Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nope. Sammy clearly stated if Kane is playing poorly, he would happily bring in Dane Scarlett.
Stand for every word I said
You’ve absolutely nailed it right here:

if Kane is playing poorly

The fact you are happy to have poor performances from a player in the basis
I like him” is the only thing embarrassing here.

Here’s a little tip: You don’t know Kane.....he’s not going to come and sign your shin pads because you worship him on a forum. I’m pretty certain he’s a grounded honest lad, who would appreciate some honesty about his game, more than a little puppy dog trying to yap yap at his bell end

Isaac94

I’ll wait for you to tell me a time when Kane has been better on the ball than Berbatov

Interesting one this because there have been very few strikers better or more masterful on the ball.

For me and much like you, it is too easy to call Kane world class without looking a bit deeper.

Is Kane more likely to bag in goals than Berbatov in most seasons? Yes.

Is Kane a better option in every top game and by that I mean key matches where it matters most? I would say no.

Do I however believe that if Kane were playing alongside Berbatov that he would be 5% better than he is now? Absolutely.

Kane is not an enigma and he is different gravy but there are games (more the bigger ones in my book) where he is just too easily stifled..

We have another big game on Sunday and for me when and if he becomes the man in games like this, he will go from the perception to the reality.

I would say however that there is no striker in the PL who is definitely better and probably only 2 or 3 that match-up in the world. But then I don't make any of them necessarily world class either, apart from...Lewandowski and maybe Mbappe.

Interesting one this because there have been very few strikers better or more masterful on the ball.

For me and much like you, it is too easy to call Kane world class without looking a bit deeper.

Is Kane a better option in every top game and by that I mean key matches where it matters most? I would say no.

Do I however believe that if Kane were playing alongside Berbatov that he would be 5% better than he is now? Absolutely.

Kane is not an enigma and he is different gravy but there are games (more the bigger ones in my book) where he is just too easily stifled..

We have another big game on Sunday and for me when and if he becomes the man in games like this, he will go from the perception to the reality.

I would say however that there is no striker in the PL who is definitely better and probably only 2 or 3 that match-up in the world. But then I don't make any of them necessarily world class either, apart from...Lewandowski and maybe Mbappe.
Amen

Anyone laughing at the notion Berbatov was better on the ball didn’t watch Spurs in 2008, can’t put it any clearer than that

The funny thing is the amount if people who will agree, but stay silent.

It’s an uneasy sect around here sometimes. I remember them all saying Eriksen was our most important player and irreplaceable for about three years.......until Poch dropped him (like I said he should be) and then it was ok and he was suddenly a rat that should leave.
Then came Ndombele......

If Kane leaves in the summer, watch everyone start cluster wanking if we go for Haaland

Are you actually joking mate ? When he becomes the man in games like Sunday ? You do know his record against Woolwich and notably many of the London rivals ? Please do your research before putting out a statement like this. Harry Kane has scored 14 goals against them and has the most goals against Woolwich for any player in premier league history beating the likes of Aguero and Drogba. He consistently scores in the big games like this. You and Sammy are literally on another planet. Embarrassing the pair of you.

Amen

Anyone laughing at the notion Berbatov was better on the ball didn’t watch Spurs in 2008, can’t put it any clearer than that

The funny thing is the amount if people who will agree, but stay silent.

It’s an uneasy sect around here sometimes. I remember them all saying Eriksen was our most important player and irreplaceable for about three years.......until Poch dropped him (like I said he should be) and then it was ok and he was suddenly a rat that should leave.
Then came Ndombele......

If Kane leaves in the summer, watch everyone start cluster wanking if we go for Haaland

You have just had a guy who can’t even do his own research agree with you Sammy, not even sure why you are so excited. Both absolutely clueless.

Are you actually joking mate ? When he becomes the man in games like Sunday ? You do know his record against Woolwich and notably many of the London rivals ? Please do your research before putting out a statement like this. Harry Kane has scored 14 goals against them and has the most goals against Woolwich for any player in premier league history beating the likes of Aguero and Drogba. He consistently scores in the big games like this. You and Sammy are literally on another planet. Embarrassing the pair of you.

Name me when Kane scored and made the difference in a game that took us to a final or trophies?

Name a game when Berbatov bestrode all others?

When you are '-The man it means in the BIGGEST games you are the difference.

Those biggest games are the ones that bring your club trophies.

Kane as very very good as he is and has been has not done it.

