Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's literally just going through rehab following surgery.

What's the issue?

He won't be back this season.
I actually really hope he doesn’t come back this season. The injury he has now is a completely different kettle of fish to the ankle injuries. Rushing back from a ruptured hamstring and doing it again could genuinely threaten his career.

I absolutely love Harry , His all round game has improved beyond belief over the years , And if it wasn't for his injuries he would be almost the perfect footballer that could grace any team in the world . But of course if he ever leaves us ...fuck him .

Honestly love Harry. Best striker in my lifetime at Spurs and already a legend, but it’s starting to really piss me off now the way the club manages him and how rushes back himself. It’s what stops Levy from purchasing a striker because there’s always that glimmer of hope that Kane will be back, it’s ridiculous. He’s been run into the ground for years now and he will ruin his career. We are a fucking shambles as a club honestly. Just buy a fucking striker Levy you tosspot, sick of it.
Amen brother

Kane last five seasons games played - 51, 50, 38, 48, 40
Aguero last thirteen seasons - 42, 50, 47, 54, 41, 48, 40, 34, 42, 44, 45, 39, 46
Ronaldo last nine seasons - 54, 55, 55, 47, 54, 48, 46, 44, 43
Messi last eleven seasons - 51, 53, 55, 60, 50, 46, 57, 49, 52, 54, 50

and City, Juventus, and Barcelona are hardly lacking for 2nd, 3rd and 4th strikers ..... you still play your best striker in nearly every game, just as we do with Harry.

If you want to be the best you must stay healthy .... Harry plays no more and no less than any other top player, why is he "run into the ground" yet they are not? ... to pretend he's somehow treated differently is simply not true.

We do unquestionably need a second striker but pretending Harry plays more than other top players ... the evidence simply does not support that at all ....

Harry needs to learn his limitations, managers at club and country level will always play him, he needs to man up and say NO just once in a while.

Last edited:

What's the issue?

That's not it though, is it.

We all know he's dead set on coming back super early and is in demented rehab mode in a rush to do so.

He's going to declare himself fit and push to return when he's not properly healed and risk it.

If your a manger, the temptaiton to then play him is too much to ignore.

I hadn't realised that so many world renowned doctors and physiotherapists posted on here.
So much knowledge about the bodies healing and recuperative powers. I wouldn't be surprised if medical think tanks and scientists dont subscribe to this forum to learn from you all.
Just a shame that all of the medical team at Tottenham Hotspur and Harry himself don't bother tapping into this pool of wisdom.

I hadn't realised that so many world renowned doctors and physiotherapists posted on here.
So much knowledge about the bodies healing and recuperative powers. I wouldn't be surprised if medical think tanks and scientists dont subscribe to this forum to learn from you all.
Just a shame that all of the medical team at Tottenham Hotspur and Harry himself don't bother tapping into this pool of wisdom.
images

So does that mean no one on this forum should have an opinion on anything because it's not our profession or? I guess that also asks the question, are you a world-renowned doctor that can claim he has not been rushed back into action? You work for Tottenham? What is it truly like to be on the medical staff of the club to make the call that he's fit to go? Piss off.

Never learns; he's gonna Owen himself.

Owen played in an era when a hamstring rupture couldn't be repaired so he played a lot of his career without an entire hamstring muscle, so was never as a explosive. The Owen post Liverpool was basically just a goal poacher.

Kane's will be as good as new when he comes back, the worry will be reinjuring it.

What's the issue?

Could be back with a few games to go, for unfit slobs like me it's 4-6 months but for a super fit pro footballer with the best physio on the planet 8-10 weeks is perfectly possible.

If he's already stretching then surgery clearly went well ... mustn't rush him back but if he's fully recovered he can contribute some minutes here and there ... if he wants to play in the CL Final he needs a few games under his belt first .... Mourinho won't mug himself off with a half fit player.

So does that mean no one on this forum should have an opinion on anything because it's not our profession or? I guess that also asks the question, are you a world-renowned doctor that can claim he has not been rushed back into action? You work for Tottenham? What is it truly like to be on the medical staff of the club to make the call that he's fit to go? Piss off.
Well, aren't you just particularly charming?
Bizarrely- you just supported all of my points and then insulted me.
Well done you.

Hopefully not. Last year he came back too early and was more a zombie rather than a machine.
A lot of people seem to forget that he was actually playing well when he came back the first time. He scored a lovely goal against Burnley that meant nothing because the defence then shipped 2 (one of several games that made Kane look bad last season, spawning the "Spurs are better without Kane" myth). It was that CL final and then a competitive international tournament days later that did him in (coincidentally, the CL final was the first time he didn't score on a first game back from injury).

I share your general sentiment though. I also don't want a repeat of the CL final situation[1]. As much as I hate to admit it, I believe Kane probably has lost a little pace, stamina and mobility after so many repeated ankle injuries (which, to be fair, he does compensate for by being at least a solid 8/10 at almost everything else and a 9.5 in a few areas). I'm perhaps naively hoping that his fitness problems aren't necessarily permanent and that a doctor treating him in combination with a long period of rest and rehabilitation could revive some of the athleticism he's lost along the way (there must be something a team of the world's best and most expensive doctors can do for his ankle while they've got him confined and unable to burn himself out).

[1] I'd be remiss if I didn't say that although he clearly shouldn't have started as much for his own sake as anyone else's, Kane had really very little to do with the result of the final. He didn't get a single clear-cut chance to fuck up. The entire team was tragic and Kane's fundamentals were actually better than many of the supposedly fit players. The entire Kane v Lucas thing is also a bit of an annoying false dichotomy: when Lucas came on, he didn't replace Kane, and as we've seen this season, Lucas is clearly not a CF. The decision was portrayed at the time as Poch choosing Kane over Lucas when they've never truly been in competition for the same position. Everyone likes simple explanations for events and Kane just happened to be the easiest scapegoat for that one.

Open questions -
  • Do ppl think Kane fully recovered from his injury last year? i.e. not as quick
  • Are folks worried he might be limited (maybe even more) by this injury?
I'm not sure he was as fast or physical this year, but it's hard to tell as the whole team dynamic has shifted markedly.
Either way a croked Kane will still be a decent finisher.
I accidentally answered this post as part of my reply above. ^

Yes, I believe the repetitive ankle injuries eventually affected his performances and he has compensated by being generally fantastic at everything that doesn't involve flat out speed (as we've seen from recent games, it's not pace the team needs in its striker but the ability to win aerials etc. and hold the ball up, which Harry does better than anyone else).

No, I don't necessarily believe the problems are permanent and I'm actually hoping, but not expecting, that this latest stretch of time out with its sheer length and the extent of rehabilitation work, as well as the involvement of elite doctors, will slightly improve his overall athleticism compared to before -- if he allows himself to finally take his time in recovery.

Back
Top Bottom