Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is not perfect, but I really love the effort and commitment he brings. Huge moment for him and us tonight.

I do think he is better when he has a more defensive and physically imposing partner next to him. The Winks/Dier combo will have to be the going mix for now. Although I worry about Winks' body breaking down next at this rate.

He's been getting forward a lot more over the last two weeks and it's clear he's gone up a level.

Before, his instructions by Poch were clearly to sit, take the ball from his defenders and give it to Eriksen or Sissoko to advance the ball forward but ever since the United game, it's clear he has been allowed licence to get forward. I think that'll only be good for him as a player.

He was excellent against Man Utd last week and he was brilliant again today I thought, especially on the ball. Icing on the cake was the winning goal which is reward for him coming in and doing a job this season.

Just seen a stat that in the last two games he's made 3 interceptions and won 6 of the 7 tackles he's attempted. Which is brilliant from a player who's had that side of his game criticised. If he keeps improving the weaknesses in his game, which he has done ever since he came into the team, he'll be so useful for us.

The boy gets it

_105259025_winks_reuters.jpg

Are we selling Kane?

I really hope not! But if we're honest it's possible at some point in the future as he's properly world class

More a personal preference that I see captains at centre half/central mid where they can be most effective. Actually think it could raise a player like Winks to another level whereas Kane already carries a fairly substantial burden with us and England

Back
Top Bottom