Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don’t remember him bossing it at the Bernabau? When he was playing alongside Dembele when he first broke through he looked fucking brilliant. He’s trailed off since then and now I really don’t think he suits Jose’s style at all.

Like I said, I think we should get rid too but I can definitely see him being picked up by a mid table team who plays attractive football and doing well.
OMG this is exactly what we took the piss out of gooners for when they used to say "yeah but member Walcotts game against Barca".

One decent game in a sea of shit is just that, one game.

You don’t remember him bossing it at the Bernabau? When he was playing alongside Dembele when he first broke through he looked fucking brilliant. He’s trailed off since then and now I really don’t think he suits Jose’s style at all.

Like I said, I think we should get rid too but I can definitely see him being picked up by a mid table team who plays attractive football and doing well.
Genuine question: was that before or after the freak accident ankle break at Burnley?

Apparently he's played through pain following that injury. Has he ever been the same player?

I'm starting to resent and dislike the guy, which is a shame since he came up through the youth team but he's absolutely shit and has no discernible attributes. Whatever did Poch see that he thought was worth preserving with? Or was it some kind of ego trip to try and make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Skipp, Devine... You can see the talent, but with Winks it's never been there.

Best all around if he's sold in the Summer.
He doesn´t seem to feel the game when it gets tough.

He came in today after everybody else has played 90 minutes, and yet he always late in relation to others, always slow to react and affect things.

Also, his decision making was not there - once again.

I'm starting to resent and dislike the guy, which is a shame since he came up through the youth team but he's absolutely shit and has no discernible attributes. Whatever did Poch see that he thought was worth preserving with? Or was it some kind of ego trip to try and make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Skipp, Devine... You can see the talent, but with Winks it's never been there.

Best all around if he's sold in the Summer.
You've just got to stop yourself for a moment when fucking up on the pitch makes you viscerally angry at a player. Happens to the best of us - but Winks doesn't deserve any actual hate.

His time will be up when other, younger youth academy products start getting ahead of him in the pecking order (regardless of exact playing position TBH because the balance of home grown talent will tailor where we can spend money on foreign acquisitions). Skipp will push ahead the moment he returns and I wouldn't be shocked to see White and Scarlett follow quickly.

Playing along as Mousa even Dier looked decent.

I don't think it's really up for debate anymore is it. It's time for him to go. To swap him with the quality of ndombele and expect similar control in midfield is fucking insane.
Even on empty they are million miles better. sissoko might be more useful in the middle if n'dombele had to go off, you cannot play him wide. I do think Jose just lost the plot a bit at the end of normal time with his subs.

OMG this is exactly what we took the piss out of gooners for when they used to say "yeah but member Walcotts game against Barca".

One decent game in a sea of shit is just that, one game.
Can you not read? I’m clearly saying we should still get rid of him but that he was good that season. I’m just criticising the people who attack players as people if they don’t think they’re very good at football.

Back
Top Bottom