Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't realise this but Harry is tied with most player of the month awards ever won in the Premier League:

Most Player of the Month awards

6 - Steven Gerrard (Liverpool; March 2001, March 2003, December 2004, April 2006, March 2009, March 2014)

6 - Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur; January 2015, February 2015, March 2016, February 2017, September 2017, December 2017)

Last year he came back from injury far too early and was absolute shite for months. Hope this is not being repeated.

When? After he came back after the Chelsea game where we beat them 3-1 in his first 90 minutes back until the rest of the season he scored 6 goals and got 1 assist in 7 games.

As a goalscorer I'm pretty sure he's scored pretty consistently each time he's come back from injury in recent years unless there's a spell I'm forgetting?

I would not be at all surprised if he was back for the Woolwich game at the beginning of March. Maybe slightly earlier but I'd hang my hat on the Woolwich game. Whether that's too soon or not, who knows.

Shite!? As in pretty much a goal a game.

Shite in comparrison to his usual levels :kanegoal:

He was scoring, but his all-round play didn't look as good as we have come to expect from the lad. He'll be kicked off the park again as soon as he's back, because there's no other way to stop him, so I hope that when he comes back in he feels 100% comfortable to take that risk.

When? After he came back after the Chelsea game where we beat them 3-1 in his first 90 minutes back until the rest of the season he scored 6 goals and got 1 assist in 7 games.

As a goalscorer I'm pretty sure he's scored pretty consistently each time he's come back from injury in recent years unless there's a spell I'm forgetting?
Shite!? As in pretty much a goal a game.
STATS!!!!

Llorente has scored 5 goals in 5 starts. Best striker in the world obviously.

Too many highlights watchers.

STATS!!!!

Llorente has scored 5 goals in 5 starts. Best striker in the world obviously.

Too many highlights watchers.

His main job is to score us goals. If he comes back half fit and is able to knock them in at a ratio of 6 goals in 7 games when we need him I'd take that all day long.

P.S I'm far from a highlights watcher. Im pretty sure most here would take a Harry who has returned from his injuries as he has in the past over no Harry at all so as far as I'm concerned the sooner he is actually able to get back on the pitch the better as it automatically makes us a stronger team

His main job is to score us goals. If he comes back half fit and is able to knock them in at a ratio of 6 goals in 7 games when we need him I'd take that all day long.

P.S I'm far from a highlights watcher. Im pretty sure most here would take a Harry who has returned from his injuries as he has in the past over no Harry at all so as far as I'm concerned the sooner he is actually able to get back on the pitch the better as it automatically makes us a stronger team
But last season we werent a stronger team when he came back from injury. He was horrible vs Stoke where he claimed the goal for the ball touching him rather than him actually heading the ball vs city, vs brighton (where he did get a goal again but through a shot that Llorente's nan could have scored from , even the games that followed, we couldnt score much as a team because the striker was just jogging around at minimal speed waiting to for the ball to drop to him so he can hit it really hard.Theres a stat about Kane needing almost 200 shots to get his goals, while Salah got more with almost 50 fewer shots.

I think Son can play upfront while Kane fully recovers instead of starting matches already and playing like the walking dead.

But last season we werent a stronger team when he came back from injury. He was horrible vs Stoke where he claimed the goal for the ball touching him rather than him actually heading the ball vs city, vs brighton (where he did get a goal again but through a shot that Llorente's nan could have scored from , even the games that followed, we couldnt score much as a team because the striker was just jogging around at minimal speed waiting to for the ball to drop to him so he can hit it really hard.Theres a stat about Kane needing almost 200 shots to get his goals, while Salah got more with almost 50 fewer shots.

I think Son can play upfront while Kane fully recovers instead of starting matches already and playing like the walking dead.

Harry has always been a slow starter when having a spell of games away from the first team, be it at the beginning of a season or when he's making his way back from injury.

We'll have to disagree on this one as I'd much rather Harry be on the pitch living off scraps and chugging his way through games if it gets us the results we need at a crucial stage of the season than out for a longer period.

The only way I don't want to see him come back early is if it aggregates his injury and it sets him back further. How I see it, any kind of fit Harry back on the pitch for the Dortmund game will be a huge boost but only if the ankle has recovered sufficiently enough for him to play a reasonable part in it all

When he comes back he'll be rusty. In the same way that Llorente looked very rusty but has managed a very creditable scoring rate (not so shite after all huh!). But the only way to get past that is to let him play - unless you dafties think we should switch starting strikers.
So I think as soon as he feels fit enough to play, he should be on the pitch. And please no bitching if he isn't immediately at peak form that we have ever seen in any previous season.

Back
Top Bottom