Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We could try just pushing them out a window?
I
A report on how well some of the players that left recently are doing. Yes many took a drop in the level of team they went to but even Aurier and Rose have got a new club. Trippier is another that everyone slated on here and just wanted out but is linked with a move to MU. The overall story is that they are doing well.
I do not get this obsession on rubbishing players and wanting them out. Winks is not in the first 11 but is adequate in playing in the Conference to rest others. Why push Davies out for Sess. If Nuno wants to play Sess, he plays him and if good enough then he stays in the team although I have seen nothing to suggest he is better than Davies.
We will not be a better team just by getting rid of players that comes from buying better ones and January is never a good time to do that. Lets concentrate on the positive and bringing in better players. I very much doubt that we will get a Kane replacement in January and however bad he plays he stays until the summer and we see if any club is still interested.
why not bin Winks and promote a young player who may or may not be good enough to progress into a PL player? The Conf league is a great opportunity to give a chance to young, promising players - not turds like Winks. Watch his ‘highlights’ from last Thursday, atrocious

If we dont sack the manager anytime soon, then thats okay. Nuno has figured out Winks and stopped playing him in PL games. But if we sack the manager, then Winks is back in the reckoning and the new manager will end up playing him a few PL games and then realise how bad he is. Which is why its better to get rid of players who are not good for us in PL games. (especially in the centrer of midfield).

Now why would a player such as Winks or Dele run to the media or Levy to have the manager fired? Not that there is any evidence of that. It's all just a co-incidence at Clean Slate FC.

Now any sort of real manager will have to walk a tight line between keeping a player (and subsequently their gobby agent) happy and winning games. If we didn't have the ECL it would be even more toxic in the dressing room.

Or Levy could lower his 40M valuation of bench warmers so they can go elsewhere to revive their careers. This is why Conte was just ST renewal bait. It's a shame Gattuso said dumb things on twitter a decade ago because neither would stand for this crap.

We are all Danny Rose right now.

EhpO9yCWoAUeVOn.jpg

Winks at most would cost around 15 to 20 mil

Kane should go around 70 to 80 million.

Close 100 million sounds about right.

Should have sold him already for 125mil....:nunofacepalm:

Levy........

Winks at most would cost around 15 to 20 mil

Kane should go around 70 to 80 million.

Close 100 million sounds about right.

Should have sold him already for 125mil....:nunofacepalm:

Levy........

If we lose Kane & Winks at the same time though .. we're looking uncomfortable with regards to home grown rules aren't we?

If we lose Kane & Winks at the same time though .. we're looking uncomfortable with regards to home grown rules aren't we?

I think there is home grown and club trained. Skippy would take up one and Sess would be another if he is still a footballer these days.

I'd rather see somebody from the academy in for Winks. John perhaps. But I think up until a certain age they dont count for home grown either.

I think there is home grown and club trained. Skippy would take up one and Sess would be another if he is still a footballer these days.

I'd rather see somebody from the academy in for Winks. John perhaps. But I think up until a certain age they dont count for home grown either.
I think Skipp only counts as HG from next season

Back
Top Bottom