Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His injury record has sealed his fate in my opinion

No one will pay upwards of 150mil for a player that misses three months of every season

In some ways that’s good for us but it will be a shame to see a talent like that trophy less by the end of his career

His injury record has sealed his fate in my opinion

No one will pay upwards of 150mil for a player that misses three months of every season

In some ways that’s good for us but it will be a shame to see a talent like that trophy less by the end of his career
In six full seasons he's missed 55 games through injury averaging 45 club games a season .... that doesn't include the 10 games for England he plays most years ... 55 games a year is more than 90% of EPL players.

No question he needs looking after, this season depending on him making the Euros (and if they are played with CORVID) he will struggle to play 35 games but don't right him off just yet.

In six full seasons he's missed 55 games through injury averaging 45 club games a season .... that doesn't include the 10 games for England he plays most years ... 55 games a year is more than 90% of EPL players.

No question he needs looking after, this season depending on him making the Euros (and if they are played with CORVID) he will struggle to play 35 games but don't right him off just yet.
Not writing him off mate

Just don’t see a Real Madrid or a Barca willing to meet our asking price when he clearly has a weakness in his ankle that you would think will get worse over time

Especially as it seems like we are hellbent on ensuring that he has no serious backup / competition

And getting lumps kicked out of him.

....And back in those days you could leave your back door open so neighbours could borrow stuff.

...And you could go to a sweet shop and get a huge bag of sweets for a penny.

...And Wagon Wheels were more than a foot in diameter.

....And back in those days you could leave your back door open so neighbors could borrow stuff.

...And you could go to a sweet shop and get a huge bag of sweets for a penny.

...And Wagon Wheels were more than a foot in diameter.

1) Only 'cos nobody had anything worth knicking

2) Everybody had tooth rot

3) Tasted like chocolate covered cardboard.

Not writing him off mate

Just don’t see a Real Madrid or a Barca willing to meet our asking price when he clearly has a weakness in his ankle that you would think will get worse over time

Especially as it seems like we are hellbent on ensuring that he has no serious backup / competition

Why would you even be hoping that we could sell to Real Madrid or Barca? :kanehand:

Harry is a once in a generation player for us, and having him for as long as he is willing to stay is an absolute privilege.

Why would you even be hoping that we could sell to Real Madrid or Barca? :kanehand:

Harry is a once in a generation player for us, and having him for as long as he is willing to stay is an absolute privilege.
I am not hoping for that though

Just stating my opinion that I don’t believe It will happen

I said it will be a shame for him on a personal level as I don’t believe we are winning silverware anytime soon but that’s not the same as me saying I want Kane to leave

The fact that he's still a world top 5 striker (according to me and a majority of the football fans I've spoken to) after all he's been through in a relatively short space of time just speaks to his generational talent.

Let's not speculate about him getting worse over time or coming back worse than before. What's the point? Seems like unnecessary doom and gloom. We haven't seen his medical records. For all we know, four months out rehabbing, relaxing and spending time with the world's best doctors will actually leave him in a better state than he was in before.

There are far too many confounding variables to say that he's finished or even to conclude that he's never going to be as good as he was a few years ago. His injuries have coincided with general downturns in the overall form of the team; he hasn't had enough injury-free time since the start of 2019, which is bad for him as well as leaving him prone to a ton of cognitive-biased analyses; he's looked a lot freer and happier playing for England in the last 12 months and his performances have been fantastic, even relative to the level of opposition (England had the Czech Republic and Kosovo, but made them look like San Marino and Liechtenstein); and related to the last point, Kane immediately looked so much better - as good as he ever did - during some of those early Jose games, which suggests that there's a psychological aspect[1].

And there's still the explanation you always have to look out for in science and logic: that everything that has happened so far has just been plain old bad luck (I mean, I can demonstrate that there's a ton of bad luck involved using the data available to the public.. -- and I've done so before in this thead). Historical events don't necessarily predict future events. In fact, they very often don't.

