Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep to all that.

I think the bloke is absolute quality (and happy as punch that we have him) but he could be even better.

I don't see either of us saying sell him but we can criticise and should not be called heretics for doing so.

For all the comparisons let's just say this and proof in my mind.

If you put a gun to Mourinho's head and said a 27/8 year old Drogba or Kane in the coming League Cup final against City he would pick the Ivorian.

My hope is that one day Mourinho would not be so sure or would go Kane.

That is where I come from when I talk world class. Kane is just below in my opinion.
Well we have living proof in a CL final under supposedly the best manager since 1960 not so long ago

Did he touch the ball?
I guess people were happier that he just played than Llorente or Moura scoring

How many of these people throwing a hissy fit have Ajax down as their most memorable moment as a Spurs fan. A good few I’d say, and if not then second to 84......guess who played neither

Anyone laughing at the notion Berbatov was better on the ball didn’t watch Spurs in 2008, can’t put it any clearer than that
he was unreal berbatov, such a shame we gave him a bunch of average players to work with..i was gutted when we signed modric and he left, them two would of been unreal together. think they had one pre season game against celtic...what could of been

he was definitely more elegant on the ball than kane thats for sure

he was unreal berbatov, such a shame we gave him a bunch of average players to work with..i was gutted when we signed modric and he left, them two would of been unreal together. think they had one pre season game against celtic...what could of been

he was definitely more elegant on the ball than kane thats for sure
Huddleston was also more elegant than Dembele, so what 😂 U are right tho, that combo would have been class... throw in Bale, King, VDV etc. Really could have won the league

We argue about the qualities of players like Davies, Lamela, Lloris, Dele, Bergwijn etc.... put two of them in that side and we would have won it

We argue about the qualities of players like Davies, Lamela, Lloris, Dele, Bergwijn etc.... put two of them in that side and we would have won it
one of levys biggest mistakes was not investing in the squad when we had berbatov and keane up front...then again when we had bale and modric.

the bale and modric side just needed a quality striker...like berbatov hahah

Yep to all that.

I think the bloke is absolute quality (and happy as punch that we have him) but he could be even better.

I don't see either of us saying sell him but we can criticise and should not be called heretics for doing so.

For all the comparisons let's just say this and proof in my mind.

If you put a gun to Mourinho's head and said a 27/8 year old Drogba or Kane in the coming League Cup final against City he would pick the Ivorian.

My hope is that one day Mourinho would not be so sure or would go Kane.

That is where I come from when I talk world class. Kane is just below in my opinion.

That's just total bollocks. If you put Kane in Chelsea's prime team in the early Abramovich years they'd have still won loads of trophies, possibly even more, and if you put Drogba in the Spurs team of the nougties we'd still have won little more than a league cup. Kane is more of a difference maker than Drogba, who was a much more limited footballer. If he was such an incredible difference maker why did the Ivory Coast never manage to get out of their WC group with him playing for them? He has two WC goals,, both in defeats. With Kane in the team, England went from failing to get out their group to reaching the Semi Final.

That's just total bollocks. If you put Kane in Chelsea's prime team in the early Abramovich years they'd have still won loads of trophies, possibly even more, and if you put Drogba in the Spurs team of the nougties we'd still have won little more than a league cup. Kane is more of a difference maker than Drogba, who was a much more limited footballer. If he was such an incredible difference maker why did the Ivory Coast never manage to get out of their WC group with him playing for them? He has two WC goals,, both in defeats. With Kane in the team, England went from failing to get out their group to reaching the Semi Final.
Agree you'd be mad to take Drogba over Kane.

Sure he had a knack of scoring in cup finals but comes nowhere close to Kane for total goal contribution and all round play.

Maybe the fact that he played in better teams than Kane meant he performed well in cup finals? Just a thought.

I think it's fine to criticise Kane when he has a poor game but he's obviously our most important player so what does it achieve really?

He will not be great every game but he is clearly one of the best strikers in the world, the numbers speak for themselves.

Love the blinkers.

You see this is myopia right here. I am not comparing Crouch and Kane because no one ever said Crouch was world class.

What some people fail to grasp is this.

Kane is feted as being a world beater. It means he is always seem as the threat. If you are in that top top bracket then you look it in the eyes and rise above it. Kane hasn't as yet in those games which matter the very most, or we would have none of this he has to move nonsense.

If he was a really as good as many believe, he would have led us to glory by now. Not necessarily a criticism because he is not the one saying he is this world class striker.

So I see it as his last hurdle and hope he can achieve it with us.
I see it different, I think the club has let him down but not giving him the trophies he deserves, but investing in the squad, his numbers every season are that of a winner, but we haven't always invested in a similar calibre of player, imagine this guy looks back and has the likes of Sissoko, Davies and Dier behind him, a massive gulf in class.
Lots of games Harry sticks out as a class above the rest, no player can win trophies on his own, the whole team needs to be of a high level too, look at Messi for example, world-class, best player eve, but hasn't won a champions league in 6 seasons, as he went to dominating the comp playing with Xavi, Iniesta etc, to playing alongside Braithwate etc

At the age of 28 Drogba scored 16 goals in 41 games in the season, imagine if Harry got those numbers LOL. Granted Drogba was a big game player in some matches, but I think other than that he was vastly overrated, managed 20+ league goals in just 2 seasons in his whole career. Look at the stats, Harry 159 goals in 235 PL games, Drogba 104 in 254.

Everyone is bored of you thats for sure.

Never known someone to be so argumentative about evry minor detail possible.

Bet you're an absolute joy to be around....
So bored you keep replying?
This thread is nothing without me but a bunch of Twitter stats lauding a season tally with 99% of goals scored against Farmers and relegation fodder......they all count, but come on, look at the teams.
How can we turn a corner if we have a world class striker who can’t do it against the big boys in a season he’s declared better than ever.
He used to score shit loads against top 6.....proper top 6, not West Ham.

Minor details? Like the status of our striker?
I’ve never seen so many people I assumed are grown men who can’t have an objective discussion about a footballer on a football forum

Last edited:
Ngl I think Kane saw what sammyspurs sammyspurs said about him and was like F it I'm gonna be amazing in March.
3 games - 4 goals , 2 assists

Incredible games yesterday and on Sunday.
But....he was never poor all of a sudden I heard.
So these improved performances didn’t happen, it was the same level as Leicester and West Ham right?

Oh no that’s right, he was poor.
And now he’s playing better

Just what I wanted

At the age of 28 Drogba scored 16 goals in 41 games in the season, imagine if Harry got those numbers LOL. Granted Drogba was a big game player in some matches, but I think other than that he was vastly overrated, managed 20+ league goals in just 2 seasons in his whole career. Look at the stats, Harry 159 goals in 235 PL games, Drogba 104 in 254.
Can you show me where people have said Harry doesn’t score a lot?
Also quite telling that Drogba is 17th on all time PL shots taken and Kane is 3rd

In fact I think there was only 3 players in the top 20 still playing, so basically Kane is massively ahead on shots taken with modern players

Last edited:
Haha
Put Kane in the best team in the land under the best manager and he would have won stuff
Put Drogba in Spurs in 1995 and he wouldnt

And that’s the real quiz
:mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom