Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lewa seems unimpressed...

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1bflitn/lewandowski_on_if_harry_kane_will_surpass_his/

...HK's got a ways to go to even eclipse his 41 now...that is, unless he can start pummeling teams as if they are last day Leicester.

In fairness, Kane spends half of his time miles away from the penalty area. Whereas Lewandowski spends as much time inside or just outside of it. They are completely different types of strikers with completely different strengths to each other, other than being top finishers. Not to mention RL never played in as average a Bayern side as this one under Tuchel.

In fairness, Kane spends half of his time miles away from the penalty area. Whereas Lewandowski spends as much time inside or just outside of it. They are completely different types of strikers with completely different strengths to each other, other than being top finishers. Not to mention RL never played in as average a Bayern side as this one under Tuchel.
A whole lot of points...thing is, to most on here all that matters is how many did they bag...everything else after that is apology. I'd LOVE conversations being more than shiny objects but that's not how it works. The rest of this stuff if only brought up when he's not attaining a particular outcome.

And this is not my argument. I'm posting it as I believe it is of interest when the player he's chasing speaks up about potentially losing their record.

but it seems I just got a PM so he may ahve just scored...

As Kane proves, with an assist.

Kane is a hybrid between a 9 and a 10. The fact he scores so many is remarkable.

As Kane proves, with an assist.

Kane is a hybrid between a 9 and a 10. The fact he scores so many is remarkable.

Yeah. Lewandowski is an out and out number 9. Kane is a 9/10 hybrid as you say. It's a bit nonsensical to compare their records really, and if anything Kane deserves so much credit for even getting close to his stats all things considered. Imagine Kane's stats if he had Robbery and Ribbery to either side of him and not Sane and Coman, who aren't on the same level.

No need to get testy, Deuterz...jeeez!

Ok, work with me D...where did Bayern finish last season? Where did we finish last season while HK score 30? Have those situations flipped?

Harry Kane is responsible for Bayer Leverkusen getting much, much better and being unbeaten.

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Harry Kane is responsible for Bayer Leverkusen getting much, much better and being unbeaten.

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF
You have gone on and on about all his abilities...why would you want to limit them now? His talent is limitless I'm told.

We've gotten better, Leverkusen's gotten better, and Bayern's gotten worse...warrants deeper examination.

You have gone on and on about all his abilities...why would you want to limit them now? His talent is limitless I'm told.

We've gotten better, Leverkusen's gotten better, and Bayern's gotten worse...warrants deeper examination.

Bayern haven’t gotten worse. They’re on course to finish on more points than last season.

Us getting better is purely because Conte last season turned toxic. The season before we finished fourth. This season we are finishing fourth .. at very best. We’ve added a handful of very good players to replace Kane. When Conte got sacked last season we were in the mix for fourth despite also playing Europe. We then had Mason and Stellini ffs.

Leverkusen getting better has fuck all to do with Kane. They were getting better under Alonso before Kane to Bayern was even a rumour. He had them go from near relegation zone to close to CL spots. Their PPG under Alonso last season was higher than anyone’s, they’ve just maintained that.

They’re on course to finish on more points than last season.
Stop it!
Us getting better is purely because Conte last season turned toxic.
But HK scored all the goals...
The season before we finished fourth.
...when HK didn't score all the goals...thanks for supporting my point...
We’ve added a handful of very good players to replace Kane.
...so we balanced the previously 1 man team and have prospered...
When Conte got sacked last season we were in the mix for fourth despite also playing Europe. We then had Mason and Stellini ffs.
...I got your mix right here...
Leverkusen getting better has fuck all to do with Kane.
...good because it was never my contention...but there is some prick who keeps saying it...
They were getting better under Alonso before Kane to Bayern was even a rumour.
...yeah, but Bayern only got worse after Kane to Bayern...
Their PPG under Alonso last season was higher than anyone’s, they’ve just maintained that.
...got data and sources to support this...and what's happened to Bayern's?

Back
Top Bottom