Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's neither world class(or anywhere near that level) nor championship level player.

He could make an excellent 4th/5th choice CM for any top team in EU.

We need another CM with world class potential to partner Ndombele in midfield if we have any ambitions of winning the biggest trophies.

Winks and Sissoko should be nothing more than squad players unless we're happy finishing 4th/5th and winning SFA.

He's neither world class(or anywhere near that level) nor championship level player.

He could make an excellent 4th/5th choice CM for any top team in EU.

We need another CM with world class potential to partner Ndombele in midfield if we have any ambitions of winning the biggest trophies.

Winks and Sissoko should be nothing more than squad players unless we're happy finishing 4th/5th and winning SFA.

Liverpool just won the Champions League with absolutely no one near the level of world class playing in their central midfield.

How on earth does that work?

He looked like he was hobbling during the Villa game. Whatever about his ability, I think we have to accept that he is injury-prone, so it is probably best not to start making all sorts of plans for him.

It was the tackle body feint move that mad the crowd go "ahhh". His right ankle I believe got caught in the turf as he attempted to get up with his slides momentum. If you watch it he doesn't realize he twisted it until the feint is over and he has moved the ball on. I believe he was taken off due to the injury and Poch wanting to get ice on it ASAP.

It was the tackle body feint move that mad the crowd go "ahhh". His right ankle I believe got caught in the turf as he attempted to get up with his slides momentum. If you watch it he doesn't realize he twisted it until the feint is over and he has moved the ball on. I believe he was taken off due to the injury and Poch wanting to get ice on it ASAP.

I thought it was the collision with McGinn?

Those idiots that go ''so and so went off and we scored therefore so and so is shit'' are the most idiotic fans.

I once saw a Barca game where Messi went off injured early in the second half when they were drawing and they ended up winning 4-1.

Absolutely moronic thought processes.

He looked like he was hobbling during the Villa game. Whatever about his ability, I think we have to accept that he is injury-prone, so it is probably best not to start making all sorts of plans for him.

Looked like he hurt himself in that slide tackle or do you mean before that?

I thought it was the collision with McGinn?

It's his right peg on his rebound. It gets caught. He immediately grabbed it after the release and was missing for a while after that. I was pissed cause you could tell he was mentally on his injury history and just wanting to run it off. Which he did, but think it was precautionary to take him off.

Great clip actually cause you see him grab it and then his facial anguish as he is taking those deep held breaths to release some of the pain

Last edited:
Just shows an ethos and fitness go a long way. Not scrubs by any means, but Jordan, Wiljandum, and Milner is far less sexy than what we have and have had imo.

...None of which are so-called "world class" either.

Nor are Fabinho, Oxlaide-Chaimberlain or Lallana for that matter.

This clamour by some for nothing, but world class players throughout our first XI is naive and fantastical.

...None of which are so-called "world class" either.

Nor are Fabinho and Oxlaide-Chaimberlain for that matter.

This clamour by some for nothing, but world class players throughout our first XI is naive and fantastical.

Jordan-Pippen and a bunch of role players. Championships need stars, which we have, and then a roster willing to play their role. Klopp has done a great job of getting his roster to buy into that concept. I think we are their too, but the mental side of the game is where we need to improve. Too many lost points last season because of our mentality

That sliding tackle by winks is something that you love a defender to do. Is Winks wasted in midfield?

His positioning meant it wasn't that difficult of a challenge to make tbf.

Bit of a stretch to suggest he ought to be a defender by trade on the basis of one hollywood slide tackle...

We won loads of games without Harry Kane last season. So by your twisted logic, he should never play again, right?
Dont talk about logic by giving an illogical example. By my logic Harry Kane wasnt out best player of the season, Son rightly was picked ahead of him.

In a game where others had made are lot more positive contributions to the win, picking Winks as Motm is stupid because we were losing with him and won big without.

Back
Top Bottom