I am absolutely sure of what I am saying but nothing will also give me more pleasure than to be proved wrong.

TIL Crouch is better than Kane because he got us into the CL.

You see this is myopia right here. I am not comparing Crouch and Kane because no one ever said Crouch was world class.

What some people fail to grasp is this.

Kane is feted as being a world beater. It means he is always seem as the threat. If you are in that top top bracket then you look it in the eyes and rise above it. Kane hasn't as yet in those games which matter the very most, or we would have none of this he has to move nonsense.

If he was a really as good as many believe, he would have led us to glory by now. Not necessarily a criticism because he is not the one saying he is this world class striker.

So I see it as his last hurdle and hope he can achieve it with us.

You see this is myopia right here. I am not comparing Crouch and Kane because no one ever said Crouch was world class.

What some people fail to grasp is this.

Kane is feted as being a world beater. It means he is always seem as the threat. If you are in that top top bracket then you look it in the eyes and rise above it. Kane hasn't as yet in those games which matter the very most, or we would have none of this he has to move nonsense.

If he was a really as good as many believe, he would have led us to glory by now. Not necessarily a criticism because he is not the one saying he is this world class striker.

So I see it as his last hurdle and hope he can achieve it with us.

We live in a world where saying Kane is a great player means he’s shit

Where saying is off form means sell him

Where Kane scoring 1 goal against LASK = 2 goals, or Mouras = 0.5 goals
Take your pick, but Kane’s are more valuable somehow

Where Kane is apparently “levels”.......yes LEVELS above a peak Bale and Modric

Where Kane has a better fucking touch than Dimitar Berbatov

Where Kane playing poor is because the team and manager are shit

And then when he plays well, he was suddenly never playing poor after all

Where Bale lifting the whole team didn’t happen and it was all Kane and it was a coincidence that our revival started with Bales form

Because Kane was “never” off form, so why were we shit for 2.5 months?
Tactics.........Dier..........Davies..........

But never Kane.

He should play every single second of every single game in every competition every season, and then we can cry that he’s not rested.

A world where the same cunts spent the whole of last summer screaming BUY ANOTHER STRIKER!!!!!!! WE NEED A BACK UP STRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A world where no one addresses the posts where Kane has 4 goals of 26 against a top 6 side.....and by top 6 I mean West Ham for 50% of that 4. That’s 2 for all you numpties out there.

5 goals v current top 10

Those teams were 8th, 11th and 16th when he scored against them.

13 against bottom half

10 in the cups

Now, if that was Salah, or Aubameyang I wonder what the word on the street would be

We live in a world where saying Kane is a great player means he’s shit

Where saying is off form means sell him

Where Kane scoring 1 goal against LASK = 2 goals, or Mouras = 0.5 goals
Take your pick, but Kane’s are more valuable somehow

Where Kane is apparently “levels”.......yes LEVELS above a peak Bale and Modric

Where Kane has a better fucking touch than Dimitar Berbatov

Where Kane playing poor is because the team and manager are shit

And then when he plays well, he was suddenly never playing poor after all

Where Bale lifting the whole team didn’t happen and it was all Kane and it was a coincidence that our revival started with Bales form

Because Kane was “never” off form, so why were we shit for 2.5 months?
Tactics.........Dier..........Davies..........

But never Kane.

He should play every single second of every single game in every competition every season, and then we can cry that he’s not rested.

A world where the same cunts spent the whole of last summer screaming BUY ANOTHER STRIKER!!!!!!! WE NEED A BACK UP STRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A world where no one addresses the posts where Kane has 4 goals of 26 against a top 6 side.....and by top 6 I mean West Ham for 50% of that 4. That’s 2 for all you numpties out there.

5 goals v current top 10

Those teams were 8th, 11th and 16th when he scored against them.

13 against bottom half

10 in the cups

Now, if that was Salah, or Aubameyang I wonder what the word on the street would be

Yep to all that.

I think the bloke is absolute quality (and happy as punch that we have him) but he could be even better.

I don't see either of us saying sell him but we can criticise and should not be called heretics for doing so.

For all the comparisons let's just say this and proof in my mind.

If you put a gun to Mourinho's head and said a 27/8 year old Drogba or Kane in the coming League Cup final against City he would pick the Ivorian.

My hope is that one day Mourinho would not be so sure or would go Kane.

That is where I come from when I talk world class. Kane is just below in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom