Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
There seems to be some movement towards a Spurs move; saying he 'will think about after last game' Not his typical kinda reply. AS Monaco seems also interested. Wouldn't worry about them though. No way he interested in games with 5000 supporters

Best thing is that you appoint someone soon so we get to keep Frankie :soldadowatch:. If he signs for you guys give him some time to get his system into the team. Don't start crying if you lose some. You always play 10-5th spot so one more season shouldnt be a problem. Then you'll get your CL moneys and fame

Im not sure it means much.
While there is technically no job available, and both the EPL and Eredivise seasons are unfinished - AND there has been no official approach - what would we expect him to say?
And its hardly "No chance!" its simply "Im playing dumb"

Do you think its possible now then? Seemed not long ago you were confident he would stay at Ajax.

Obviously Im in favour of him coming, but Id have thought the same with any manager. If Moyes had said "Havent heard from them" Id have said the same, its just good manners given the circumstance, what else could they say?

Do you think its possible now then? Seemed not long ago you were confident he would stay at Ajax.

Obviously Im in favour of him coming, but Id have thought the same with any manager. If Moyes had said "Havent heard from them" Id have said the same, its just good manners given the circumstance, what else could they say?

Yeh probably not wise for any manager to commit completley, after all if a manager fucks up few clubs give the guy time to get it right so why would a manager show loyalty if none is ever returned. Gut instinct tells me De Boer wants to stay for 2-3 more years at Ajax, think Pochenttino is a more realistic alternative. Who knows, be happy with either and more happy if we give them more than a season to build a team.

Well, I would say it's not impossible. But expect some serious negotiating. He pbb demands full technical power, a big transfer budget, an insane buy out if Levy wants him out the first season, all staff to his liking etc. He doesn't have to go; he' certainly won't mind 2 more years at Ajax...

It mainly surprised me that he left the door open while he was quite direct at earlier avances..

I reckon he is the right person for the job and that's what we need a young vibrant manager who will have a go!

There seems to be some movement towards a Spurs move; saying he 'will think about after last game' Not his typical kinda reply. AS Monaco seems also interested. Wouldn't worry about them though. No way he interested in games with 5000 supporters

Best thing is that you appoint someone soon so we get to keep Frankie :soldadowatch:. If he signs for you guys give him some time to get his system into the team. Don't start crying if you lose some. You always play 10-5th spot so one more season shouldnt be a problem. Then you'll get your CL moneys and fame

How very dare you.. We have "played" 4-5th spot the past 4 seasons and maybe 5th again this season..:avbhumph:

de+boer+van+tilburg.jpg
The rumours started yesterday afternoon and continued this morning in both the Dutch and English press.

Frank De Boer, winner of four successive Eredvisie titles at Ajax, is Tottenham’s number one managerial target.

The transfer gossips suggest Mauricio Pochettino is also in the running to take over at White Hart Lane but it looks like Daniel Levy is first trying to tempt De Boer.

Ajax midfielder Davy Klaasen urged supporters of the Amsterdam side to start a campaign to keep Frank De Boer at the Amsterdam ArenA.

And, a Facebook page has been set up, titled: “Frank must stay.”

Already the page has attracted 12,000 Likes, which is pretty impressive and it references the Spurs approach on the description of the Facebook page.

It says: “The rumour mill has started. Tottenham Hotspur are in the race for OUR Frank de Boer. Do you think Frank should stay? LIKE this page!”

As mentioned in another Frank De Boer post this morning, Spurs, Monaco and the Ajax fans should probably be a lot more concerned with losing the Dutchman to Barcelona!

I think we're all just being hosed. Levy's master plan is to let all of this information get leaked and then he'll place an enormous bet on Sherwood staying manager and be able to fund the new stadium.

:adewtf::levyeyes:

Its ON!

Sloppy translating of the quotes of FDB:

De Boer talked to the NOS (Dutch 'BBC'). It states he will seriously think about moving to Tottenham Hotspur. "The English have contacted Marc Overmars (technical director at Ajax). I will think about it after the last competition match on May 3", according to the manager. "I will talk and listen. After that, i will let my feelings speak".

Edit:
"I want to add something to a club," said the coach. "That people can say that they see the hand of Frank de Boer. Liverpool is a good example of this. Like Brendan Rodgers is doing it now, for example." AS Monaco was also mentioned: "But that means nothing to me. Monaco has already arrived as a club", said De Boer. He can work together with Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen, who went from Ajax to the Spurs again at Tottenham

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom