Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He missed a couple penalties this season which took his goals above xG number down significantly

I typically look at what a player's doing in open play.

'Penalties are easy and don't count'

*player misses penalties*

'We don't count this thing we claim to be very easy to do as a negative because only open play matters.'

Golden Boot, Top Assists.

I'm not going to get in to a comparison between Lucas fucking Moura and Harry Kane. One is a cult hero having a solid season, the other will end his career as England and Spurs' record ever goalscorer, and as a legend for club and country.

Not even worth my time, or anyone's for that matter.
Here's what you said:

"Let's ignore Kane's world class passing range, hold up play and all round skillset as a striker which sees his peers rave about him, and focus on xG. "

So where's your proof that Kane has done other things a lot better than Lucas this season. Goal conversion rate? Goals above xG? Successful dribbles per game? Big chances created? Key passes per game? Which ones has Kane been better at?

I've posted my objective stats - where are yours?

I5aua2c.jpg

'Penalties are easy and don't count'

*player misses penalties*

'We don't count this thing we claim to be very easy to do as a negative because only open play matters.'
Fair enough

Salah isn't the most clinical player either - misses a lot of sitters

But what he has is the ability to create something out of nothing. Some truly Messi like goals.

I think that's what pundits/fans drool over.

Kane is largely a service dependent player.

Here's what you said:

"Let's ignore Kane's world class passing range, hold up play and all round skillset as a striker which sees his peers rave about him, and focus on xG. "

So where's your proof that Kane has done other things a lot better than Lucas this season. Goal conversion rate? Goals above xG? Successful dribbles per game? Big chances created? Key passes per game? Which ones has Kane been better at?

I5aua2c.jpg
Hand picked stats again 😅😅 i think most people have been complimentary about moura this season 👍 those first 3 stats have nothing to do with kane. They are not stats for a striker

Here's what you said:

I didn't claim Kane had done things a lot better than Lucas this season, silly. Kane's not played well for 80% of the season. And on form Harry Kane does lots of things better than Lucas - holds up the ball, wins aerial duels, his shooting technique with both feet is far superior, his passing technique is on a different planet, decision making also far better.

THIS season Lucas has been better, although I expect that to change by the end of the season with the form Kane's coming in to. I have Lucas as our player as the season thus far as he's stepped up, it's been fucking great. But across his career they're not even comparable as players.

I tell you what - I'll hold fire on tags and hyping Kane up and we can both evaluate at the end of this season, and if Kane is still at this level of xG and has had a worse season than Lucas, I'll hold my hands up.

This is all I wanted to hear lol

It's not something I've ever denied. Kane for most of this season was terrible, for whatever combination of reasons. Unacceptably bad, it's been the worst form of his entire career. Whereas Lucas despite limitations to his game has stepped up and is having one of his best seasons in a Spurs shirt, he's up there for player of the season atm.

I know you're hurting right now. Put on a brave face all you like. You're an embarrassment to all genuine Tottenham fans, just a source of amusement. People will always humour the village idiot.
Jimenez
4 goals
2 assists
11% shot conversion
5 big chances missed
-0.5 goals under xG

Kane
5 goals
2 assists
8% shot conversion
10 big chances missed
-3.2 goals under xG

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

So when Kane was the topscorer in the Premier League, we failed to win the PL because of him?

Makes sense. :mourwhat:

Fucking moron.

He was topscorer in the Premier League last season and we finished 7th - our worst finish in over 10 years. This year we're in the middle of a top 4 battle and Kane's got 4 non pen goals, -3.2 goals under xG and an 8% goal conversion rate. With virtually the same team.

We win in spite of Kane's goals. "Fucking moron."

And he doesn't show up for finals/semis. Goes completely MIA.

:sonpoint:

"Kane is world class and should be compared to Lewandowski even though his stats this year are more or less worse than Raul Jimenez"

So players only get judged on the current season in your strange world then? Doesn't matter about what they did year after year previously, right? 😂

Guarantee you at the end of this season, Harry Kane will have more goals than your fancy man. As always.

Breaking news: Salah is over xG by only 0.39 this season, so by KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy logic he's actually average and certainly not a Ballon d'or contender at all. Because this is the only way we judge players and it's definitely not fucking stupid at all.

If he wins the golden boot then we can safely discredit him because he wasn't far over xG, and everyone knows this means it doesn't count.
Salah is an absolute joke... Look, he's leading the PL in big chances missed this year.

Expecting Klopp to wise up and get rid of this waste of space in the current window, while he's still worth good money. If they wait he'll be worth nothing. I hope they don't beat us to the punch and engineer a swap for Jiminez.

B...bu...but... if Kane played for Bayern like Lewandowski he would be winning Ballon Dors and be scoring 60 goals a season

He would have every chance of scoring as many as Lewandowski. Why wouldn't he? His record compares even now, despite playing in a far lesser team and in a much tougher league. Check and mate, cunt features.

Back
Top Bottom