Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was in the lower West stand that night with three school mates. Right at the end one of them started singing 'blow the fucking whistle'. Then the rest of us sang it. Then within seconds the whole crowd was singing it, putting a fuck ton of pressure on your mate's dad to blow his whistle.
I was in front of the shelf, the relief at the final whistle was palatable!

I must be a stupid optimist, I will criticise the team and the manager but every game I go into with the expectation (not just hope, but expectation) that this time we’ll do great....
I’m especially excited about the game tonight. I know, hopeless case.

giphy.gif

This thread is just weird. We are 6th in the league and if we win our 2 games in hand we will be 1 point off 4th. Some posts on here make it seem like we are 18th.

It wasn't so long ago that the entire world was laughing at Woolwich and their suicidal fans then they went and beat Chelsea. Just calm down and save the meltdowns for after the game.

I am always excited to watch Tottenham and I don't understand any Tottenham fan who isn't.
Each to their own. I didn't find the Brighton match exciting at all. Makes me sleepy watching us.

This thread is just weird. We are 6th in the league and if we win our 2 games in hand we will be 1 point off 4th. Some posts on here make it seem like we are 18th.

It wasn't so long ago that the entire world was laughing at Woolwich and their suicidal fans then they went and beat Chelsea. Just calm down and save the meltdowns for after the game.

I am always excited to watch Tottenham and I don't understand any Tottenham fan who isn't.

He made the thread in July 2019!! I don’t think he was talking about this week and current events.

Unless he’s the new Nostradamus.......in which case.....

tenor.gif

Poch was probably a victim of his own success. Unhappy fans after another top 4 & only CL runners up. Playing injured kane FFS!
Fast forward & most would snatch your hand off at just scrapping 4th & nothing else.
Always have to chuckle at the notion that Poch achieved massive success in the same season the club owners and squad failed massively and underachieved.

“It was our biggest achievement in decades sack the board”

Saw us play them at the Lane in the League Cup a number of years back. Was in the Park Lane and they were one of the most enthusiastic bunch of fans I'd heard. The cunts who have had control of them in recent times completely fucked them over. Bless 'em indeed.
They finally got rid of the nonce who was bleeding them dry didn't they?

I agree the application of VAR hasn't been perfect, but it's not that simple.
Let's say we concede, and upon VAR, the lines are drawn, and the attacking player is marginally offside (ie his head is offside). What are VAR officials meant to do at that point? Let the goal stand even though they know it's the wrong decision? We'd all be furious.

VAR has meant that I, and many others I know, hesitate to celebrate immediately when a goal goes in. That's what makes football special, it's not a sport like basketball where points are being scored all the time, it's about utter euphoria when a goal is scored.

The City CL VAR overturn is one of my favourite sporting moments in recent times; but it's now starting to ruin every single match for me.
The problem is: the standard of officiating is still not great, and TV cameras have many angles and slow-motion. This means that many goals are starting to be correctly overturned (offsides, foul in build up etc.) But this means many fans are rationally weary there's a significant probability that any goal could be overturned.

Yes it is as simple as that; if the line is drawn and an attacking players head, hand or foot is off-side its close enough to give the advantage to the attacking side ie it’s tight enough to give onside; a simple rule change!

Extending it to half a bodies width just creates the problem- who says what is half and what’s a third?

Back
Top Bottom