Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People have this idea all the time. It’s a bit of fallacy.
Most CBs are physical players by nature of the game but not necessarily thugs.

Middlesbrough have a young English CB who has played at all ages for the international sides up to under 21s.

But yeah. Maybe he’s a thug. I have no idea.

A former England / Spurs CB who was a convicted thug is their manager I guess. So will give you that one.

The irony.

Let's see.

Woodgate wasn't a football thug but an extremely talented, elegant footballer (when he wasn't injured - which was most of the time with us). Lamela modelled himself on him!

I'd like to see Parrott given a chance tomorrow just to see how he shapes up.

Middlesboro on a run of four consecutive wins.

Let's see.

Woodgate wasn't a football thug but an extremely talented, elegant footballer (when he wasn't injured - which was most of the time with us). Lamela modelled himself on him!

I'd like to see Parrott given a chance tomorrow just to see how he shapes up.

Middlesboro on a run of four consecutive wins.

Well he was a thug off the pitch.

This is the fourth season in a row that Harry has sustained a serious enough long term injury. The club is culpable in all of this for flogging him to death and rushing him back from injury. I’ve felt for a while he’s nowhere near where he was 2014-17, largely down to the accumulation of those injuries and I Have grave doubts about him getting back to those levels.

Last edited:
Oh dear. You haven't been a spurs fan for long, have you?
Since 94 and I don’t understand why
giphy.gif

Interesting reading. Only Newcastle and Bomo have more injuries than us over xmas. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a change from the FA after this piece. Seems pretty damning and is digestible enough to get the rabble roused...

:kaneshh:

Also: Poor woolich.

:kanegoal:

At a normal club.

We are mental and this has been coming.

I am so disgusted and all this rubbish about not getting another striker because they wouldn't play is more sh!t.

We play lots of games, need quality options and someone to push Kane.

Now we may be forced to look for a striker that selling clubs know we need.

It's simply pathetic.

As a club, every single time we get close we do ALL the wrong things.

Now we have no identity whatsoever.

Kane is a super player but Pochettino allowed himself to get obsessed by him and as a club we have contributed to the bloke's loss of physical edge.
We will go for another striker because now it’s not Poch in charge of the decision and we have a manager that knows one player can’t carry a whole team

Not sure about this tbh.
Maybe not now, but by the start of next season there is zero chance we won’t have another striker in the first team match day squad.

Jose has said its too early for Parrot and it is, and I just don’t think Jose is that naive to think Kane can carry on like this. It’s just a shame we didn’t get to see Llorente or Janssen under him these coming weeks.

On a total irrelevant note HOW FUCKING BIG IS JOSH ONOMAH??????

https://Woolwich-mania.com/forum/members/arcspace.43242/

Change Woolwich to their actual name in the link and there’s a nice profile page
696 messages on a scum forum and I bet not one troll post or message of abuse like he does to Spurs fans.

When I said "our season is as good as over" there was more to it than just Kane being out.

Yes, in previous seasons, we have got results without him. But they're often built on half decent defending to get us those results.
They more or less all included Lloris, not barely average Gazza.
They included, more often than not, a half decent LB and 2 half decent CB's and occasionally a half decent RB.

A lot has changed and let's face facts, when Kane was out, it was the CL results that were mostly, but not all, good. Let's not forget we lost 0-1 at home to Ajax and 4-3 away at City after he took his knock.

Believe the away loss to Bournemouth, home loss to West Ham and away to City without a single goal in any of those games.

So let's not pretend things will be fine and dandy, eh?

When I said "our season is as good as over" there was more to it than just Kane being out.

Yes, in previous seasons, we have got results without him. But they're often built on half decent defending to get us those results.
They included, more often than not, a half decent LB and 2 half decent CB's and occasionally a half decent RB.

A lot has changed and let's face facts, when Kane was out, it was the CL results that were mostly, but not all, good. Let's not forget we lost 0-1 at home to Ajax and 4-3 away at City after he took his knock.

Believe the away loss to Bournemouth, home loss to West Ham and away to City without a single goal in any of those games.

No diamond this time though

You do realise those matches had 2 legs both home and away, and we won them overall, hence we progressed tot he CL final? Also, for the 0-1 loss to Ajax at home Son was suspended, so we were missing both Kane & Son.

Anyway.. I am not optimistic that things will change with Kane out, but there will be a change to our tactics surely.. and I hope that brings about better results.

You do realise those matches had 2 legs both home and away, and we won them overall, hence we progressed tot he CL final? Also, for the 0-1 loss to Ajax at home Son was suspended, so we were missing both Kane & Son.

Anyway.. I am not optimistic that things will change with Kane out, but there will be a change to our tactics surely.. and I hope that brings about better results.
I was twatted in Lanzarote when we lost to Ajax lol

Back
Top Bottom