Has the squad improved since last season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has the squad improved since last season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Had a lot of arguments with you before but Danoir Danoir you are a competent cunt with good back up. Hard to disagree with you recent posts much as I may try.

I used to think you, sammy , ArcspacE ArcspacE etc hurt the forum when I first began by being so in your face. Now I think you and the others at least question why I think the way I think, keep it up you barstards. This is a serious post by the way. over at SC people are finally waking up to the fact the mods are cunts and the ITK is shit. It's like North Korea over there, never question Levy, the club, the board etc. It's amazing, go over there they are finally disagreeing.

Spurs feels like pre- revolutionary Russia as the peasants question what they are told.
Never had a problem with any of those three Tbh. Ok, the odd tiff with Sammy, but that's ok. I'm his biggest fan now. To other people - yeah, yeah, yeah. But it's true.

Had a lot of arguments with you before but Danoir Danoir you are a competent cunt with good back up. Hard to disagree with you recent posts much as I may try.

I used to think you, sammy , ArcspacE ArcspacE etc hurt the forum when I first began by being so in your face. Now I think you and the others at least question why I think the way I think, keep it up you barstards. This is a serious post by the way. over at SC people are finally waking up to the fact the mods are cunts and the ITK is shit. It's like North Korea over there, never question Levy, the club, the board etc. It's amazing, go over there they are finally disagreeing.

Spurs feels like pre- revolutionary Russia as the peasants question what they are told.

Never had a problem with any of those three Tbh. Ok, the odd tiff with Sammy, but that's ok. I'm his biggest fan now. To other people - yeah, yeah, yeah. But it's true.

Although I'm a bit surprised about the company in which I'm mentioned, I appreciate the rest.
You're alright cunts as well :fingers:

Yes, we've massively improved the backline and added a couple of speedy wingers that we've been lacking.

Our failure in the window wasn't who we signed but who we didn't sign. If Kane gets a long term injury it could cripple our season. Without Kane we will be mid-table. Not because the rest of our squad is bad but just because removing such an important player at such an important position would be devastating. Lloris is our best player but Kane is our most important. Now we have no back up for him, that is terrifying.

With the players we have I think we'll have a comparable Premier League finish, but that's not to say we don't have a better team. I think that once we actually start to win we can finish 5th strongly and not just rely on Liverpool losing at the very end.

However, I think that due to squad depth we're probably going to be disappointed with our cup runs and in Europe.

Yes, we've massively improved the backline and added a couple of speedy wingers that we've been lacking.

Our failure in the window wasn't who we signed but who we didn't sign. If Kane gets a long term injury it could cripple our season. Without Kane we will be mid-table. Not because the rest of our squad is bad but just because removing such an important player at such an important position would be devastating. Lloris is our best player but Kane is our most important. Now we have no back up for him, that is terrifying.
Why are you so convinced that Son is a worse striker than Soldado? At this point I really can't conceive of the idea that 'worse than Soldado' actually makes sense

Why are you so convinced that Son is a worse striker than Soldado? At this point I really can't conceive of the idea that 'worse than Soldado' actually makes sense

That's a fair point but I'd rather give Son the chance to succeed by playing him in his preferred position which striker is not.

That's a fair point but I'd rather give Son the chance to succeed by playing him in his preferred position which striker is not.
Fair point too. But we could also play Chadli upfront seeing as we now have three extra wide-men (if you count Son). Are Chadli and Son suited to play upfront alone? Probably not. But once again, Soldado definitely wasnt. People may have wished for a bigger improvement, in fact, I wished for a bigger improvement. Still though, I can't understand why people debate the fact that there has been an improvement.

Fair point too. But we could also play Chadli upfront seeing as we now have three extra wide-men (if you count Son). Are Chadli and Son suited to play upfront alone? Probably not. But once again, Soldado definitely wasnt. People may have wished for a bigger improvement, in fact, I wished for a bigger improvement. Still though, I can't understand why people debate the fact that there has been an improvement.

I said that I did think improved in the players we brought in we're just extremely light at two spots, CF and CDM. An injury in either spot could derail our whole season. That's not really the position you want to be in.

We bought well, it just hurts that we didn't buy in spots that we clearly knew all summer we needed players in.

I said that I did think improved in the players we brought in we're just extremely light at two spots, CF and CDM. An injury in either spot could derail our whole season. That's not really the position you want to be in.

We bought well, it just hurts that we didn't buy in spots that we clearly knew all summer we needed players in.
It seems like we agree then. The squad has improved but we wish it had improved more

Hard to tell I haven't seen 4 out the 5 'ins' play for us yet. It's definitely smaller though.

I agree. How does anyone know. We have a history of selling dross, only to replace them with more dross. Why are people presuming the players we have bought aren't dross ?

It seems like we agree then. The squad has improved but we wish it had improved more

It's tough because I respect the club for not panic buying but at the same time I don't think its panic buying if you only have one striker. Even if it isn't some amazing player it is just called buying depth. But Pochettino appears to have been right about Dier at CDM and Son, Chadli or N'Jie could very well be fine up top. It just makes me nervous to have one out and out striker at the club. Doesn't seem like a club as wealthy and big as Tottenham should be in a spot like this.

I believe we have a better squad. Both players and coach are a year wiser, lesser players discarded and with a few new additions we should march on.

We will all certainly know by May?

our strongest starting 11 when all fit has probably been improved but our actual squad depth is weaker now I think, considering all the competitions we hope to be competing in , I don't think we are strong enough, and that's not just up top either

Massively improved? Sorry but only the wings have improved that too considering either of son or Nj settle in quickly... and the CDM,LB,RB bench, second striker all these positions havent improved at all

Back
Top Bottom