Has the club tarnished its own reputation

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the first time in all the years I've supported the club, I cant help but feeling the club has smudged shit all over the badge. If you were a top class manager being approached by the club, there aren't many things that would draw me to the job right now - given the track record of getting through so many coaches, backroom staff and players over the years.

In a sense we're victims of our own demise, because when levy looks over at the stands and there are 100's of Tottenham fans running for the exits with 15-20 minutes to go week after week, he must get pressured to make decisions and top of that you get Tottenham fans boo'ing their own players..
The place doesn't have a sense of passion or drive for success as much as it did a few years ago rather now where its a stadium full of fickle fans

thoughts on this?

Firing Jol was the wrong move, firing Harry was the wrong move, firing AVB was the wrong move. Sometimes you have a bad season, that shit happens it doesn't mean you need to get shot of the manager. Relegation is one thing and consistently finishing outside of european places but these days afew bad results and Levy is polishing off the sniper rifle. He has made us a joke of a football club but a super duper profit turning business.

Tarnished? No. Validated, again? Yes.

Spot on. A Gooner I work with said he was proud of how that club was run. They invested in players at the start of the PL era, they moved into a self-financing 60,000 seat stadium and have had CL football for the past 14-ish years.

We, on the other hand, fire successful managers - Burkinshaw, push out loyal players - Jennings (who went on to play a further 8 years at top level), REGULARLY sell our best players just for profi - Carrick, Berba, Modders, Bale, have close to a revolving door of manages - I will not name them as many make me sick up in my own mouth and STILL have a 36,000 stadium. Oh, did I mention trying to move the club to Stratford?
Levy loved his tough-guy negotiator rep but should return to his retail roots and let someone who knows a bit about football run and not ruin our club.

Unless we are in our rightful place at the top of the league and reaching the QFs at least of the champions league I will continue to leave 15 mins early so I can beat the traffic and phone 606 to complain about what I have just witnessed with my own mince pies.

Not that long ago our strikers were running around a bit more and our left wingers played on the left like they should.

Football supporters know everything. Managers know nothing.

So I say we don't need a manager. Put the person with the most loyalty points in charge of picking the team I say and we will soon be doing the double again.

For the first time in all the years I've supported the club, I cant help but feeling the club has smudged shit all over the badge. If you were a top class manager being approached by the club, there aren't many things that would draw me to the job right now - given the track record of getting through so many coaches, backroom staff and players over the years.

In a sense we're victims of our own demise, because when levy looks over at the stands and there are 100's of Tottenham fans running for the exits with 15-20 minutes to go week after week, he must get pressured to make decisions and top of that you get Tottenham fans boo'ing their own players..
The place doesn't have a sense of passion or drive for success as much as it did a few years ago rather now where its a stadium full of fickle fans

thoughts on this?

To look at it from another perspective, you could say we expect the manager to be fired when things start to go a bit wrong, because that's what always happens! Not many of us would have considered approaching Ramos when Levy did, for instance. And Levy sets our expectations to be high, then fails to put his money where his mouth is, failing to buy a striker two years in a row when either time it would have almost certainly assured CL.

I can't stand people leaving early and I'm not one for abusing individual players unless they're not trying- I may say something to people around me but never so loud that the players can hear, like I say the only exception is people like Ghaly, Adebayor etc when they disrespect the club. And I never boo, if I am unhappy at the end I just won't clap. However, I think the fans are right to be upset about how things have turned out this season, considering where we were placed at the end of last season. A lot of questions need answering, I'm not saying it's all AVB's fault by any means but there is a lot wrong at the club at the moment.

Btw- I am aware that for all Levy's many faults, it could be worse, look at Leeds, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Hull etc and their chairmen.

The only sacking in previous years that was the right move was Santini and Ramos. Redknapp although wrong on footballing reasons there was some logic to it though Levy had to get this appointment right to vindicate it... Which he hasn't. I suppose we had to look like muppets at least once this decade.

The only sacking in previous years that was the right move was Santini and Ramos. Redknapp although wrong on footballing reasons there was some logic to it though Levy had to get this appointment right to vindicate it... Which he hasn't. I suppose we had to look like muppets at least once this decade.
I thought Santini lost it and walked out?

Back
Top Bottom