Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dave Chappelle Help GIF

With Sarr not coming until next summer; this could be a risk unless we plan to sign another defensive mid Jan.

We play at our best with both Holjberg and Skipp in midfield. Both are good tacklers and can read the game well; with Holjberg suited to venture forward into the opposition half.

Clearly they cannot play every game - which leaves us with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele and Winks to fill in for them.

Ndombele is a clear NO in that position. Lo Celso gets injured putting on his boots and Dele would be a square peg in a round hole.

Who would have thought Mourinho wants to reunion with Winks?

:mourshock:

With Sarr not coming until next summer; this could be a risk unless we plan to sign another defensive mid Jan.

We play at our best with both Holjberg and Skipp in midfield. Both are good tacklers and can read the game well; with Holjberg suited to venture forward into the opposition half.

Clearly they cannot play every game - which leaves us with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele and Winks to fill in for them.

Ndombele is a clear NO in that position. Lo Celso gets injured putting on his boots and Dele would be a square peg in a round hole.
Playing Winks is more often than not is like playing 10 men against 12 men. So rather playing 10 against 11 men.

Actually on second thought, however bad NDombele can be, get an hour out of him would at least amount to half player. So I would take 10.5 men over Winks option.

We need to be brutal with the deadwood now.
It's the only way we can crawl out of the epic slump this club is in.

Winks.
Davies.
Doherty.
All need to go ASAP.
Dele
Dier
Sanchez
Once replacements bought and bedded in.
TND
Moura
Need upgrading
GLC

Can't keep these guys around long term as they don't offer enough regularly enough. Doesn't matter if "they can do a job" because they can't. They play well less often than they play badly, so how can they do a job when gradually their chances are going to keep reducing as we add new players in the next few windows?

We need to be brutal with the deadwood now.
It's the only way we can crawl out of the epic slump this club is in.

Winks.
Davies.
Doherty.
All need to go ASAP.
Dele
Dier
Sanchez
Once replacements bought and bedded in.
TND
Moura
Need upgrading
GLC

Can't keep these guys around long term as they don't offer enough regularly enough. Doesn't matter if "they can do a job" because they can't. They play well less often than they play badly, so how can they do a job when gradually their chances are going to keep reducing as we add new players in the next few windows?
Good luck flogging all those in a single window.

I didn't say we could. But we won't ever get rid unless we start actively showing them the door.
Knowing levy, he'll start dishing out new contracts soon so we don't "lose" them on a free.
We all know how transfer discussions with Winks and Levy will go...

Levy "Harry, we feel it would benefit you to move on, you'll not get any game time here"
Winks "Ok boss, reluctantly I agree to move. Can I tell the papers that Nuno kicked a puppy to death"
Levy "Sure, leak away. And we'll do everything we can to get you a move. Just as soon as someone breaks the transfer record for you"

We all know how transfer discussions with Winks and Levy will go...

Levy "Harry, we feel it would benefit you to move on, you'll not get any game time here"
Winks "Ok boss, reluctantly I agree to move. Can I tell the papers that Nuno kicked a puppy to death"
Levy "Sure, leak away. And we'll do everything we can to get you a move. Just as soon as someone breaks the transfer record for you"

Or in an alternative universe, Harry agrees it's time to move on and Levy accepts bids from Brentford, Norwich, Newcastle, Fulham, Palace, Villa and Wolves. But Harry wants to hold out for a top 4-6 team.

Or in an alternative universe, Harry agrees it's time to move on and Levy accepts bids from Brentford, Norwich, Newcastle, Fulham, Palace, Villa and Wolves. But Harry wants to hold out for a top 4-6 team.

In Div1

Back
Top Bottom