Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get the feeling we are eyeing up April 4th which would be Sheffield United away. I think there's an International break before that fixture so I'd say highly doubtful we see him until April even if all is good.

Our 4 league fixtures before that....Wolves at home, Burnley away, Man U at home (2 days after they play away in Austria in the Europa League) and West Ham at home (a game that could get rescheduled for a later date if we can overcome Norwich in the FA Cup)

If it's only those 3-4 league fixtures he misses before we get him back, it'll be a huge boost.
When you put it like that, it makes me actually welcome the international break for once in my life.

Also Norwich becomes even more important because putting off the spam game until we have Kane & Son playing could be the difference.

Every league game is crucial if we want to have a chance.

When you put it like that, it makes me actually welcome the international break for once in my life.

Also Norwich becomes even more important because putting off the spam game until we have Kane & Son playing could be the difference.

Every league game is crucial if we want to have a chance.

Yeah if we can beat Norwich and leave ourselves only having to play 3 league games in the next 4-5 weeks that would set us up with as long as possible to get Sissoko and Kane back, I doubt we'll be seeing Sonny anytime soon though.

Wolves at home really is a massive, massive game. Win that one and we are well in the thick of it all, especially with Chelsea away at Bournemouth this week and Man Unaway at Everton. Crunch weekend.

Yeah if we can beat Norwich and leave ourselves only having to play 3 league games in the next 4-5 weeks that would set us up with as long as possible to get Sissoko and Kane back, I doubt we'll be seeing Sonny anytime soon though.

Wolves at home really is a massive, massive game. Win that one and we are well in the thick of it all, especially with Chelsea away at Bournemouth this week and Man Unaway at Everton. Crunch weekend.
Can’t see Chelsea dropping the ball This weekend, Bournemouth are poor and Chavs are good away from home.

As for son I have a feeling he will be back sooner than we think:avbpray:

At the very least, I hope he’s properly fit when he returns. We could do without a repeat of rushing him back from injury for the FA Cup semi final against Man U two seasons ago or the European Cup Final last season.

Thank you Harry for the last 5 years but it is now time to think of yourself and your career. You have carried the club and now it is time for personal glory. Daniel Levy you are a fucking disgrace you have under invested for at least 5 seasons before this one. The Game Is about how much money ENIC can squeeze out of us THE GAME IS ABOUT GLORY is probably the biggest piss take ever,

Thank you Harry for the last 5 years but it is now time to think of yourself and your career. You have carried the club and now it is time for personal glory. Daniel Levy you are a fucking disgrace you have under invested for at least 5 seasons before this one. The Game Is about how much money ENIC can squeeze out of us THE GAME IS ABOUT GLORY is probably the biggest piss take ever,

:dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol:

...Honestly, our fanbase has mentally regressed into a bunch of stroppy, sulking under 10s.

Our fanbase is a mirror image of you my friend. You will accept any old shit that is served up in that shiny new stadium. Weak mentality from top to bottom no fight in the team and fucking idiots like you who are happy to regress at an alarming rate.

As a neutral, it's not my place to agree or disagree with this, but I gave it a like because I sympathise with the sentiment behind it.

The fact that some (small!) segments of the Spurs fanbase turned on Kane towards the end of last season was just disgusting to watch (at its height, it made me want to see him leave, before I realised that most supporters still backed him).

This is a world class striker who has scored more than a third of his club's goals for several seasons, won more points for his team than any other player in the league during multiple seasons, carried the team on his back on countless occasions and for sometimes long stretches, and still, to this day, comes up clutch for his team in key moments. His scoring record and records are fucking outrageous for someone playing for two teams (Spurs and England) that are "just" very good rather than elite.

Well, I don't need to explain to you lads of all people what Kane has achieved individually and for Spurs (and my beloved England). After at least half a dozen transfer windows where he could've gone anywhere he wanted, every fan should be on their knees in gratitude that Kane has stuck around (I know I'm so grateful that he plays for England and shows the passion he does!).

I know you're talking about Levy and ENIC - the corporate class - but I can't comment on that stuff and I feel like it's an analogy for the way some fans treated him last year. That's why I know how you feel. I get the sentiment "Kane deserves better than this", only for me it was "Kane deserves better than to play for a club where he's underappreciated for his rare degree of loyalty and tolerance and where fans have the audacity to say that the team would be better off without him".

I'm not annoyed much these days. This season and the end of last season have largely provided a reality check for the anti-Kane segments of the fanbase. I haven't updated my numbers yet but the last time I did, Spurs had the results record of a solidly bottom-half team going back well over 20 games without Kane. I'm mostly happy that he's at Spurs; I can always rely on a Spurs supporter to show up and back me whenever I'm in some ridiculous argument with a clueless cunt who genuinely believes that Kane is a penalty merchant[1] or that he hasn't had an impact on big games.

