Have we signed Diego Costa yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diego Costa

He has always been that player that opponents hate but the fans have a twisted love for, it would be interesting seeing him at Spurs with Jose

An ultimate shit house when on form and I certainly wouldn't say no, his form the last few seasons has been pretty shite though and his wages are pretty high.

He would be a useful Plan B off the bench. In the event of Kane being rested or injured, he is one player who can mess up the plans of the opposition and drag their defenders out of position and give the likes of Son and Dele and Berg space and time to score goals. So while totally not expecting him to challenge for the golden boot, but he may be effective in the Mourinho-system overall.

Personalities like Hart and Costa is what is needed for the team to not choke at the last hurdle before trophies.

A 2-year deal won't be the worst thing to happen in this window in my opinion.

Diego Costa

He has always been that player that opponents hate but the fans have a twisted love for, it would be interesting seeing him at Spurs with Jose

No! Fuck no!

What is our club coming to!? First Mourinho, now this? No!

It would cost a few grand just to ship over his sarcophagus.

Tbh, I think he's doing pretty well staying one step ahead of the ageing process....

image.jpg

I would rather Troy Deeney then a washed up past it Costa, dont get me wrong i would have nothing against signing the same Costa when he was last in the PL, but not the mess he is now. By the way i really hope we dont sign fucking Troy Deeny either !

I would rather have an eternity of mid table finishes with a team of nice guys playing good, entertaining football, than trophies with a bunch of cunts playing park-the-bus ball.

I may soon join the Levy-out brigade.

I would rather Troy Deeney then a washed up past it Costa, dont get me wrong i would have nothing against signing the same Costa when he was last in the PL, but not the mess he is now. By the way i really hope we dont sign fucking Troy Deeny either !

If we're hell-bent on signing one of the ugliest men in the game, can we please at least get someone capable of outrunning a snail.

At this point in his career would probably not be worth it - something likely 10 league goals in his last three seasons I think which is a poor return.

Not sure that's worth spending in excess of 100K per week in wages although could be a useful squad player and a real shithouse

If we're basing it on per minutes in the league over the last few seasons:

2019/20:
Had a hand in 9 goals in 14 games

2018/19:
Had a hand in 4 goals in 12 games

2017/18:
Had a hand in 7 goals in 12 games

2016/17:
Had a hand in 28 goals in 34 games

And he's missed 32 games through injury over the last 2 and a half seasons.....

Mourinho does absolutely love him though.

I don’t want my team to be full of arseholes I hated on other teams.

No thank you to Costa, he’s way past it anyway and he’ll demand high wages. We should be looking for young players with potential who are a bit older than Parrot.

he's available on a free now. this seems ominous. not a fan, Only time I liked him was when Moose had his fingers in his eye sockets. but he's aggressive and proven, which Jose likes.

he's available on a free now. this seems ominous. not a fan, Only time I liked him was when Moose had his fingers in his eye sockets. but he's aggressive and proven, which Jose likes.
And might give Harry the occasional rest which would be good

For the record I couldn’t stand him either

Back
Top Bottom