Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

*Fails to mention that Kane needed 10,000 shots to get to 250 goals and his teams have won 0 trophies largely because of his inefficiency

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

He's exceeded his xG every season of his career aside from this one, which isn't even nearly finished and he's just started to click in to gear. He also average less shots than legendary strikers like Aguero or Suarez, but you've been told this and just don't care because you're a Sammy clone.

Also, we've won 0 trophies LARGELY because of Harry Kane's inefficiency? You sure you wanna go with that claim? I know your credibility is already fucking zero, but I don't recommend going in to negative numbers.

He's exceeded his xG every season of his career aside from this one
Oh wow!

He's scored +0.8 goals above his xG in 2 of the last 3 seasons and this year he's close to -4 goals under xG.

Wow - he's world class!

which isn't even nearly finished and he's just started to click in to gear.
He's exceeded his xG in 1 of his last 10 games.

He's reallllly clicking into gear!

otSgFAn.jpg

Also, we've won 0 trophies LARGELY because of Harry Kane's inefficiency? You sure you wanna go with that claim? I know your credibility is already fucking zero, but I don't recommend going in to negative numbers.
Yeah my mistake. You're right about that one. He just doesn't even show up for finals/semis. Goes completely MIA.

I think the Leister game, we sort of did play Harry Kane ball but Kane had to take on Sons role so he got a lot of touches in the middle of the field in deeper areas. I actually don’t mind that because I think he could be a good 10.

What I do mind is Kane also taking taking 10 shots, missing 2 big chances. I think he’s very overrated as far as being clinical in front of goal and stats will tell you that he is. In that Leicester game, we should have put that game away 4-1 or 5-1 but it was a struggle to put the game away.

We either need to put Son as striker (he’s much more clinical) or bring in a legit clinical striker to share the shots. We can’t let Kane keep taking 10 shots a game - he’s very inefficient in front of goal.
On the latest ESPN FC podcast, Stewart Robson and Frank LeBoeuf were discussing how Conte got the best out of Lukaku at Inter by building the team around him. Have you heard it?

On the latest ESPN FC podcast, Stewart Robson and Frank LeBoeuf were discussing how Conte got the best out of Lukaku at Inter by building the team around him. Have you heard it?
No I haven't - I'll check it out

I wouldn't be surprised that a coach would get the best out of a player by building a team around that player.

Jose built the team around Kane last season and we had our worst finish in the tables in over 10 years. Building a team around 1 player doesn't necessarily bode well for a team.

If you look at the Serie A standings from last year to this year, their points per game is almost the same.

Oh wow!

He's scored +0.8 goals above his xG in 2 of the last 3 seasons and this year he's close to -4 goals under xG.

Wow - he's world class!

He's exceeded his xG in 1 of his last 10 games.

He's reallllly clicking into gear!

otSgFAn.jpg

Yeah my mistake. You're right about that one. He just doesn't even show up for finals/semis. Goes completely MIA.

Even the analysts who invented xG don't think it's nearly as fucking important as you do. Why even bother watching football when your entire basis of whether a striker is world class or not is whether they exceed their xG metrics.

It's a useful stat in certain situations, but you just use it as your entire basis for rating a player, it's a joke. Let's ignore Kane's world class passing range, hold up play and all round skillset as a striker which sees his peers rave about him, and focus on xG. Which he doesn't even do badly on aside from in the WORST SEASON OF HIS CAREER.

You realise every great striker has had seasons under xG right? Suarez, Lewa, Benzema, Aguero, fucking all of them. More than one mostly. They were still world class, but you wanna treat the outlier as the norm because of some fucked up agenda you have against a player who plays for the club you claim to support.

No I haven't - I'll check it out

I wouldn't be surprised that a coach would get the best out of a player by building a team around that player.

Jose built the team around Kane last season and we had our worst finish in the tables in over 10 years. Building a team around 1 player doesn't necessarily bode well for a team.

If you look at the Serie A standings from last year to this year, their points per game is almost the same.

Because Inzaghi basically copied Conte's setup with some slight tweaks and they signed well. We throwing sly digs at Conte now because he doesn't share your feelings about Kane? Fucking truly pathetic the depths to which you'll sink.

Even the analysts who invented xG don't think it's nearly as fucking important as you do. Why even bother watching football when your entire basis of whether a striker is world class or not is whether they exceed their xG metrics.
It's very convenient to say that Kane isn't getting service when he isn't scoring right?

But what about when he does score? Is he getting service? How many chances is he getting? How many chances is he converting? Correct me if I'm wrong but I these questions are very important for a striker. And these questions can be somewhat answered by xG.

If he's taking 10 shots and converting 1 of 3 big chances in a game - it's not great.

Let's ignore Kane's world class passing range, hold up play and all round skillset as a striker which sees his peers rave about him, and focus on xG. Which he doesn't even do badly on aside from in the WORST SEASON OF HIS CAREER.
Then why don't we do the same for Lucas, Son etc.

Is Lucas world class because he can dribble past players for fun and does a lot of things few can on a regular basis. The knock against him has always been his finishing/end product right?

an58SBG.jpg

You realise every great striker has had seasons under xG right? Suarez, Lewa, Benzema, Aguero, fucking all of them. More than one mostly. They were still world class, but you wanna treat the outlier as the norm because of some fucked up agenda you have against a player who plays for the club you claim to support.
They've all won numerous amount of trophies and have delivered in big games.

