

Anyway, there's also stories that Pochettino will talk to us at the end of the season. Looks like Levy is getting his ducks in a row to bring the top candidates in for interviews. Good stuff.

Another thing about FDB is that it would appear he has all the leverage going into any type of negotiations. Hopefully he will be able to get certain contractual assurances from Levy.

When we hired AVB he was coming off an embarrassing sacking. I'm sure he was thrilled to get back in a job especially at a club like Tottenham. Probably wasn't able to get all the stuff he would have preferred in the contract.

Agreed, we still don't know what's happening with Barcelona. Hopefully they'll go for Luis Enrique, which seems the most likely choice given his work in Spain and the Barca youth setup itself.

Back
Top Bottom