Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DSERL3mW0AAlb3h.jpg

DSERNPmX0AAhFSC.jpg

DSERN_xXkAAW8vo.jpg

:pochshock2::pochbye:

I’m going to tell Barca to sign me during the January transfer window...then I’ll be world class because I’ll have silverware come May.

Fucking knobs.

I think we can afford to give him 200k a week once we move to the new stadium. The problem is Real or Barca could offer 500k a week. So its a never ending case of catch up.

We just have to offer the best we can, if its not good enough then unfortunately we have to sell. Completely up to the player or any player.

I think we can afford to give him 200k a week once we move to the new stadium. The problem is Real or Barca could offer 500k a week. So its a never ending case of catch up.

We just have to offer the best we can, if its not good enough then unfortunately we have to sell. Completely up to the player or any player.
I’d say he’s averaging well above £200k per week with us right now. I know we don’t pay high basic, but it’s been my belief we pay very high performance bonuses for appearances, goals, POTY nominations, etc.

The number of goals he’s getting, the Balon d’Or nomination, etc must bang his wages up sky high.

That’s probably what’s pissed Danny Rose off. He’s probably on £20k an appearance and the same for a clean sheet, so last seasons rotation probably cost him the big end of a million.

This is what a lot of folk don’t get.
We can’t ever match the wages that certain clubs can offer, because they have bottomless reserves of cash to call upon. If a player is motivated by obscene amounts of money, then there are clubs out there that will simply outbid us. We offer Harry £300k a week for example-united can afford to outbid that (see Rooney & Zlatan), so can City, so can the chavs. That’s just in England, without mentioning Madrid, Barca & PSG. What we can do in those circumstances is make the unhappy player(s) sit out his/their contract(s) or get the best possible fee for them to rebuild again. That isn’t changing any time soon, if ever.

I just hope the footballing bubble bursts soon. It’s all wrong in this country & in Spain.
A team like Bayern can compete at the highest level with a modest (by comparable English & Spanish clubs) wage bill. Why can’t City et al?

This is what a lot of folk don’t get.
We can’t ever match the wages that certain clubs can offer, because they have bottomless reserves of cash to call upon. If a player is motivated by obscene amounts of money, then there are clubs out there that will simply outbid us. We offer Harry £300k a week for example-united can afford to outbid that (see Rooney & Zlatan), so can City, so can the chavs. That’s just in England, without mentioning Madrid, Barca & PSG. What we can do in those circumstances is make the unhappy player(s) sit out his/their contract(s) or get the best possible fee for them to rebuild again. That isn’t changing any time soon, if ever.

I just hope the footballing bubble bursts soon. It’s all wrong in this country & in Spain.
A team like Bayern can compete at the highest level with a modest (by comparable English & Spanish clubs) wage bill. Why can’t City et al?

Because Bayern get first dibs on players from Germany and Eastern Europe. Its a big cheap talent pool.

The best English players are fought over by 6 clubs, 3 of which are Elite. Theres no such competition when Bayern want to sign someone. Same with Juventus in Italy. Thats how they get good squads cheaply.

Kane in Spain... Just don't see it. Alli, Eriksen, Son... Oasis - definitely, maybe. There's a photo of a childhood Kane standing next to Beckham, and on the other side of Beckham is his future fiance and mother of his child. Tells you a lot about him. I think he's happy in a decent size pond which he can help make bigger. I can't even imagine him wanting to live up North.

Just love seeing the saltiness from other fans, why can’t they appreciate the pure footballing ability of Sir Harry Kane...

:kaneear:

“Kane is good but he isn't clinical enough to be world class, world class means you are the best in the world in your position which he isn't. Tottenham is built to give him the 6 shots he needs to score, even lukaku is more clinical.”
Er..
League:
Kane 6.1 shots per game 18 goals
Ronaldo 6.5 shots per game 4 goals
Messi 6.4 shots per game 15 goals

So they are not clinical as Barca and Madrid are built to provide Messi and Ronaldo the six shots they need to score .
Oh, and hold on, they aren’t even as clinical as Kane.
So gooner logic say they are also not World Class.
And Lukaku also has to more clinical than all 3.
Fucking dim low.

Last edited:
If Van Dijk is worth 75m. How much is Kane worth? 300?
How much is Alderwiereld worth?
And Vertonghen
And a younger improving Dier
And Sanchez.
Both (Dier/Sanchez)wouldn’t have to improve unrealistically to be as good as VD. ( now I know why they use VVD)
Maybe Sanchez heading ability.

Toby must be worth £80m at the very least VD’s only got 2 yrs on him but is nowhere near him as a CB.

If someone comes in with £200m, Levy is going be thinking "That'll be the stadium paid for"

What's the point of having a nice big new football stadium without champions league?
Kane's goals can be the difference between finishing top 4 compared to finishing 5th, and CL is worth about 50 million per year, plus I'm sure levy is aware that with players like Kane at the spurs, it makes other squad players believe we are able to compete for the title, I think the only way Kane leaves is if he wants to, and I think in today's market we would be looking at a bid of 500 million.

Back
Top Bottom