At the risk of repeating myself, there are far too many confounding variables to say that he's finished or even to conclude that he's never going to be as good as he was a few years ago. So let's wait and see what happens before making needlessly pessimistic projections. I believe Kane has it in him to bring it back but even if he stays at his post-Poch level for Spurs, he's still world class (and if you doubt his ability to make the difference, go back and watch that hard-fought Wolves victory from earlier in the season: Kane didn't even score but he was everywhere doing everything to eke out that win, becoming a solid MOTM candidate).

[1] I don't know why this is the case and my comment is not an attack on Spurs. I don't know what's going on at the club, with the squad, these days, but I think we all realise there's been some kind of general malaise around the place for at least the last year. FWIW, I absolutely believe that Kane is one of the players who still tries hard for the team, but so much of mood and motivation is not even conscious.

Last edited:
I genuinely don't mind him coming back as soon as possible aslong as it means he doesn't start games and instead is integrated slowly from the bench and builds his fitness up.

However, this is Kane and that never happens.

Sergio Aguero's injury record
19/20Muscle InjuryNov 24, 2019Dec 20, 201926 days
18/19Thigh ProblemsMar 31, 2019Apr 8, 20198 days
18/19Groin InjuryNov 30, 2018Dec 15, 201815 days
17/18Knee InjuryApr 13, 2018May 27, 201844 days
17/18Knee InjuryMar 11, 2018Apr 5, 201825 days
17/18Fractured RibSep 28, 2017Oct 14, 201716 days
16/17Muscular problemsAug 29, 2016Sep 12, 201614 days
15/16KnockNov 30, 2015Dec 14, 201514 days
15/16Hamstring InjuryOct 12, 2015Nov 19, 201538 days
14/15Ligament InjuryDec 8, 2014Jan 8, 201531 days
13/14Hamstring InjuryJun 26, 2014Jul 3, 20147 days
13/14Knee ProblemsMar 13, 2014Mar 27, 201414 days
13/14Hamstring InjuryJan 30, 2014Feb 27, 201428 days
13/14Calf InjuryDec 16, 2013Jan 13, 201428 days
12/13Knee InjuryFeb 28, 2013Mar 28, 201328 days
12/13Hamstring InjuryDec 31, 2012Jan 17, 201317 days
12/13Knee InjuryAug 20, 2012Sep 17, 201228 days

Kane's injury record
19/20Thigh muscle ruptureJan 2, 2020-52 days
19/20IllNov 1, 2019Nov 4, 20193 days
18/19Ligament InjuryApr 10, 2019May 31, 201951 days
18/19Torn Ankle LigamentJan 14, 2019Feb 23, 201940 days
17/18Ankle InjuryMar 12, 2018Apr 1, 201820 days
17/18Knee InjuryNov 6, 2017Nov 14, 20178 days
17/18Hamstring InjuryOct 23, 2017Oct 30, 20177 days
16/17Ankle InjuryMar 13, 2017Apr 6, 201724 days
16/17Ankle InjurySep 19, 2016Nov 7, 201649 days
13/14Back InjuryNov 11, 2013Dec 30, 201349 days
12/13Metatarsal FractureSep 27, 2012Nov 19, 201253 days
Nice info. :mourthumb:

I genuinely don't mind him coming back as soon as possible aslong as it means he doesn't start games and instead is integrated slowly from the bench and builds his fitness up.

However, this is Kane and that never happens.

If there's substance to it, which I doubt, he'd be looking at Sheffield United away 6.5 weeks from now. That gives us 7 games left, 4 to play before then in the league (Wolves H, Burnley A, Man U H, West Ham H, very manageable if we pull something together sharpish).

In all honesty, of we can get him or Sonny back for the Sheffield United game inthink we'll have a decent chance of getting something good out of the season. All speculation though and I don't expect it to be the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom