Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think he was that bad, not worthy of comment. He was steady and didn’t make any real mistakes.

No matter who we select we do not come close to the quality of City. We need them to play badly and they didn’t.

Are you kidding?
He tried maybe 2 or 3 more ambitious balls than 4 meter back pass.

And screwed all of them up.
One was to Aurier, it first went 15 meters up in air without any pace, allowing City players to arrive to dropping point but at the end it did not even drop enough that Aurier could even keep it in play. I remember one other instance when he tried to pass it to other wing and also screwed this up.

I would rather say that he did anything notably good / positive movements.

As poor as he was, Lo Celso wasn't much better. It's about time he was called out more for bang average performances.
He has been but shows the odd glimmer of class like Tanguay

Just not enough and I wish he’d stop falling over on his arse so much

Along with Sissoko he's a player that needs shipping out for the good of the team quality. I'd be shocked if Ten Hag came in and thought he could turn him around. To be fair to Winks himself his career needs reinvigorating now by playing week in and week out, and he's not going to get that here.

I wonder how much that freak ankle injury against Burnley fucked his career up. Guess we'll never know for sure.

Levy would want £25 million each

:levystare:
Funnily enough I was talking to my mate about this earlier. We could shift the deadwood no problem,but, we won't due to mr ego trying to squeeze too much money for an average player. Take 10m for sisokko 15m if you can get it for winks and you can get a player that will do a better job than those two combined for that fee. You just have to spend it wisely.

I wonder if the imminent return of Skipp will have any effect on Winks position. Surely Skipp will automatically supercede him.
The best thing for Skipp is if we get rid of Winks. If he sees him jogging around limply in front of the back 4 doing fuck all he'll probably end up thinking that's a cushy life i might as well get paid to do that.

Funnily enough I was talking to my mate about this earlier. We could shift the deadwood no problem,but, we won't due to mr ego trying to squeeze too much money for an average player. Take 10m for sisokko 15m if you can get it for winks and you can get a player that will do a better job than those two combined for that fee. You just have to spend it wisely.
I was half joking

£20 million for both and I’d throw in Rose !

The best thing for Skipp is if we get rid of Winks. If he sees him jogging around limply in front of the back 4 doing fuck all he'll probably end up thinking that's a cushy life i might as well get paid to do that.
Different players

Skippy likes to get stuck in and cares

Shitsoko is on half a million a month, no club that owns a TV/iPad will pay him that let alone 10M upfront too. Deluded

Back
Top Bottom