Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

people need to stop the crap that we are better without kane, his passing was immense tonight, i think we can def cope and sonny loves to rise to the challenge when his gone so we might be fine but no way are we better without him

Correct other than I think he would have been as upset as Aguero at not scoring.

Becoming problematic for him and us though and as much as Son does step up or has to date, we have to recognise Kane's ankle is a problem that won't be going away.

I think it might be grade 3 ligament sprain - i.e a rupture. Hopefully no fracture or anything. Don't think there's any chance we'll see him again this season. Should be fine for the start of next though. Fortunately the home games plus Bournemouth away should be straightforward without him in the PL, gonna be very tough away to City in the CL and any games we play after that though.

people need to stop the crap that we are better without kane, his passing was immense tonight, i think we can def cope and sonny loves to rise to the challenge when his gone so we might be fine but no way are we better without him

4 home wins in the league against Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham & Evertonnare all achievable without Harry. Huge win tonight but the home league games are still our bread and butter.

If the first XI battle like they did tonight from now until the end of the season we will be fine. Big loss but we can do this without our talisman

We need Dele to get his head out of the bachelor clouds inthink are effecting him, Lucas to seize his moment, Sonny to embrace it like he does & Eriksen to keep that momentum slowly coming back to his game.

Surpsingly I'm not that worried about Harry. He's the most important player but the players will know they need to up their games now so it could be a good thing for the focus of four or five players.

Also big praise for Wanyama tonight. He came on and did exactly what he needed to do, it reminded me how much I miss peak Victor
Spot on.

Lovely cameo from Big Vic

4 home wins in the league against Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham & Evertonnare all achievable without Harry. Huge win tonight but the home league games are still our bread and butter.

If the first XI battle like they did tonight from now until the end of the season we will be fine. Big loss but we can do this without our talisman
Time for our Dutch Talisman to step up then

When is Harry going to learn to look after himself? You don't see Ronaldo or Messi make this kind of tackle and they are rarely injured.
Some might think that this would curtail his all round game but it's seriously getting to the point now where someone needs to sit him down and advise him to protect himself a bit more.
The amount of times he's after getting this exact same injury is crazy. The way he puts himself about for the team is great, but he leaves his ankles so open to being crunched and with the amount of shithouses in the Premier League they will gleefully take advantage of this.

Harry is an absolutely world class player who is a complete footballer and makes everyone else around him better.

But we've often been better without him. I can't explain it, and I wouldn't bet on it happening again, every time he goes down I think "this is it, we'll go down the toilet", but it never seems to happen.

I will say that some of the worst we've played over the last few years is with a half-fit Kane rushing himself back, so let's hope that doesn't happen.

Our best form this year came without him. We can cope. In his absence, we become more fluid.

Still gutted, mind.

I think we were pretty fluid first half and thought we were going to score with Kane on the pitch. It was our game for the most part and Kane was tormenting their CBs. When Kane is fit, which I think he was just getting back into form, he makes our team as fluid as possible. His complete play is world class, something you never drop if ready and able. Which leads us to the rushing him back topic; a horrible idea executed multiple times now.

Starting to worry that this repetitive injury could prove to be a long term problem for him and even career threatening if he does it too many times.

Got to protect himself.

Having said that it was an impact injury. His ankle did roll but you never know it might just be sore and bruised. 🙏

As a few have said he’s got to protect himself. That injury reminds me a bit, bizarrely, of Gazza. Nothing area of the pitch, flew in a bit recklessly and has done himself. Very stupid injury to pick up.

I think it might be grade 3 ligament sprain - i.e a rupture. Hopefully no fracture or anything. Don't think there's any chance we'll see him again this season. Should be fine for the start of next though. Fortunately the home games plus Bournemouth away should be straightforward without him in the PL, gonna be very tough away to City in the CL and any games we play after that though.

This is Spurs mate none of it will be straightforward

Done for the season means missing how many matches including champions league games?
I'm slowly learning Premier League.
6df0I4G.png

Not including possible Champions League semifinals (home and away matches) and final

Back
Top Bottom