[1] I must confess that even as someone who always watches him, I sometimes feel like he scores quite a lot of penalties. Maybe I've internalised some of the bullshit I've seen. It turns out that he's objectively not a penalty merchant at all. I'm always slightly surprised when I see that only something like 10% of his career goals are penalties (and it's not like he hasn't won a fair share of those himself). And also, what's wrong with being an excellent penalty taker in the first place? With Kane at the helm, we won our first ever WC penalty shootout to take us two games deeper into the cup than we otherwise would've gone. It's a vital skill at international level! And players score goals that are much easier finishes than penalties every weekend so why should pens have a unique asterisk against them? It's a nonsense criticism even if you partially agree with the basic premise that Kane scores a lot of them.

Last edited:
This season and the end of last season have largely provided a reality check for the anti-Kane segments of the fanbase. I haven't updated my numbers yet but the last time I did, Spurs had the results record of a solidly bottom-half team going back well over 20 games without Kane.

I think some people were saying that Spurs were better off without Kane or could cope without him with the assumption that Sonny was healthy and starting. Results over the past 18 months or so where Kane is out but Son is in has proved this to be more or less true. I don’t think it’s a statistical anomaly. We can cope without Kane assuming the rest of our squad is in tact.

I think some people were saying that Spurs were better off without Kane or could cope without him with the assumption that Sonny was healthy and starting. Results over the past 18 months or so where Kane is out but Son is in has proved this to be more or less true. I don’t think it’s a statistical anomaly. We can cope without Kane assuming the rest of our squad is in tact.
This is exactly what I was referring to in my post. When I calculated the results record of the last half-season of games (i.e. 19) without Kane (right up until recently but before Son got injured), the results were W6 D4 L9, which is definitely bottom-half material.

The idea that things were great without Kane is exactly the sort of cognitive-biased reasoning that spawned the "better without Kane" meme in the first place. They weren't, except in isolated bursts that yielded probabilistically unlikely results.

Last edited:
the results were W6 D4 L9, which is definitely bottom-half

This is with Sonny in the line-up? You sure? I’m looking at Tranfermarkt data right now and that’s wayyy off... Here's what I'm getting:

Since the Start of 2018/2019 Season
*Includes ALL Matches/Competitions with Kane out due to injury AND Sonny starting the game/not getting a red card*

Champions League

Dortmund (Round of 16) - Win/Advance
Man City (Quarter Finals) - Win/Advance
Ajax (Semi Finals) - Win/Advance

EPL
9W/3L/1D

FA Cup
Middlesbrough - Win/Advance
Southampton - Win/Advance

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
The idea that things were great without Kane is exactly the sort of cognitive-biased reasoning that spawned the "better without Kane" meme in the first place. They weren't, except in isolated bursts that yielded probabilistically unlikely results.
It should be pretty obvious that we are better off with the only truly world-class player in the squad available; not only because of his abilities, but also because of he is a natural leader whose presence gives everyone around him a massive boost and the fans as well.

Last edited:
I mean the stats showed that without Kane but with everyone else fit (Dembele, Eriksen, Son etc) we were fine. We coped. We won.

But nowadays, with our weakened squad. Son also out, Dele having injury problems, Eriksen not up for it, Dembele leaving etc its obviously going to have an effect on things.

Just hope he's back soon.

giphy.gif

I mean the stats showed that without Kane but with everyone else fit (Dembele, Eriksen, Son etc) we were fine. We coped. We won.

But nowadays, with our weakened squad. Son also out, Dele having injury problems, Eriksen not up for it, Dembele leaving etc its obviously going to have an effect on things.

Just hope he's back soon.
Only comes back if he's 100%

But you know Harry, he'll be telling everyone he's 100% if he's only really 60 so that he can get out on the pitch. I'd love Jose to take him aside and tell him the Euros aren't important and not to be rushing back for them, but you know that's firmly Harry's aim, regardless if he's fully fit or not.

Only comes back if he's 100%

But you know Harry, he'll be telling everyone he's 100% if he's only really 60 so that he can get out on the pitch. I'd love Jose to take him aside and tell him the Euros aren't important and not to be rushing back for them, but you know that's firmly Harry's aim, regardless if he's fully fit or not.

I actually think Mourinho is the perfect manager in that respect. I don't think he'll rush him back, especially if Son is also available etc

He wasn't afraid to drop Dele when needed, drop the likes of Alderweireld etc. - if Kane isn't 100%, he will get bench time. He isn't a pushover.

I actually think Mourinho is the perfect manager in that respect. I don't think he'll rush him back, especially if Son is also available etc

He wasn't afraid to drop Dele when needed, drop the likes of Alderweireld etc. - if Kane isn't 100%, he will get bench time. He isn't a pushover.

Given that Son is out for two more months according to some, isn't it likelier that Kane will be fit ahead of him?

If we still have something to play for when either of them is close to full fitness, then Mourinho might just have to play one of them.

Back
Top Bottom