Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bayern haven’t gotten worse. They’re on course to finish on more points than last season.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Yay good for them, last season's team was better than this one though.

Erm, so they’re gonna finish on more points, achieve at least the same result in Europe and yet last season’s team was better?

Btw I’m including them last season under Tuchel as well. This isn’t Nagelsmann vs Tuchel. I probably agree at this point that sacking him was an error.

But having Kane this season obviously hasn’t made them worse .. no facts support that idea.

Yes, watch football with your eyes mate, not with stats.

That makes sense over a game, but if a team finishes with more points across 30 odd games then they’ve been more effective. You might prefer them before but they were winning less, which is the point.

Bayern without Kane were not better than Bayern with Kane.

That makes sense over a game, but if a team finishes with more points across 30 odd games then they’ve been more effective. You might prefer them before but they were winning less, which is the point.

Bayern without Kane were not better than Bayern with Kane.

Not really, context matters, every season is different, every team's strengths and weaknesses differ every season.

Bayern last season were simply a better team.

Not really, context matters, every season is different, every team's strengths and weaknesses differ every season.

Bayern last season were simply a better team.

I mean you can keep saying it but you’ve got nothing to back up the fact it is true.

Last season they were mostly shit. You realise they won the league on the final day purely because Dortmund are bottlers, right? Said Dortmund being half as good as Leverkusen are this season.

They were shit. They stumbled in to the title due to terrible competition.

I mean you can keep saying it but you’ve got nothing to back up the fact it is true.

Last season they were mostly shit. You realise they won the league on the final day purely because Dortmund are bottlers, right? Said Dortmund being half as good as Leverkusen are this season.

They were shit. They stumbled in to the title due to terrible competition.

The league last season was more competitive throughout hence why the leading teams had less points, this season you have 1 outstanding team in Leverkusen who haven't lost a game yet in any comp then Bayern and then the rest.

Yep. I’ll send it to you.

Bayern’s PPG from Tuchel last season to Tuchel this season is higher. They’re on course for more points this season than last season.
Ok, so last season as he picked up for Nagelsman, his PPG was higher than his PPG this season where he's started from the beginning...AND had HK. And your contention is that Leverkusen being better than last season is the sole reason for Bayern's deficit?

You see how that doesn't play (even using your season-to-season construct), right?

Ok, so last season as he picked up for Nagelsman, his PPG was higher than his PPG this season where he's started from the beginning...AND had HK. And your contention is that Leverkusen being better than last season is the sole reason for Bayern's deficit?

You see how that doesn't play (even using your season-to-season construct), right?

Yes ?????

No ????

Bayern without Kane = 71 points.

Bayern with Kane = more than 71 points.

I rest my case. The rest is just subjectivity.

Yes ?????

No ????

Bayern without Kane = 71 points.

Bayern with Kane = more than 71 points.

I rest my case. The rest is just subjectivity.
So we're talking PPG and now you switch to total points to try and make your point? That's some nonsense you know.

All that matters is with Tuchel they are getting fewer PPG WITH HK than they received WITHOUT HK...again, comparing S2S (which doesn't work for serious analysis but it works for Deuterz's narrative so it's back again).

And he's hurt now anyway becasue he's too selfish to eschew shiny objects for team goals...which is why I was happy to see the back of him in the first place.

Striker in trying to score goals horror show.
Selfishly in a 5 to fucking 2 rout of the cellar dwelling Darmstadt FFS. It is indeed a horror show considering they've got NOTHING to win this season except the CL and now he's hurt himself going for individual glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about striker allows himself to be subbed to rest his aged body so he's ready to perform in the CL KO game? Now THAT would be a shock!

So we're talking PPG and now you switch to total points to try and make your point? That's some nonsense you know.

All that matters is with Tuchel they are getting fewer PPG WITH HK than they received WITHOUT HK...again, comparing S2S (which doesn't work for serious analysis but it works for Deuterz's narrative so it's back again).

And he's hurt now anyway becasue he's too selfish to eschew shiny objects for team goals...which is why I was happy to see the back of him in the first place.

Wrong.

They’re going to finish on less points than they did without Kane last season. I will not be inviting any further discussion as this is an objective fact and not open to more obfuscation.

They will also get further in Europe. So a more successful season all round.

They’re going to finish on less points than they did without Kane last season. I will not be inviting any further discussion as this is an objective fact and not open to more obfuscation.
PPG Deuterz...total points means nothing and that's what the convo started with...now you are changing becuase it doesn't suit your narrative. HK's influence has hurt the team because it's all about him and his SOs.

They will also get further in Europe. So a more successful season all round.
...and Bayern's goal isn't to get further FFS...they didn't spend 100M for some semis...they expect to win the fucking thing and that is what 100M is supposed to do...NOT get you a HT against Darmstadt!!!!!!!

1933.jpg

Hope it was worth it.

You have gone on and on about all his abilities...why would you want to limit them now? His talent is limitless I'm told.

We've gotten better, Leverkusen's gotten better, and Bayern's gotten worse...warrants deeper examination.

Bayern have only got worse because of Tuchel. Half of the squad don't want him there and it shows in their performances a lot of the time. They have been unconvincing in lots of games they've won this season regardless of their points total. I think Nagelsmann was sacked unfairly last season and Tuchel wasn't really universally accepted from the off. Not to mention that his man management skills aren't great and he falls out with players a lot.

Bayern have only got worse because of Tuchel. Half of the squad don't want him there and it shows in their performances a lot of the time. They have been unconvincing in lots of games they've won this season regardless of their points total. I think Nagelsmann was sacked unfairly last season and Tuchel wasn't really universally accepted from the off. Not to mention that his man management skills aren't great and he falls out with players a lot.
I'm only pointing out the correlation...not suggesting causation...but I am structuring my argument to strongly suggest causation just to irritate Deuterz Deuterz because he is a prick...but he's also my dude...so poking at him is fun!

So ignore me...I like HK and wish the very best for him...but I am truly fucking glad that we've chosen to begin a new project (presumably years not months) with more progressive football...and that means/meant he had to move on as his ambitions were short-term and we'd done that nonsense for 4 seasons already.

Back
Top Bottom