In the absence of that, the natural thing would be to look at a player's advance stats like goals above/under xG. Pre 18/19, it was good for Kane. Since 18/19, he's been pretty bang average in front of goal.

It's very convenient to say that Kane isn't getting service when he isn't scoring right?

But what about when he does score? Is he getting service? How many chances is he getting? How many chances is he converting? Correct me if I'm wrong but I these questions are very important for a striker. And these questions can be somewhat answered by xG.

If he's taking 10 shots and converting 1 of 3 big chances in a game - it's not great.

Then why don't we do the same for Lucas, Son etc.

Is Lucas world class because he can dribble past players for fun and does a lot of things few can on a regular basis. The knock against him has always been his finishing/end product right?

They've all won numerous amount of trophies and have delivered in big games.

In the absence of that, the natural thing would be to look at a player's advance stats like goals above/under xG. Pre 18/19, it was good for Kane. Since 18/19, he's been pretty bang average in front of goal.

It's very convenient when it's true. Sometimes it isn't, that doesn't mean he got good service in games like Southampton, Watford etc. You realise every football game is different right? Or is that too complicated for you? He got service vs Leicester & Liverpool but not in other games this season.

Yeah, how many of those is he making with his own good work? How many of those chances are made if you replaced him with another random striker? How many was Vinicius getting in the PL for us compared to Kane?

Yeah this entirely depends on where the shots are from.

We do. Son is a very good player. Lucas is a good player having a great season where he's still less productive than a Kane having his worst. He offers the team other assets but he's nowhere near as intelligent with the ball as Kane is. He's a head down and dribble player, useful but Kane is different class when on form.

Yeah because they play for elite clubs. Suarez won nothing at Liverpool but had the best season of his career there, so what? Trophies are a team thing, and it's the team which gets you over the line.

Yeah so bang average he bagged the top scorer and top assister awards for last season. Nobody was doing better at making chances and scoring than Kane was last season. He had a high xG because his movement is elite and he's fantastic at getting shots away. That's his own good work, it doesn't just happen.

Breaking news: Salah is over xG by only 0.39 this season, so by KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy logic he's actually average and certainly not a Ballon d'or contender at all. Because this is the only way we judge players and it's definitely not fucking stupid at all.

If he wins the golden boot then we can safely discredit him because he wasn't far over xG, and everyone knows this means it doesn't count.

Yeah, how many of those is he making with his own good work? How many of those chances are made if you replaced him with another random striker? How many was Vinicius getting in the PL for us compared to Kane?

Yeah this entirely depends on where the shots are from.
He's in the race for the golden boot for Big Chances Missed this season...

He has 10 big chances missed on just 4 non pen goals...

Lucas is a good player having a great season where he's still less productive than a Kane having his worst. He offers the team other assets but he's nowhere near as intelligent with the ball as Kane is. He's a head down and dribble player, useful but Kane is different class when on form.
So where are the number to actually support your claim? You say Kane is world class in that and that but where are the objective numbers? That image I just posted showed you plenty of areas where Lucas is our leader in.
Also, Lucas put in the best performance of the season against Palace. Kane could only dream of scoring a goal like Lucas did against Palace. Watch below - starts around the 4 min 20 sec mark.

Yeah so bang average he bagged the top scorer and top assister awards for last season. Nobody was doing better at making chances and scoring than Kane was last season.
Kane took double the amount of shots as Son to score 3 more non pen goals as Son last season. Kane's goals above xG was +0.8. Son's was +6. Kane was extremely inefficient compared to Son (and Bale) last season. Probably a reason why we finished 7th.

Kane's xAssist number was actually lower than Son last season (9.5 vs 7.6). Kane benefited from Son and Bale being the most clinical players in the league.

gKPtnyq.jpg

So where are the number to actually support your claim? You say Kane is world class in that and that but where are the objective numbers? That image I just posted showed you plenty of areas where Lucas is our leader in.
Also, Lucas put in the best performance of the season against Palace. Kane could only dream of scoring a goal like Lucas did against Palace. Watch below - starts around the 4 min 20 sec mark.

Golden Boot, Top Assists.

I'm not going to get in to a comparison between Lucas fucking Moura and Harry Kane. One is a cult hero having a solid season, the other will end his career as England and Spurs' record ever goalscorer, and as a legend for club and country.

Not even worth my time, or anyone's for that matter.

Breaking news: Salah is over xG by only 0.39 this season, so by KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy logic he's actually average and certainly not a Ballon d'or contender at all. Because this is the only way we judge players and it's definitely not fucking stupid at all.

If he wins the golden boot then we can safely discredit him because he wasn't far over xG, and everyone knows this means it doesn't count.
He missed a couple penalties this season which took his goals above xG number down significantly

I typically look at what a player's doing in open play.

Kane took double the amount of shots as Son to score 3 more non pen goals as Son last season. Kane's goals above xG was +0.8. Son's was +6. Kane was extremely inefficient compared to Son (and Bale) last season. Probably a reason why we finished 7th.

Kane's xAssist number was actually lower than Son last season (9.5 vs 7.6). Kane benefited from Son and Bale being the most clinical players in the league.

gKPtnyq.jpg

So you laugh at the fact and stats hes the second quickest player ever to hit 250 actual goals but pull out xg stats shite out of your hole to back up your pathetic narrative😅😅

Back
Top Bottom