You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Harry Winks

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by ChuckleShuffle, 28 Nov 2014.

1. Totti

If Winks isn't playing for Watford or similar in 2 years would you chew a shot gun and pull the trigger?

• Disagree x 2
  2. Guido

• Like x 3
  3. Park Lane Mark Twain

Fair play if this is what you think but I think writing about him like this when he's a 22 year old really cuts him short. I agree he passes it backwards and sideways a lot but we needs a little more time and his last few games where you can see he's being encouraged to get forward more is such a relief to me.

I've said numerous times that I need to see him take more responsibility with an attacking verve required, be it a dangerous forward pass, a give and go or a late run into the box. I really hope the goal gives him confidence in doing so and Pochettinos comments about the coaching staff in recent weeks noticing he needs to add this bit of bite to take his game to the next level pleases me.

He's a great little academy product, seems like he's truly honoured to play for the club and really wants to learn and get better. He's taken big steps over the last month or so, let see just see how he keeps progressing before writing the boy off. I hope and think he will start growing into a man who believes more

• Like x 1
  4. Guido

If ever we needed an endorsement on a player to prove just how good he is, just ask good ole I8AVBI8AVB the legendary talent spotter. Fuck Off you pratt!
    URL="Player - Harry Kane"]Harry Kane[/URL]
    :harrysmile:

• Funny x 10
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  5. TWO2HEY

I8I8AVB

• Funny x 9
    • Agree x 1
  6. Totti

Ouch. How embarrassing.

• Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
  7. adasai

#1927 adasai, 22 Jan 2019
    Last edited: 22 Jan 2019
    I also dont think he is as good as some think he is. But he was much better against Fulham. . Long may it continue. Used to find Sissoko a piece of lard too and hes changed my view of him. Winks is younger, so got time to keep improving.

As long as he doesnt take shooting lessons from Sissoko. (Someone will point out the goal, but thats a 2 yard goal compared to his usual long range ones which have a heat seeeking missile pointed towards the corner flag).

8. bus-conductor

Forward passes:

Eriksen 17
    Lamela 11
    Alli 9

Winks 43

I would need to check this properly, but I'm not sure anyone has made more forward passes in a game for us than that this season. And Every game Winks plays he seems to pass the ball forwards more than anyone.

I8AVBI8AVB
    Your car's fucking shit.

• Funny x 8
    • Agree x 2
  9. LowNetSpend

Having read the title, the rest of it was an immediate and massive anti-climax.

• Funny x 1
  10. ArtyB

• Like x 6
  11. auspur

This is quite literally the worst ever post on any forum I've ever seen.

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
  12. adasai

Thats not fair. Some years ago I said something similar about Ryan Mason being shite and will be playing in a bottom half club within a couple of years. People were obsessed with 'yoof' and shouted out all sorts of nonsense about how I was wrong. Turns out he did end up at Hull and got relegated. But I still see those idiots posting here and they havent pulled a trigger in their mouths yet! If anyone is having people they dont agree with pull triggers in their mouths when they are wrong, you will have to get in a queue.

Not that Winks is as shit as Mason.

13. Spursdem

Excellent again today. He and Rose our best players.

Really stepping up and being counted this season.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  14. The Yinzer

Loved Ryan Mason. Dont give a fuck. That guy was Spurs down to the molecular level. I see the same thing with Winks. I'd much prefer them over some mercenary regardless of who is more technically gifted.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  15. Park Lane Mark Twain

Pretty happy knowing Skipp will probably make the grade as well. Nice, tidy footballers in the middle of the park to let the creative and attacking ones do their thing

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  16. adasai

That is fine. Just a lot of Ryan Mason in the team would lead us to where Ryan Mason ended up ...a bottom of the table team.

• Agree x 3
  17. Fidel Castro

No thieves ,no traitors, no interventionists

Well l hope the big bad wolf doesn't come and blow your house of straw down.
    I think a balance is required and football is a mercenary cunt game so maybe lawn bowls should be your thing.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  18. The Yinzer

Dont disagree with that at all actually. It is about balance for me. The best sides---and certainly the most enjoyable sides---include hard working muckers who play for the badge. Ryan Mason wasn't "shite". He was a fun player to get behind, who did a job. I'd prefer to watch a team with one Ryan Mason, than no Ryan Mason at all.

Not going to lie, I don't understand half of your post. But I do agree balance is needed. That's why I took exception to the shitting on Ryan Mason.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  19. adasai

I didnt mean he was 'shite' shite. Obviously a better footballer than me or you. Just not good enough for spurs shite. Personally I was thankful we changed to Dier and Dembele in midfield the season after the Mason+Bentaleb fiasco.

Almost every single one of our players are playing for the badge anyway. Even ones we would think are not trying like Llorente is probably doing his all but just isnt good enough. But like Mason, Id say he isnt good enough for spurs 'shite'. Wouldnt call anyone we have a mercenary. They all seem to be good guys.

20. mouse

Its interesting how being "honest" or "not being afraid to speak your mind" is now a synonym for talking absolute unsubstantiated drivel.

• Agree x 3
    • Funny x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info